1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No

Liked Posts:
My brain says nah, it’s just not happening, even if he’s the best option out there.

But then again, this is a team that brought Nagy back, partly bc he’s a nice guy and had a 6 game losing streak that eventually ended.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
I'm not saying I want Mitch back, but he's gotten a pretty raw deal in Chicago. Getting benched this year for Foles was brutal when he did have a winning record. Mitch is part of this S-show, but he certainly didn't create it. The guy is the only NVP winner in the history of the league, how bout a little respect.

Last edited:

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I'm not saying I want Mitch back, but he's gotten a pretty raw deal in Chicago. Getting benched this year for Foles was brutal when he did have a winning record. Mitch is part of this S-show, but he certainly didn't create it.

I will give you that Nagy didn't always put Trubisky in the best position to succeed (which apparently means rolling him out and limiting the field to 25% which should tell you all you need to know about his ability). I also don't like that the Bears coaching staff acts like they are "victims" of bad QB play as opposed to a contributing factor to it. But he has not gotten a raw deal. He isn't a very good QB. There are better staffs that probably could have gotten more out of him. But his game is too flawed to be a franchise QB and ultimately that falls on him. The reality is he has shown limited developed in the league since being drafted. 4 years in and he is still a 1 read QB, displays poor footwork, lacks composure in the pocket, can't accurately throw deep, etc. By almost all counts Mitch is a good person and a hard worker which will serve him well in his long career as a backup/bridge QB.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying I want Mitch back, but he's gotten a pretty raw deal in Chicago. Getting benched this year for Foles was brutal when he did have a winning record. Mitch is part of this S-show, but he certainly didn't create it. The guy is the only NVP winner in the history of the league, how bout a little respect.

He's a nice kid, not his fault he was over drafted by 3 rounds. Hate on Nagy all you like and the raw deal he got in Chicago but this Mitch could not even beat out Subway sandwich maker Marquise Williams for 2 years. The latter Williams became a XFL bench warmer even.

The lone year he did get a start it's not like he lit it up and made the team leaps and bounds better. That UNC team finished 8-6 with a #1 pro qb behind center. Mitch finished the year with 30 TD's, 5 of those 30 TD's came against football powerhouse Pitt Panthers.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They didn’t trust him against the Pack or the Saints in the playoffs. Don’t see how they could trust him moving forward.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I will give you that Nagy didn't always put Trubisky in the best position to succeed (which apparently means rolling him out and limiting the field to 25% which should tell you all you need to know about his ability). I also don't like that the Bears coaching staff acts like they are "victims" of bad QB play as opposed to a contributing factor to it. But he has not gotten a raw deal. He isn't a very good QB. There are better staffs that probably could have gotten more out of him. But his game is too flawed to be a franchise QB and ultimately that falls on him. The reality is he has shown limited developed in the league since being drafted. 4 years in and he is still a 1 read QB, displays poor footwork, lacks composure in the pocket, can't accurately throw deep, etc. By almost all counts Mitch is a good person and a hard worker which will serve him well in his long career as a backup/bridge QB.

I don't think limiting your QB to 25% of the field is how you get them to learn to use the whole field. You also fail as a HC.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
boy i sure hope so. part of the 10 year rebuild
Hide The Pain GIFs | Tenor

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
VERYHIGH.
he's part of the 2022plan guys wtf?!!!!? lol.