Anybody in favor of an NFL draft lottery?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I really hate the idea of seeing the Browns at the top of the draft every year. Its getting old.

Now in defense of the current draft rules, look at Jacksonville. They spent the last 6 years drafting at the very top, and eventually, they hit on enough prospects to improve.

I think the NFL should adopt a similar NBA type lottery. Top 10-11 teams get seeded. I wouldn't have a problem with all 32.

Rewarding the worst team in the NFL year in and year out is stupid. And punishing the best teams in football every year isn't fun either.

The current system helps with parity. The argument is that is keeps afloat horrible franchises that should be sold or front offices that deserve to be dismantled.

Re-seeding the entire draft would be another interesting off-season event. Maybe half-time at the pro-bowl?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not like the Browns are picking the right players at the top.......

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I wouldn't have a problem with all 32.

Hell no. I get the argument for the top picks getting shuffled (which I oppose anyway), but you shouldn't let playoff teams get top picks based on random chance.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
NFL doesnt need one because it doesnt have a tanking problem. The NBA does in part because you can easily identify guys that are going to be hall of famers like LBJ or anthony davis. The NFL draft is a crapshoot. The nba isnt. The NFL also doesnt have an NFL hell. The NBA does. We bulls fans were in nba hell for a decade before garpax decided to tear it down.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
The Browns have had the first overall pick one time from 2001-2017.

Nicker

Liked Posts:
No. The nfl draft is the envy of the other three major sports in the US. Absolutely no need to change it.

Washington

Liked Posts:
NFL doesnt need one because it doesnt have a tanking problem. The NBA does in part because you can easily identify guys that are going to be hall of famers like LBJ or anthony davis. The NFL draft is a crapshoot. The nba isnt. The NFL also doesnt have an NFL hell. The NBA does. We bulls fans were in nba hell for a decade before garpax decided to tear it down.

^^^^^ this

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No thank you.

Plus, I don't think NFL teams try to tank, usually. Everyone wants to perform well because they don't want to be out of a job. In the NBA, the season is so long, there's guaranteed contracts... it's just different.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The lottery for the NBA is shitty, it would be horrific for the NFL.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Maybe the No.1 pick should not go to a team that has it the year before. Maybe lotto the top 3 to 5 picks. But why change what aint broke. Although it would keep guys from not coming out if they don't want to play for that team that has the 1 pick.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
People aren’t tanking on purpose and there has been pretty good parity. It’s not needed in this sport like the nba

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Anybody in favor of ripping your dick off?

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
I would say no. Part of the excitement for fans of perennially bad teams, (Bears, Browns, etc) is getting a shot at the next top player that could turn it around for your team. (A Myles Garrett type of guy) Or at least help. Bad teams need the picks to get better, it doesn't always work but at least its a chance. There's more to it obviously but for me, drafting a QB was what made me watch the Bears this year for several games to see if they finally landed a good QB. Despite the fact that I admittedly wanted defense at first.