Aramis Ramirez: All star?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In another news...and I may be the last to know, idk...Aramis Ramirez was asked to participate in the all-star game by NL Manager Bruce Boche...and responded w/, "Nah, I got plans..." That was before Rolen was named the starter...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Am I the only one who is disappointed in Ramirez for not going to the all-star game?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who is disappointed in Ramirez for not going to the all-star game?

You, dew, and I am sure David Kaplan...

It is meaningless exhibition game. I don't have a problem with a guy wanting to visit family during the only opportunity he has while working after only getting asked to the All-Star Game a couple days before.

Dan0mite

Liked Posts:

Perhaps.

I don't mind it since he was asked at the last minute to be the third best option when he already had travel plans with his family. Had he been asked a few days earlier or was on the team originally and said "No" that would look bad, but just declining a day before the break isn't a big deal.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Cubs I'm sure would have happily sent his family to the all-star game. This is about, us, the fans. This may very well be the last time he ever gets selected.

People say on here that the Cubs deserved more all-stars, and one is selected, and he decides to go on vacation. If there is a death or illness, there is a difference.

Aramis Ramirez just giving a middle finger to the fans who voted, along with players and coaches who voted for him.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs I'm sure would have happily sent his family to the all-star game. This is about, us, the fans. This may very well be the last time he ever gets selected.

People say on here that the Cubs deserved more all-stars, and one is selected, and he decides to go on vacation. If there is a death or illness, there is a difference.

Aramis Ramirez just giving a middle finger to the fans who voted, along with players and coaches who voted for him.
But if they voted for him he wouldn't have been the fourth 3B selected. Polanco won the combined vote and Rolen was second on the player vote.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But if they voted for him he wouldn't have been the fourth 3B selected. Polanco won the combined vote and Rolen was second on the player vote.

exactly...

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The reason why he wasn't selected was because he was colder than the North Pole in April and the first half of May.

It doesn't matter, this is a once in a lifetime experience, Aramis should have said yes.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The reason why he wasn't selected was because he was colder than the North Pole in April and the first half of May.

It doesn't matter, this is a once in a lifetime experience, Aramis should have said yes.

3rd time he's been 'selected'.... :shrug:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess I'd consider the 2011 all-star game a once in a lifetime experience. :shrug:

I don't want hear fans complain about not getting enough all-star selections when one does get selected and decides to go on vacation.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I guess I'd consider the 2011 all-star game a once in a lifetime experience. :shrug:

I don't want hear fans complain about not getting enough all-star selections when one does get selected and decides to go on vacation.

I heard on the Radio today a proposal that would pay players $100,000 to go to the ASG and $500,000 for the MVP...it would have to NOT count towards the post-season, and should be enough to entice players to play (the richer players would have a built-in tax write-off if they wanted...the players who aren't so rich could probably really use a $100,000/$500,000 check.)

It needs tweaking, but I like it. Right now, why would someone go if they're asked last minute and already made plans?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's cliche, but go for the love of the game. Go for the fans, go for the fun. He'd have Castro and Quade there with him, so he wouldn't be the only Cub.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
I said it earlier, but add in the fact that the Cubs have played something like 18 games in the past 17 days. That, plus the fact he already had plans (and plane tickets set up) to visit his family in the Dominican for three day, it doesn't surprise me.

Do I want him to be there? Sure. Especially given the fact that he's the hottest hitter in baseball right now. But, I'm not going to hold it against him when he already has plans to visit his family, was only asked to be a replacement (basically a 3rd/4th choice), and is probably tired and greatly looking forward to 3 days of rest. The dude's not the youngest anymore.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

His OPS+ the first three months were 114, 104, 147, and 228. He's been an above average hitter every month so far this year.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
His OPS+ the first three months were 114, 104, 147, and 228. He's been an above average hitter every month so far this year.

Yeah, that was part of the point. Rami hasn't been above average enough to make people go WOW. By the time he caught fire it was a bit too late. Ergo, snub.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that was part of the point. Rami hasn't been above average enough to make people go WOW. By the time he caught fire it was a bit too late. Ergo, snub.

Got ya. Just saying that it's not like he was terrible for 2.5 months.

Honestly had Aramis not caught fire te NL should have just had a vacant spot at 3B.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm disappointed that he wasn't picked earlier but at least he got a vacation out of it :D

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got ya. Just saying that it's not like he was terrible for 2.5 months.

Honestly had Aramis not caught fire te NL should have just had a vacant spot at 3B.

I said it earlier. Using the DH for the 3B would improve the NL chances of winning.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arod after his surgery would probably be better than Rolen.