Apparently DJ Williams didn't want or wasn't expecting to compete

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Screw DJ. I hate when people speak honestly in interviews.
---I hate fisch---

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
213868-almanac-michael-bay-found-footage-time-travel-back-to-the-future-2-old-biff-tannen.jpg

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is the root article “I’m competing for a starting job,”...on't really care who starts, best man is all.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I am rooting for the Bostic to start. I think Bostic makes a nice jump this offseason and he wins the job due to his speed.

Also I don't like dj attitude going into this. He should be happy he is playing for an nfl team considering he is injury prone. He doesn't sound like a trestman type player atm

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I don't know why DJ would think that he was penciled in as the starter. He hasn't really done anything the past few years except drinking and driving.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know why DJ would think that he was penciled in as the starter. He hasn't really done anything the past few years except drinking and driving.

He can multitask. That's a good thing.

Liked Posts:
From the article he is quoted as saying he didn't understand that Shea was moving to linebacker and that if he kne he likely would have looked at other situations more closely. Why this guy is even remotely thinking he is in a position to NOT have to compete for a spot? What planet does he live on where he doesn't have to compete? Sure maybe he's taking it in stride but dude your ego is too big to think you would go somewhere else potentially and not have to compete. You were never that good.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/07...asnt-completely-explained-during-free-agency/

With the money that's been wasted on this guy & Anderson, it's just too bad that money that was used on both Williams & Anderson couldn't have been used to just keep Nick Roach around. I thought Anderson was actually ok early, but damn he drove me nuts getting caught trying to call in the audible too late on multiple occasions with his back to the QB when the ball was being snapped I the defense was in the middle of an adjustment. Personally I think Williams is just plain broken down physically. I'd be happy just to have Nick Roach back right now, let alone anyone better.

mac bear

Liked Posts:
This is called artful spinning of quotes... and it's been done quite consistently throughout this thread as well.

Unless we were there, at the interview, staring at DJ in the face as he said what he said, we really can only read 'into' what he says. And have we got the whole piece? In this thread alone, posters have used tidbits of a condensed version of the article, and the condensed article and the URL to the 'full' piece, which, of course, was the writer's piecing together into his own spin...

I don't like the way DJ was spun in this... but maybe I don't like his attitude... so far.

Let's talk again in two weeks...

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He'll win it. Not even worried. LOL at Bostic receiving praise as being this years starter at MLB then tho he was horrible last year. People make excuses for his performance with injuries and shit surrounding players; but continue to dog conte. No logic.

Williams wins.

He made that one big hit in preseason and fans fell in love with "BOOM BOSTIC". He struggled last season and was pretty bad at times. Hopefully he improves this season.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So a 31 year old LB coming off a season ending injury before he signed, get's another season ending injury again not even halfway through the season, says that he would have looked elsewhere had he known he was going to have to compete for a spot?...

When did this goof become all pro?....lol....

BEARS

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
With the money that's been wasted on this guy & Anderson, it's just too bad that money that was used on both Williams & Anderson couldn't have been used to just keep Nick Roach around. I thought Anderson was actually ok early, but damn he drove me nuts getting caught trying to call in the audible too late on multiple occasions with his back to the QB when the ball was being snapped I the defense was in the middle of an adjustment. Personally I think Williams is just plain broken down physically. I'd be happy just to have Nick Roach back right now, let alone anyone better.

I actually thought Roach did a pretty decent job filling in for Lach in 2012

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
So a 31 year old LB coming off a season ending injury before he signed, get's another season ending injury again not even halfway through the season, says that he would have looked elsewhere had he known he was going to have to compete for a spot?...

When did this goof become all pro?....lol....

BEARS

If you read it, he had other offers that he would have considered more carefully. He didn't seriously consider other offers, he just signed with the Bears. If he had know the competition was going to get amped up, switching Shea and having guys try out multiple positions, he may have considered the other offers more seriously. Hope that helps.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
He made that one big hit in preseason and fans fell in love with "BOOM BOSTIC". He struggled last season and was pretty bad at times. Hopefully he improves this season.

Don't for get the Cam INT. I was at that game.

Liked Posts:
I actually thought Roach did a pretty decent job filling in for Lach in 2012

I thought so too, & he proved he could play two different LB positions. But he was also able to call/audible the right defense to put the players around him in the best possible situation to succeed in the system, for the most part. That in it's own helps a lot. I'd be very happy just to have Roach right now.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
DJ Williams for President............goooooooooo Bears!

bearmuff

Liked Posts:
From the article he is quoted as saying he didn't understand that Shea was moving to linebacker and that if he kne he likely would have looked at other situations more closely. Why this guy is even remotely thinking he is in a position to NOT have to compete for a spot? What planet does he live on where he doesn't have to compete? Sure maybe he's taking it in stride but dude your ego is too big to think you would go somewhere else potentially and not have to compete. You were never that good.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/07...asnt-completely-explained-during-free-agency/

the guy hasn't been able to play football since he got caught using animal urine for his piss tests, its over guys

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:

Exactly. You are definitely right about preseason and his bad struggles as well. Thank you for putting a logical and realistic spin on what actually happened on film last year rather than some who just spew about youth or what round a player was drafted in to justify starting rather than the facts