Are Blackhawks Fans Spoiled?

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/are-blackhawks-fans-spoiled

This has probably been brought up a few times, but it is worthy of mention since I am caught doing this as well. Blackhawks struggle and get 9 points in 10 games and everyone is upset, including myself, which isn't bad to call that "struggling". I find myself getting upset when we only get 1 point like tonight when it isn't easy to get 2 points consistently especially on the road.

You guys feel spoiled? I kinda do. Crowd noise is briefly mentioned in link as well.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think the best way to answer this question is by saying that we can pretty much write off the regular season, knowing that the Hawks talent will be enough to get them into the playoffs this year.

We're definitely spoiled.

But after the previous decade, you won't find me apologizing for it.

Liked Posts:
We had the 90's Bulls, now we have the Blackhawks. The fans of the Hawks are not spoiled..... the United Center has been graced with championship excellence. These guys will most likely end up with 4 or 5 total cups. Those will look REAL nice staring back at the Bulls banners. But damnit, having to root for the crap that has been put on the ice, and the greatest moments of our Blackhawks lives between the mid 90s to 2000s was wondering if fuckin Daze could actually play without getting concussed, he could have been something. Yea.... we are beyond spoiled

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'm not upset at the mid year struggle or such things.

But after I was upset and almost done following the team when they traded Kyle Calder. Yeah I actually about that big fish in a small awful pond.

So it's been a free ride of success, it's like being a spoiled I suppose.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
For loyal fans like myself that were at games 10 years ago when the team was shit, worse then the fucking columbus blue jackets!!!, no man I don't feel spoiled at all. This is the sweet payoff for watching those shitty teams and being a loyal fan for many years.

While I am super happy for the tremendous success they have had and the awesome talent on their roster, I do miss going to the UC and being able to buy a cheap nosebleed ticket. Back then it was $15 and I was a college student so it was half off. Stadium was usually only half full, unless Detroit was in town.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
For loyal fans like myself that were at games 10 years ago when the team was shit, worse then the fucking columbus blue jackets!!!, no man I don't feel spoiled at all. This is the sweet payoff for watching those shitty teams and being a loyal fan for many years.

While I am super happy for the tremendous success they have had and the awesome talent on their roster, I do miss going to the UC and being able to buy a cheap nosebleed ticket. Back then it was $15 and I was a college student so it was half off. Stadium was usually only half full, unless Detroit was in town.

Oh man we were all over those cheap seats, too. I think when they first started that program you could get 300 level seats for $8 with a student ID.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

But after I was upset and almost done following the team when they traded Kyle Calder. Yeah I actually about that big fish in a small awful pond.

Oh I was furious over the Kyle Calder trade.

A few years later, they momentarily re-acquired him at the deadline, only to turn around and ship him off to Detroit. That was heart-breaking.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

If you were a fan of the ABC line...you should properly be spoiled with a Sharp/Toews/Hossa line. It is only fair.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys make me feel bad about jumping on the bandwagon in 08 lol

Were you a hockey fan before then, just not of the Hawks? I feel like if the Hawks being good attracts more fans to hockey it's great. Don't see the point in dismissing "bandwagon" fans.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Were you a hockey fan before then, just not of the Hawks? I feel like if the Hawks being good attracts more fans to hockey it's great. Don't see the point in dismissing "bandwagon" fans.

I had never really watched hockey before then, heard about the Hawks, started watching some games, and started to really enjoy the sport.

Hawks being good certainly attracted me to the NHL in general so , yeah, that is great. I now will probably watch the NHL even if the Hawks decline.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You guys make me feel bad about jumping on the bandwagon in 08 lol

Don't feel bad you missed 7 years of complete ineptitude that was admists a decade and a half of dismantling a cup contender

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I had never really watched hockey before then, heard about the Hawks, started watching some games, and started to really enjoy the sport.

Hawks being good certainly attracted me to the NHL in general so , yeah, that is great. I now will probably watch the NHL even if the Hawks decline.

You picked a great time to start watching them. They play an incredibly entertaining style of hockey that is becoming more and more prevalent throughout the league. Pre-2005 hockey wasn't quite as fun.