Are Fox and Pace the right guys for this?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think Ginny & Co. will give Pace a chance at a QB before they jettison him & Fox.

The fact that there wasn't a QB drafted this year is scary though, maybe that is the front office playing nice for Jay's last year (at least let's fucking hope so).

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Miss me yet?

LovieSmithBucs.jpg

Yeah, he has shown he can be really successfully without Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, etc. Sign me up!

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Completely agree.

The game eventually passes every coach by and we are watching it with Fox. His connections around the league are suppose to be a big plus for him and he marches Loggains out there, who is going to be a John Schoop like punchline pretty soon.

Logging is here because he's proven deferential to Cutler in the past, which shows Jay"-Low's" politics continue to violence the ogress of this franchise and that Fox isn't close to being the a55-kicker he portents to be.

As for Fox himself, he is done. Any veteran coach putting a team like the 2016 Bears on the field should be ashamed of himself, and Fo likely is. But he isn't about to give up the paycheck.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Eagles rebuilt their team in 1 offseason. You could say they even lost talent on paper from last year, in a year which took them to week 6 to get the 3 wins they have now. Eagles now LEAD the league in Scoring on both sides of the ball... Good coaching changes everything. Bears don't have it.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I am still willing to give Pace more time.

Fox I am done with. This team looks like more of a clown show on the field than the Trestman years. I do not really care what happens in the locker room, if the on field product continues to be trash.

It's just the start of year 2 in a rebuild that had many left overs from the previous regime in year 1. I say go with a scorched earth mentality, burn everything to the ground, draft a QB and start with a new identity. If that includes a new coach then I'd be on board with the move.

As for Pace what has he done? I know there was a lot of talk about the good work he did in NO, but when I look at their draft/FA record it's pretty crappy. Now when I look at what he's done as the Bears GM there really isn't much to get excited about.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
The injuries are tough, especially on the defence - but Fox is too old school for me. We need an offensive mind, someone creative either as HC or OC but we currently have Mr Conservative as HC and a guy who is plainly out of his depth and unqualified as OC. The game has moved on and it feels like we are trying to move back to something in the past (which is surprising when our GM is so young). I don't think Pace has drafted as badly as it looks and we have some good (not great) young players - the thing is though, if you get rid of almost all your best offensive skill players (Forte, Marshall, Bennett) it's going to take you backwards. The plan was to go back to relying on the defence but we've leaned too heavily that way, so now the defence has been decimated by injuries we're left with absolutely nothing. This season looks a write off after 3 games and that's depressing, it really is.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its just hard to fathom the people involved are as incompetent as they are beginning to appear. its kinda unexpected that the moves are bad, the plan is bad, the schemes are bad, and the players aren't good enough.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It's just the start of year 2 in a rebuild that had many left overs from the previous regime in year 1. I say go with a scorched earth mentality, burn everything to the ground, draft a QB and start with a new identity. If that includes a new coach then I'd be on board with the move.

As for Pace what has he done? I know there was a lot of talk about the good work he did in NO, but when I look at their draft/FA record it's pretty crappy. Now when I look at what he's done as the Bears GM there really isn't much to get excited about.

Some odd choices. I expected Bullard to make an impact. I'm still trying to get my head around it, but it doesn't appear personnel or coaching are at an NFL level. Whitehair should be a fixture, but I have a hard time seeing many other bright spots. Obviously a bit early, but they don't seem to have any direction.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Its just hard to fathom the people involved are as incompetent as they are beginning to appear. its kinda unexpected that the moves are bad, the plan is bad, the schemes are bad, and the players aren't good enough.

But other than all of that, Things are going great!

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Eagles rebuilt their team in 1 offseason. You could say they even lost talent on paper from last year, in a year which took them to week 6 to get the 3 wins they have now. Eagles now LEAD the league in Scoring on both sides of the ball... Good coaching changes everything. Bears don't have it.

I'm excited you are talking up my Eagles, but lets pump the breaks a bit. They faced Cleveland, Chicago and now shocked a Pitt team that was playing a road game sandwiched between two divisional games. A couple thoughts how the move would look here:

1 - They hired the OC/QB Coach/Former QB of Andy Reid to be the HC - I don't know how many players turned coordinators for Lovie Smith, but pick one of those guys and it's essentially what the Eagles did. Really weird move that was criticized heavily.

2 - They still had a 4-3 defensive roster despite running a 3-4 for the past 3 seasons - It's rare for a team to actually have many of the pieces in place to seamlessly change systems.

