Anthony Miller traded to Texans

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Interesting to see who gets slot snaps. Honestly may see a lot more Allen Robinson in the slot.

Damiere Byrd is slot WR size (5.9", 165) but only had 55 snaps there last year (6.6% of his snaps)
Marquise Goodwin also has NOT been a slot WR much in his career.
Darnell Mooney had 143 (18.6%) of his snaps in the slot.
Allen Robinson actually had 191 slot snaps last year.

I think you'll see a lot of 2 TE sets and 2 RB sets, then you can still get a lot of production out of a 3-wide set with Robinson and Mooney with Goodwin and Byrd splitting the 3rd WR reps. You can mix and match who plays the slot between those 4 and possibly Cohen.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Mike Garafolo- "The #Bears are trading WR Anthony Miller to the #Texans, sources tell me and @RapSheet. Long rumored to be dealt, the former second-round pick gets a fresh start."
2ept7eRuyq98s.gif

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
This just strikes me as George made a mandate that he needed to go and they waited for the best deal they could get. Yeah they save 1.2 on the cap but not sure how much that really helps.
Yep, George went on with Waddle & Silvy show and pretty much blasted Miller after the playoff game. Figured he was a goner at that point.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Rumors are that Ant Mill is taking a route to HOU through South Dakota and Nevada in tribute to his stayin Cicago

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Interesting to see who gets slot snaps. Honestly may see a lot more Allen Robinson in the slot.

Damiere Byrd is slot WR size (5.9", 165) but only had 55 snaps there last year (6.6% of his snaps)
Marquise Goodwin also has NOT been a slot WR much in his career.
Darnell Mooney had 143 (18.6%) of his snaps in the slot.
Allen Robinson actually had 191 slot snaps last year.

I think you'll see a lot of 2 TE sets and 2 RB sets, then you can still get a lot of production out of a 3-wide set with Robinson and Mooney with Goodwin and Byrd splitting the 3rd WR reps. You can mix and match who plays the slot between those 4 and possibly Cohen.
I expect we will see Cohen in the slot frequently.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
That or they dont want to pay Robinson and Miller next year. Get something for him now I suppose.
I mean, to trade Miller at this point it's clear that they had no desire to pay him. Miller liking tweets about WRs going to die in Chicago during the season shows that he likely had no desire to stay. Robinson and Miller situations are not related other than they play the same position.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why do people keep saying bears gave up a pick. It was a swap of picks. We likely at worst move up in a late round
Yeah think it was more about getting the headache of A.Miller off the team and the cap savings even though it's not much. Wouldn't doubt if George made it known that he needed to be gone by start of season but never know on that.