Anyone notice

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Louis Riddick is also one of the few members of the media who were big on Mahomes before the season last year. People who understand football are pretty big on the Bears. To name a few credible ones of the top of my head: Dungy, Riddick, and Kollmann.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think Mitch is middle of the pack. Not nearly as good as his passer rating would indicate, behind only Mahomes and Brees. But not bottom of the barrel either. We're talking about a guy who had limited college experience, one year under Fox with a limited supporting cast, and one year under Nagy where he performed pretty damn well all things considered. I think he gets into the top 5-10 territory this season, which is more than enough to win the SB with this defense, and a solid running game.
Do you mean QBR? Mitch’s passer rating was right where I would chart him, 16th in the league so the definition of average.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Mitch is middle of the pack. Not nearly as good as his passer rating would indicate, behind only Mahomes and Brees. But not bottom of the barrel either. We're talking about a guy who had limited college experience, one year under Fox with a limited supporting cast, and one year under Nagy where he performed pretty damn well all things considered. I think he gets into the top 5-10 territory this season, which is more than enough to win the SB with this defense, and a solid running game.
yeah maybe...

if Big Ben, Tom Terrific, the Mormon with 30 children, and Brees all hang it up at end of year...

then maybe.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I am excited and optimistic about this season,that said let me play devils advocate.
We have question marks at key positions RG, TE, SS, K,and QB. The Fangio hangover could be bigger than expected. 12-4 was with an easier schedule and nearly injury unscathed team.

That said, SUPER BOWL BABY!!!!!

Wouldnt exactly say TE is that big of a question mark as long as trey stays healthy. We have an above average starter. Only issue is depth, but a lot of teams dont have the luxury of two good TE's. Our major issue is that we should have two good TE's but we drafted mr. chipotle.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Do you mean QBR? Mitch’s passer rating was right where I would chart him, 16th in the league so the definition of average.
Yes, my bad. I was talking about ESPN'S Total QBR, which I believe vastly overstates where he is:

But I think he's right in the middle of the road at this point, with a good chance to crack the top 10.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I was talking about ESPN'S Total QBR, which I believe vastly overstates where he is:

But I think he's right in the middle of the road at this point, with a good chance to crack the top 10.
Agreed. That ESPN crap is horrible. The funniest part is ESPN doesn’t even take that metric serious.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wouldnt exactly say TE is that big of a question mark as long as trey stays healthy. We have an above average starter. Only issue is depth, but a lot of teams dont have the luxury of two good TE's. Our major issue is that we should have two good TE's but we drafted mr. chipotle.
TE isn't a questionmark if the question of TB's health doesn't continue to be a question mark? Brilliant.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
yeah maybe...

if Big Ben, Tom Terrific, the Mormon with 30 children, and Brees all hang it up at end of year...

then maybe.
5 might be a stretch, but 7-10 wouldn't surprise me one bit. Depending on how you're evaluating it.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The Bears are not sneaking up on anybody this year.

Why don’t people know how to spell *damn*?

napo55

Liked Posts:
It's all someone's guess and opinion. Flip a coin. Few thought the Bears would go 12 and 4 last year. So it's all up in the air until games are won or lost.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, my bad. I was talking about ESPN'S Total QBR, which I believe vastly overstates where he is:

I used to be a big QBR hater but have become someone who simply isn't fond of it. Reason is, my bro and I compare the top 10 QBs in both QBR and passer rating and one wasn't really better than the other so I generally think a QBs goodness lies somewhere between the 2 rating though closer to passer rating. There were outliers in both. What I don't get is that Mitch has a midpack passer rating yet gets downgraded when everything else he does unrelated to throwing is value added. Does he need to throw better this year, of course he does but his legs got us lots of 1st down, time to throw and sack avoidance. Also Ds more honest.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The Bears are not sneaking up on anybody this year.

Why don’t people know how to spell *damn*?
People over do that whole “sneaking up” thing. opponents watch film. opponents prepare for the Bears and anyone else they’re going to face. they don’t walk out there on Sunday thinking the game is in hand

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The whole first place schedule thing annoys me because it is over blown. It’s 2 games .. 2 games the bears play that the Vikings and packers don’t player <br><br>14/16 games are identical</p>&mdash; Mr. Chicago Bear™ (@IKHAN21) <a href=" ">July 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What’s with all the stuttering?

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Did ANYONE predict 12-4 last year??

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Did ANYONE predict 12-4 last year??
I predicted 11-5.

But I did my guesses for the North last night and I got the Bears at 12-4 this year, losing to the Rams, Saints, Eagles and one to the Vikings.