Anyone Playing Total War Attila?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Btw Total War games are not technically RTS.... campaign is turn based and battles are real time combat.

I don't honestly distinguish them as outside of the RTS realm but just in case Ziggy wanted to play a Total War game he would know what he was looking at.

Total War isn't so bad of a learning curve actually because of the campaign being turn based and then battles allowing you to pause and slo-mo.... if you got a decent PC you should try Atilla Ziggy.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty huge difference between RTS and total war, really. Though there are a lot of overlapping concepts.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I tried Attila off a friend's steam account I just didn't care for it however loved Rome II.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I tried Attila off a friend's steam account I just didn't care for it however loved Rome II.

I liked Atilla more than Rome 2.... I enjoyed the family structure component of Atilla and how internal faction politics worked and actually mattered.

The campaign feels like it has much more depth to me than Rome 2 did...

supraman

Liked Posts:
I liked Atilla more than Rome 2.... I enjoyed the family structure component of Atilla and how internal faction politics worked and actually mattered.

The campaign feels like it has much more depth to me than Rome 2 did...

Not going to lie I was so bummed that the family tree wasn't a buggy mess. The endless bitching on the Total War forums about it being missing was just dumb. People gave that gave a 1.0 on metacritic solely because it didnt have a family tree.

I admit the politics of rome 2 are awful and utterly pointless I'll agree to that, but Total War games have never been strong on that front, you want to play the diplomacy/intrigue game play Crusader Kings 2. For me Total Wars games are about the battles and Rome II had fun battles, especially after Emperor Edition. As for the campaigns outside of Napoleon and Attila the campaigns always consisted of conquering everyone.

Reactions: 1ke

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not going to lie I was so bummed that the family tree wasn't a buggy mess. The endless bitching on the Total War forums about it being missing was just dumb. People gave that gave a 1.0 on metacritic solely because it didnt have a family tree.

I admit the politics of rome 2 are awful and utterly pointless I'll agree to that, but Total War games have never been strong on that front, you want to play the diplomacy/intrigue game play Crusader Kings 2. For me Total Wars games are about the battles and Rome II had fun battles, especially after Emperor Edition. As for the campaigns outside of Napoleon and Attila the campaigns always consisted of conquering everyone.

To each their own I suppose.... I love the Total War series, but the game can lack depth and personality at times.... with Atilla you get a faction leader and a family of people.... sons who become generals and whatnot.... so rinse and repeat battles that used to be tiresome now have more meaning if you care about the army and whom is leading it.

I felt like Atilla still had all the fun battles, but the campaign faction politics and family tree stuff gave it more life.

Lol they still need to fix diplomacy doe....

"Listen man my son just needs a wife.... you have 4 daughters and you are poor, I will give you 10,000 for her...."

"Ok cool"

"Oh and I want a trade agreement"

"YOU WANT WHAT GTFO YOU DIRTY FUCK"

"How about 20,000 just for a trade agreement"

"NO FUCK OFF NO"

"30,000? Cmon das like 10 times your entire treasury.... you even make more off the trade agreement than I do"

"NO YOU CAN EAT SHIT AND DIE"

"Ok.... bye then"

*Next turn.... same guy opens diplomacy with you

"Hey bruh how about a trade agreement and I pay you 1000 for it"

"You what? I mean.... sure.... but... last turn you were like... wut?"

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To each their own I suppose.... I love the Total War series, but the game can lack depth and personality at times.... with Atilla you get a faction leader and a family of people.... sons who become generals and whatnot.... so rinse and repeat battles that used to be tiresome now have more meaning if you care about the army and whom is leading it.

I felt like Atilla still had all the fun battles, but the campaign faction politics and family tree stuff gave it more life.

"Listen man my son just needs a wife.... you have 4 daughters and you are poor, I will give you 10,000 for her...."

"Ok cool"

"NO FUCK OFF NO"

"30,000? Cmon das like 10 times your entire treasury.... you even make more off the trade agreement than I do"

"Ok.... bye then"

Game logic ftw

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is why my favorite Total War have is the first Medieval Total War game. Everything was much simpler back then.

Back then, you got a faction, a leader, and a family. Your sons gained valor through battle, and you married your daughters to your allies.

None of the back and forth shit that these games have were there back then.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
150.png

supraman

Liked Posts:

"Ok cool"

"NO FUCK OFF NO"

"Ok.... bye then"

Even still the internal politics and family stuff is on the light side and can basically be ignored outside of shutting them up when their loyalty wavers. Also yeah never going ot understand why factions are so unwilling to trade

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Even still the internal politics and family stuff is on the light side and can basically be ignored outside of shutting them up when their loyalty wavers. Also yeah never going ot understand why factions are so unwilling to trade

I was wondering when you were going to find this thread, I almost brought you up... hah

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I mean it is quite insane....

I have had instances where I batter the fuck outta an enemy I am at war with, I bring them down to 1 settlement.

I besiege that settlement with 3-4 full stacks, more than enough to destroy them outright.

Open diplomacy.... offer peace, BIG YES..... request money, SURE TAKE WHAT YOU WANT.... request they become my vassal state, NO PROBLEM BOSS..... request one of their daughters, SURE WTF DO I CARE..... request a trade agreement which will help both of us, NO FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCK FUCK :mad:....

Its like do or die.... this is the only peace you will get or I will annihilate you.... just accept a trade agreement.... "We will surrender our honor.... our money.... our freedom.... our women.... BUT WE WILL NOT SIGN A MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL TRADE AGREEMENT! NEVER! WE WILL DIE FIRST"

:speechless:

Reactions: 1ke