First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
What are they? Seriously asking. I see a lot of people say they don't want him because he's a headcase, but never mention any specifics.

I know he took time away from the LSU program this season, but that's all I've heard about him. What makes him such a headcase that no one wants to draft him at 8?

Help me out here.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's black.

giphy.gif

dennehy

Liked Posts:
No one knows. His dad said he needed to get away from football because he reached stardom too quickly, but of course there's no credence to that.

Could be anything, but it doesn't seem like he was asked to leave at all.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Yeah, not touching Key with a ten foot pole. Too crazy. To be honest, just slide down 5-7 picks and take Ridley who is perfect for Nagy's system.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
someone jumped to a conclusion that his heart wasn't in football and that we should stay away from him

looking for some clarification on this as well

Hammer

Liked Posts:
More stuff will come out by the time of Draft, but if he's in that Randy Gregory / Laremy Tunsil / Reuben Foster zone, then it's probably best for the Bears to avoid him.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think anybody really knows. He stepped away from the program and lost a bunch of weight I think. You have to question his mental toughness and dedication to the game. I could really see him falling all the way to the 2nd.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I don't think anybody really knows. He stepped away from the program and lost a bunch of weight I think. You have to question his mental toughness and dedication to the game. I could really see him falling all the way to the 2nd.

So because he took time away from the game he's a headcase?

Nobody actually knows why he took time away. Could've been a suspension that wasn't disclosed, could've been like another poster said, "reached stardom too quickly," could've been family issues. Nobody has actually said why he stepped away and now he's a "headcase" and has these outrageous "off the field issues" like Randy Gregory but nobody actually has said what he's done to warrant these criticisms.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
More stuff will come out by the time of Draft, but if he's in that Randy Gregory / Laremy Tunsil / Reuben Foster zone, then it's probably best for the Bears to avoid him.

So nothing's actually came out to put him that category of headcase other than him taking time away from the LSU program?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
What are they? Seriously asking. I see a lot of people say they don't want him because he's a headcase, but never mention any specifics.

I know he took time away from the LSU program this season, but that's all I've heard about him. What makes him such a headcase that no one wants to draft him at 8?

Help me out here.

If you would watch his play from this year you would understand why no one wants him. He had a great year last year and he has been absolutely nothing special this year. People keep throwing his name around because of what he was hyped up to be from is previous play.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
If you would watch his play from this year you would understand why no one wants him. He had a great year last year and he has been absolutely nothing special this year. People keep throwing his name around because of what he was hyped up to be from is previous play.

Well, I wasn't addressing his on the field play. I was asking about his character that has everyone scared to draft him. I've only seen a couple posters mention his play as a reason to not draft him at 8.

Everyone else just keeps throwing out headcase.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So because he took time away from the game he's a headcase?

Nobody actually knows why he took time away. Could've been a suspension that wasn't disclosed, could've been like another poster said, "reached stardom too quickly," could've been family issues. Nobody has actually said why he stepped away and now he's a "headcase" and has these outrageous "off the field issues" like Randy Gregory but nobody actually has said what he's done to warrant these criticisms.

Yeah, well until I know why, I'm not drafting him in the first round. I think that is fair. If he goes through the combine process and comes clean and a team feels comfortable with his answer then it could make sense.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
He was asked to drop in coverage far more this year and he gained like 20++ pounds.... So I don't know where 80% of you idiots come from, where you get your info and how you all could of heard completely different rumors about him. but i hope we get him so i can hear more gossip bullshit and lies.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
There was a ton of rumors going around that Trubisky wasn't a good leader, then he said "fuck" in the huddle and that changed everyones tune.

Pace does a good job of bringing guys in that want to play football and want to get better at it. If this guys not it, we'll find out on draft day.

napo55

Liked Posts:
If we still don't know what happened at the time of the draft, do you take the risk of character issues for a player who had a disappointing 2017?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Well, I wasn't addressing his on the field play. I was asking about his character that has everyone scared to draft him. I've only seen a couple posters mention his play as a reason to not draft him at 8.

Everyone else just keeps throwing out headcase.

I can't say for sure but it is possible that his character and work ethic are a reason he has sucked this year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Help me out here.

I asked this a couple of times in different threads but of course never got any answer from anyone and still............................................no answer.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I asked this a couple of times in different threads but of course never got any answer from anyone and still............................................no answer.

Watch his tape from this year and ask why you would even want this guy at #8. The reason people say he is a headcase is because he seems to have all this talent... but he was a non factor this year. He sucked. Show me one game where he produced at a level that would make you want to pick him at #8.