3 - Jim Schwartz is a top tier defensive coordinator - Typically guys like that aren't available. You can say Fangio is that good, but I'd disagree. What were his defenses without extreme talent? When he was at his best he was asking Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, NaVarro Bowman, etc... to do their thing.

4 - The start Wentz has had is starting to defy logic. Rookies aren't supposed to do what he's doing let alone guys that came from Div 2.

5 - Howie Roseman is not a common GM - I think he's traded something like 4X as much as the second closest GM. This works great when looking to purge old contracts and move on. Can it fracture the identity and leave players unsure what move is coming next? Absolutely.

Anyway, right now everything is coming up great for the Eagles. That will end soon, so it's early to say the model they are using will give long term success or can be replicated easily.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At the end of the day, all that matters as it relates to this season is getting a top 3 pick, drafting a QB, and finding the right guy to mentor him.

I think after this year we will dump Cutler, demote Logains to a QB coach and then Fox will do what he does best and find a good coach for a young QB. They only kept Loggain IMO for a bit of continuity with Cutler but long term I think he was never the answer at OC.

I presume Pace and Fox already prepared Phillips and Co for this rebuild so I don't think any of their jobs are truly in jeopardy. I think most Bears fans are looking for some kind of quick rebuilds but quick rebuilds happen when you have some of the pieces in place or when you draft some guys that hit the ground running but frankly we don't have those guys yet.

Maybe Pace isn't the guy to get us that transformational talent but I think it will be important to see how the young guys look week 15. We will need the whole season to see how the young guys develop not 3 weeks.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm excited you are talking up my Eagles, but lets pump the breaks a bit. They faced Cleveland, Chicago and now shocked a Pitt team that was playing a road game sandwiched between two divisional games. A couple thoughts how the move would look here:

1 - They hired the OC/QB Coach/Former QB of Andy Reid to be the HC - I don't know how many players turned coordinators for Lovie Smith, but pick one of those guys and it's essentially what the Eagles did. Really weird move that was criticized heavily.

2 - They still had a 4-3 defensive roster despite running a 3-4 for the past 3 seasons - It's rare for a team to actually have many of the pieces in place to seamlessly change systems.

3 - Jim Schwartz is a top tier defensive coordinator - Typically guys like that aren't available. You can say Fangio is that good, but I'd disagree. What were his defenses without extreme talent? When he was at his best he was asking Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, NaVarro Bowman, etc... to do their thing.

4 - The start Wentz has had is starting to defy logic. Rookies aren't supposed to do what he's doing let alone guys that came from Div 2.

5 - Howie Roseman is not a common GM - I think he's traded something like 4X as much as the second closest GM. This works great when looking to purge old contracts and move on. Can it fracture the identity and leave players unsure what move is coming next? Absolutely.

Anyway, right now everything is coming up great for the Eagles. That will end soon, so it's early to say the model they are using will give long term success or can be replicated easily.

Enjoy it man. You're team killed it against 3 different teams going into the bye with not many big playmakers on offense or defense. Doug Pederson looks like a great offensive mind and you have Les Snead kicking himself and Fisher in the nuts so far. Sure you will regress once you get into divisional games, but so far it's looking fantastic.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
For me Pace not drafting a QB is unforgivable. Fox doesn't give a shit, this is just his last payday before retirement.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For me Pace not drafting a QB is unforgivable. Fox doesn't give a shit, this is just his last payday before retirement.

It sure is looking like it.

Hopefully Fox can take some of that money and buy a bra. Every time the camera is on him, all you can see are those horrible man-tits.

483892626.0.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe it is just me, but I blame coaching more than Pace.

This team looks totally lost and like they cannot execute the basics. I would assume a good coaching staff could at least have a team that is prepared to play and execut the scheme.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

This team looks totally lost and like they cannot execute the basics. I would assume a good coaching staff could at least have a team that is prepared to play and execut the scheme.

I agree that Fox has been terrible at preparation.
If you cannot prepare, there is zero hope of half time adjustments.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I suspect Pace didn't like the QBs this year as much as he liked the potential QBs that will be available next year. Well assuming he isn't just in over his head.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I suspect Pace didn't like the QBs this year as much as he liked the potential QBs that will be available next year. Well assuming he isn't just in over his head.

When he does finally pull the trigger on one, he had better strike gold or he is done for in chicago.

For his own security, he should have done it year one and maybe gotten himself a second bite at the apple... but putting it off leaves him in do or die territory. Especially with this season.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Exactly