Anthony Rizzo!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wasn't talking about Craig. I was talking about Rizzo. Good job.

Me: Brandon Marshall is on pace to become the Bears all-time leading WR.

SilenceS: Why are we talking about Harlon Hill?

Yep, exactly the same.:wacko:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Wow. SilenceS is easier to troll than Waldo, even if he must know it he still responds to every post.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
On Topic

I think pitch recognition is an issue, albeit one that I think Rizzo can handle adjusting to. He made an adjustment at the start of the year and the pitcher's seemed to have adjusted to his adjustment, which is usually how it goes.

Off topic
Comparing a player to elite talent is irresponsible when it comes to talent evaluation. By your logic you would've written off a lot of players as they struggled to adjust early in their careers.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/y/yountro01.shtml

The game isn't as easy as Trout and Machado make it seem. I've never seen Rizzo as an elite talent, merely one who at the peak can provide .270/.350/.500 give or take. That'll play at first, and I still have faith that he will get there.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Rizzo is a below average player. His base running also is still at the elementary level. But nice to know that he is a building block in the minds of our FO. This kind of player must have something to do with the sustained success that we've been told about.

Would be great to have eight of these Rizzos fill the field and line-up card everyday. I can see a World Series on the horizon.

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. SilenceS is easier to troll than Waldo, even if he must know it he still responds to every post.

Because I troll them back. To troll would be to get to me, they don't get to me. I like giving it back to them. Its funny when people dish it and cant take it.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
I've never seen Rizzo as an elite talent, merely one who at the peak can provide .270/.350/.500 give or take. That'll play at first, and I still have faith that he will get there.

Not good enough for the sustained success that's the goal of our great leadership at Command Central. I'm sure their goals are much higher for Rizzo. I can't believe how easily you've discounted his abilities.

He is the "poster boy" you know.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
Rizzo is a below average player. His base running also is still at the elementary level. But nice to know that he is a building block in the minds of our FO. This kind of player must have something to do with the sustained success that we've been told about.

Would be great to have eight of these Rizzos fill the field and line-up card everyday. I can see a World Series on the horizon.

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Eh average to slightly above average. His BA has been bad but the K% hasn't gotten out of control and his BB% is actually up to 11 percent this year. He lost a shit ton of singles.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
On Topic

I think pitch recognition is an issue, albeit one that I think Rizzo can handle adjusting to. He made an adjustment at the start of the year and the pitcher's seemed to have adjusted to his adjustment, which is usually how it goes.

Off topic
Comparing a player to elite talent is irresponsible when it comes to talent evaluation. By your logic you would've written off a lot of players as they struggled to adjust early in their careers.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/y/yountro01.shtml

The game isn't as easy as Trout and Machado make it seem. I've never seen Rizzo as an elite talent, merely one who at the peak can provide .270/.350/.500 give or take. That'll play at first, and I still have faith that he will get there.

Exactly. The dip in production is that the huge uptick in power that he was showing to start the year has faded and he is still not getting enough singles to drop in. The cause of that being luck, skill or some combination of the two is what I am unsure of at this point.