Are the Bears just a loser organization?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
They have been a bottom rung team for most of their existence. Somehow they get by on this myth of being a great franchise just bc they were an original team and were good in the beginning of the league. Almost as dumb as the myth of "Bear Weather."

Remember, 7 out of 9 championships came before 1950

This is a team that had Sayers AND Butkus and never made the playoffs.

Another myth is that Halas was awesome and it's all the fault of the McCaskeys. Like the team, he started great and then was a terrible owner.

Since '92 they've only twice had 2 winning seasons in a row. Think about that one.

Even the 80's team in reality were horrible underachievers and it's head shaking that team only won one SB.

The McCaskeys used to be dumb and cheap. They haven't been cheap in decades but that's even sadder. They're so incompetent, this is the best they can honestly do.

The only thing the Bears are really good at is convincing people from analysts to fans that somehow they're this important cornerstone franchise with a rich winning history. They're not. They're a half step above the Jets and Browns.
You seem bitter

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Ha, not at all. That's just reality. I don't get upset over sports, it's entertainment. And if you like comedy, the Bears are great.
Every year I swear I’m going to cancel NFL Sunday ticket, asonly reason I get it is to see Bears games. This time I may go ahead & do it. I’m 68, seen plenty of Bears losing seasons going back to the Sayers & Butkus era. I’m becoming convinced the Bears won’t be winning any more championships in my lifetime. Bottom tier franchise for many of the reasons posted in this thread.

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The overall history of the Chicago Bears is quite good. Nine world championships.

The recent history of the Chicago Bears is not so good.

Last Super Bowl appearance: 13 years ago.

Last Super Bowl victory: 35 years ago.

Prospects moving forward: The Bears seem destined to be mired in mediocrity, despite having one of the best defenses in the National Football League.

This will be the case until the Bears get the quarterback situation right. That is not to say the Bears don't have other concerns - They do. Most obviously, an effective offensive line.

Getting a top-tier quarterback, however, covers up a myriad of deficiencies elsewhere, and elevates marginal players to average, and average players to above average. If you don't believe that, look northward.

Chicago had a shot at getting "the guy" four years ago when they had the second overall pick in the draft. In hindsight, that appears to have been a big swing-and-a-miss, of Dave Kingman proportions.

The Bears will not be drafting that high in 2021, nor will they be coming off of a Super Bowl victory. They will be a middle-of-the-pack team, in all likelihood.

That does not, however, preclude the Bears from getting a quality quarterback of the future - It just makes it harder. The other obstacle may be that Nagy and Pace are too far into their respective contracts to be interested in a rookie QB.

And so, here we are, again - The brain-trust that brought you Mike Glennon, Mitchell Trubisky and Nick Foles still in charge....Virginia still enjoying afternoon naps and reruns of the Golden Girls....

Not good.
I Always like that...9 World Championships!

Like that time they beat Venezuela 31 - 17....uhm, wait????

Okay 9 pre-Superbowl Championships, there, that sounds better.
Don't get me started on "World Series" Baseball Champions either!