Antoine Winfield Jr

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
How we gonna draft a safety when those two 2nd rounders are for a WR?

you've got allen robinson, an over the hill TE, a super inconsistent Anthony Miller and 4.61 forty Riley Ridley or Wims....you have a 4.6 forty starting RB, you have a scatback who is addicted to running out of bounds....The defense is clearly the strength of the team, do you just waive the white flag on offense, if you're trying to really see what Trubisky can do, give him some talent, can anyone on here with a straight face tell me our skill on offense is top half of the league? Do you think wims or ridley start on most teams? Antmill was projected to be a WR3 https://www.nfl.com/prospects/anthony-miller?id=32194d49-4c14-0090-2d8a-386614adf145 . IMO we need a strong #2 outside across from Arob. Wims was projected as a number 4 or 5 https://www.nfl.com/prospects/javon-wims?id=32195749-4d73-5658-6038-9e0ffd80e896 . I'm sorry but i wouldn't let pace draft my fantasy team..

msadows

Liked Posts:
you've got allen robinson, an over the hill TE, a super inconsistent Anthony Miller and 4.61 forty Riley Ridley or Wims....you have a 4.6 forty starting RB, you have a scatback who is addicted to running out of bounds....The defense is clearly the strength of the team, do you just waive the white flag on offense, if you're trying to really see what Trubisky can do, give him some talent, can anyone on here with a straight face tell me our skill on offense is top half of the league? Do you think wims or ridley start on most teams? Antmill was projected to be a WR3 https://www.nfl.com/prospects/anthony-miller?id=32194d49-4c14-0090-2d8a-386614adf145 . IMO we need a strong #2 outside across from Arob. Wims was projected as a number 4 or 5 https://www.nfl.com/prospects/javon-wims?id=32195749-4d73-5658-6038-9e0ffd80e896 . I'm sorry but i wouldn't let pace draft my fantasy team..

I've been saying this a ton: if burton is healthy we will be playing a lot more 2 TE sets so we won't have 3 WR's out there as much as we have in the past.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've been saying this a ton: if burton is healthy we will be playing a lot more 2 TE sets so we won't have 3 WR's out there as much as we have in the past.

Yes you have been saying that a ton and i think everyone already understands that we'll be running more 2 TE sets but even with that we still need another WR which would preferably be a speed WR to play outside opposite ARob because we aren't gonna run 2 TE sets 100% of the time obviously.

I'm just glad that you were able to make a defensive thread about Antoine Winfield Jr into a offensive thread about TE's and WR's. LOL

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes you have been saying that a ton and i think everyone already understands that we'll be running more 2 TE sets but even with that we still need another WR which would preferably be a speed WR to play outside opposite ARob because we aren't gonna run 2 TE sets 100% of the time obviously.

I'm just glad that you were able to make a defensive thread about Antoine Winfield Jr into a offensive thread about TE's and WR's. LOL

You mean cordarell patterson?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

LMFAO! Patterson is a gadget player not someone you want playing WR a ton.

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/personnel-grouping-frequency.html

We ran 2 RBs/TEs about 27% of the time in 2019. I include 2 RBs as I think a lot of times that would be a TE lined up at FB. In 2018 with Burton, it was about 35% of the time. So we are still running the majority of plays from 3 or more WRs.

If you want to compare to KC, they ran 2 TEs 40% of the time in 2019 and 39% in 2018. Philly is at 57% in 2019 and 46% in 2019.

So yes ideally Nagy probably wants to run more 2 TE sets but he is still playing 3 or more WRs 65% of the time. Or if you want to say he wants to be close to the KC offense that would be 60% of the time. Philly obviously runs it more but a lot of that is likely due to having a much better 2nd TE than KC or Chicago in Goeddart as well as all the injuries to the WR core in 2019. 2018 is probably still close to their norm and that would still be over 54% of the time with 3 WRs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

They tried making him a full time WR in Minn but it didn't work and if he could of been then i'm sure he would of been on one of the 4 teams he's played on especially the patriots.

msadows

Liked Posts:
LMFAO! Patterson is a gadget player not someone you want playing WR a ton.

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/personnel-grouping-frequency.html

We ran 2 RBs/TEs about 27% of the time in 2019. I include 2 RBs as I think a lot of times that would be a TE lined up at FB. In 2018 with Burton, it was about 35% of the time. So we are still running the majority of plays from 3 or more WRs.

If you want to compare to KC, they ran 2 TEs 40% of the time in 2019 and 39% in 2018. Philly is at 57% in 2019 and 46% in 2019.

So yes ideally Nagy probably wants to run more 2 TE sets but he is still playing 3 or more WRs 65% of the time. Or if you want to say he wants to be close to the KC offense that would be 60% of the time. Philly obviously runs it more but a lot of that is likely due to having a much better 2nd TE than KC or Chicago in Goeddart as well as all the injuries to the WR core in 2019. 2018 is probably still close to their norm and that would still be over 54% of the time with 3 WRs.

He said he wanted a fast guy, we have one of those.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No we don't as CP isn't really a WR. He has shown limited to no ability to beat a team deep. His speed is generally utilized as a RB or short passes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No we don't as CP isn't really a WR. He has shown limited to no ability to beat a team deep. His speed is generally utilized as a RB or short passes.

He's listed as a WR on the depth chart. Pretty sure. Last I checked.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's listed as a WR on the depth chart. Pretty sure. Last I checked.

The issue isn't what he is listed at. It is whether he is good enough to line up at WR2 majority of the time and the answer is no. 4 times have decided he is not good enough to garner that many snaps on the outside.

I also like how you ignored the personnel grouping numbers. We are still likely to play 3 WRs or more 60-65% of the time time judging by 2018 and the KC offense.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Best way to fix this is trade back both 2nd round picks while keeping both of them within the 2nd round. Draft a WR OL CB or SS with the first three picks BPA. BPA for a majority of positions after that.