3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's cliche, but go for the love of the game. Go for the fans, go for the fun. He'd have Castro and Quade there with him, so he wouldn't be the only Cub.

Maybe he just wanted a vacation from quade. it seems like the vets pretty much hate him lol.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
You, dew, and I am sure David Kaplan...

It is meaningless exhibition game. I don't have a problem with a guy wanting to visit family during the only opportunity he has while working after only getting asked to the All-Star Game a couple days before.

Called it:
Ramirez
Ramirez declined the invitation to play in the Mid-Summer Classic citing a family trip to the Dominican Republic as the reason...

That stance is something that I find highly disrespectful to the game, Cubs fans, and the organization in general because when you are accorded that honor nothing other than a health problem should keep you from participating. You find a way to change your plans, you fly your family to Phoenix to watch you play if they so choose and you make it work.
He does go on to mention that many other players do exactly what Ramirez did, though he never mentions any by name.