Any good Cubs books?

Northside_slugger

Liked Posts:
One of my passions about baseball is learning about the game of baseball. I consider myself a student of the game. I watch as much baseball as I can, although, with it's been limited to just Cubs recently with life getting in the way, but, i also love to read columns online and books. I usually read about the Cubs but just finished a book on Nolan Ryan and the scout who found him. But i want to read/learn more about the Cubs, so is there any good books out there anyone would recommend?

I've already read:

-Miracle Collapse : The 1969 Chicago Cubs by Doug Feldman
-Chicago Cubs Yesterday and Today by Steve Johnson
-When Chicago Ruled Baseball : The Cubs-White Sox World Series of 1906 by: Bernard A. Weisberger

headfirstslide

Liked Posts:
It's not a Cubs book, but a new book expanding on the fun and funky baseball happenings in the 70's around baseball. It's by Dan Epstein..."Big Hair and Plastic Grass" and if you grew up with baseball in the 1970's...it's gonna bring back all the good memories.

Northside_slugger

Liked Posts:
It's not a Cubs book, but a new book expanding on the fun and funky baseball happenings in the 70's around baseball. It's by Dan Epstein..."Big Hair and Plastic Grass" and if you grew up with baseball in the 1970's...it's gonna bring back all the good memories.

I didn't. I was born in 84'. Besides those Cubs books i mentioned, i only read two others for my enjoyment, the Nolan Ryan book i just finished and "The bad guys won" by Jeff Pearlman, which to this day is still my favorite book.

Growing up through high school and college i hated reading, was too busy chasing down girls and doing keg stands. So i havn't gotten into reading up until recently, like two... three years ago.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrigleyworld: by Kevin Kaduk I read this one a couple years ago bascially the guy takes a summer off of his real job and goes to cubs games and writes about the area around wrigley and follows the team thoughout the year. Its not too big a pretty quick read (couple hours) And he brings up some interesting things about the neighborhood around the park.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Cubs-Nation-Games-Stories-Addiction/dp/0385513003/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1296226015&sr=1-4]Amazon.com: Cubs Nation: 162 Games. 162 Stories. 1 Addiction. (9780385513005): Gene Wojciechowski: Books[/ame]

Thats the best Cubs book I have ever read.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrigleyworld: by Kevin Kaduk I read this one a couple years ago bascially the guy takes a summer off of his real job and goes to cubs games and writes about the area around wrigley and follows the team thoughout the year. Its not too big a pretty quick read (couple hours) And he brings up some interesting things about the neighborhood around the park.

I just got the sample for this on my iPhone. Sounds a lot like Cubs Nation.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs cookbook is a good read.

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:

^^^^ both of these books are fantastic.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Cubs Journal (Day-by-day news from 1876 to present)
The Original Curse (About the 1918 World Series the Cubs threw to Boston)

Northside_slugger

Liked Posts:
Cubs Journal (Day-by-day news from 1876 to present)
The Original Curse (About the 1918 World Series the Cubs threw to Boston)

Just searched this and i think this is a definite, thank you!

Wrigleyworld also sounds really cool.

Thanks guys, keep em coming if anyone has other ideas.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
There's a fictional book called "How I helped the Chicago Cubs win the World Series in" then some year in the future, forgot which, where they bring players from the 1908 World Championship team to the future, sounds ridiculous to me, but has good reviews.