Aramis Ramirez Might Be Traded After All and Other Bullets

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Cubs will try to trade him, but if they don't by 8/31, I can see him being bought out either soon after, and released, or just bought out at the end of the season. I honestly don't think they want to bring him back for the $16MM or whatever he's due in 2012 on that option.

Im not saying he worth 16 mil either but he is worth 8-10 mil for 2-3 years.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
good stuff guys...

a ram again, has never been a great defender...Is he terrible? No...but that's not his forte

his forte is consistent hitting(doubles) and HR/RBI

arguably in his prime he was one of the best sluggers in baseball

but stats clearly show that he is on the decline...and i think it would benefit the team if he was moved

TheCubfather

Holy Cow!
Liked Posts:
i've had enouhg of a-ram. time for him to go. he only plays well when it doesn't matter much for the Cubs.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's been GREAT in the past. Don't get anyone of us wrong. I just don't ever want to see a guy being paid $15 million dollars this year and can't hit with RISP.

He's really just been a bum this year.

Especially seeing that he has always been the RBI guy when in Chicago.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
good stuff guys...

a ram again, has never been a great defender...Is he terrible? No...but that's not his forte

his forte is consistent hitting(doubles) and HR/RBI

arguably in his prime he was one of the best sluggers in baseball

but stats clearly show that he is on the decline...and i think it would benefit the team if he was moved

How does it benefit the team when we have no one better to take his place? Yes, he is declining. But he is still better than he other options out there.

To those posters saying He is a dog, production speaks for itself.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How does it benefit the team when we have no one better to take his place? Yes, he is declining. But he is still better than he other options out there.

To those posters saying He is a dog, production speaks for itself.

trade for some pieces that will be better long term?

do you really want ramirez to be back on the team in 2012 and further?

Rick

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter if there's a replacement for Ramirez this season. 2011 is a lost cause. The Cubs aren't going anywhere this year. They'll more than likely address the problem over the winter.

There's no reason for any Cubs fans to continue to hold onto to this season, its been the complete train wreck that I anticipated it to be. The only remaining thing that I'm looking forward to this season is the young guys coming up and getting some valuable experience.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter if there's a replacement for Ramirez this season. 2011 is a lost cause. The Cubs aren't going anywhere this year. They'll more than likely address the problem over the winter.

There's no reason for any Cubs fans to continue to hold onto to this season, its been the complete train wreck that I anticipated it to be. The only remaining thing that I'm looking forward to this season is the young guys coming up and getting some valuable experience.

Right, this season. I'm looking at next season. Let's say they do "address the problem in the offseason," who is better than rami?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right, this season. I'm looking at next season. Let's say they do "address the problem in the offseason," who is better than rami?

right, because you cannot supplement his stat line at another position. :rolleyes:

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
right, because you cannot supplement his stat line at another position. :rolleyes:

But where exactly? I mean the only position that is really upgradeable is first base. Possibly 2B if you think Kelly Johnson can be productive again, but other than that there isn't a whole lot to get that significantly improves the ball club.

It all comes down to what will Aramis sign for honestly. If he is wanting to stay in the 10-14 million dollar a year range he needs to go. If he wants to stay in the 5-7 million dollar range then yeah I would probably take him back as well.

Regardless replacing Pena with Fielder and replacing Aramis with Jeff Baker doesn't really improve this team much. The Cubs need to more than supplement his stats elsewhere because doing that is just treading water something the Cubs can ill-afford to do.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My thinking is maybe the Cubs could sign Pena to a $7M/ 3 year deal to play 3rd and signing Fielder to play 1st. Not a great idea, but if the Cubs are serious about spending at 1st, it wouldn't do any good if they have Jeff Baker starting.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My thinking is maybe the Cubs could sign Pena to a $7M/ 3 year deal to play 3rd and signing Fielder to play 1st. Not a great idea, but if the Cubs are serious about spending at 1st, it wouldn't do any good if they have Jeff Baker starting.

I highly doubt Pena would take that money to play a position he has never played before in the majors.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

To those posters saying He is a dog
, production speaks for itself.
:rolleyes: You missed the crosstown series forum so I'll explain it again.

Production does not equate to dog status. Dog status is earned by not running from first to third on plays, an apathetic attitude on the field, and little defensive effort.

Granted Ramirez does do those things once in a great while, but I can't count the many times I saw Ramirez not move his feet on defense to stop a ball from going through, the many times he could have went 1st to so much as 2nd instead of 3rd. The times it didn't look like he cared.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:rolleyes: You missed the crosstown series forum so I'll explain it again.

Production does not equate to dog status. Dog status is earned by not running from first to third on plays, an apathetic attitude on the field, and little defensive effort.

Granted Ramirez does do those things once in a great while, but I can't count the many times I saw Ramirez not move his feet on defense to stop a ball from going through, the many times he could have went 1st to so much as 2nd instead of 3rd. The times it didn't look like he cared.

Eh. Sure at times its annoying, but if he produces like he has for his time here (sans 2010) I am okay with him "dogging it" for the most part.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pena at 3B? You guys realize there hasn't been a left-handed third baseman in the majors in like 40 years, right? :lol:

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pena at 3B? You guys realize there hasn't been a left-handed third baseman in the majors in like 40 years, right? :lol:
The Cubs haven't won a WS in 103 years. Anythings worth a shot. :cubstroll: