Arden Key off the field issues...

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
He was asked to drop in coverage far more this year and he gained like 20++ pounds.... So I don't know where 80% of you idiots come from, where you get your info and how you all could of heard completely different rumors about him. but i hope we get him so i can hear more gossip bullshit and lies.

You clearly haven't seen him play this year.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He was asked to drop in coverage far more this year and he gained like 20++ pounds.... So I don't know where 80% of you idiots come from, where you get your info and how you all could of heard completely different rumors about him. but i hope we get him so i can hear more gossip bullshit and lies.
nobody even heard runors, they are just making assumptions based on nothing

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Nicker

Liked Posts:
The better question is, why would you even risk it? Especially if you're Ryan Pace who needs to hit on his first round draft pick. It's not like the bears are in a position of luxury where they can play the high risk/reward.

I have nothing against the kid. But unless he's head and shoulders above everyone on the board, I'd skip him. Maybe he falls to the second or third and becomes a great value. But I think you gotta hit with that 8th pick and he isn't head and shoulders above what will be available in that spot.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
We don't have the option of swings by and missing this year. Our team HAS to change the culture and we need to get someone that we know well contribute (minus injury of course). Unless there are additional concerns that arise there will be 3-4 players that fit this bill. It may end up being a OG (Nelson) or a CB/Safety but we have to go that route. Gase has swung for the fences but this year he needs to hit a double or triple.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Watch his tape from this year and ask why you would even want this guy at #8. The reason people say he is a headcase is because he seems to have all this talent... but he was a non factor this year. He sucked. Show me one game where he produced at a level that would make you want to pick him at #8.

I never said i wanted him at 8 for one and the reason people say he is a headcase is not only the talent cause it's been said on here more then once that he's had off field issues so maybe the people that are saying that should back that up with some kind of article or something about what these off field issues are. I'm curious of what these issues are and not just trying to call people out.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Here is an article that provides some insight.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/father-lsu-star-arden-key-opens-sons-off-season-lost/

Doesn't really tell you anything, just that he took time off because of 'personal issues.' I don't know if you can classify him as a headcase based on this, but doesn't exactly sound like he is passionate about the game which is concerning for a 1st rounder.

So this is the most information about his time away from the game and it's a combination of personal issues and Key being overwhelmed with the pressures of being a superstar on campus. Not to mention that he was also apparently dealing with an injury and he couldn't play.

Doesn't sound that much like a headcase to me.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So this is the most information about his time away from the game and it's a combination of personal issues and Key being overwhelmed with the pressures of being a superstar on campus. Not to mention that he was also apparently dealing with an injury and he couldn't play.

Doesn't sound like someone who has the mental stability of being a top 10 draft pick in the NFL, IMHO.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Key left the team in Feb. of 2017 for personal reasons. While he was gone he had shoulder surgery which cost him spring ball and summer camp. Due to the surgery he came back to the team out of condition and missed the first three games. Did not get back to 2016 form till Nov. where he had a great game against Alabama. He then missed the last two games of the season with a broken finger.

For the most part Key had a 2017 season to forget, but when he finally got healthy he played well. His game tape of 2016, and 2017 when healthy still will show that he is the best pure pass rusher in this draft. That being said Key's interviews at the combine will tell if he still is a top ten prospect.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
If the Bears trade down and pick up at least another 2nd round pick, then I wouldn't mind him in round 2.

Something like this:

1. Calvin Ridley
2. Mike McGlinchey
2. Arden Key