Are the Bears the worst team in the NFL?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I dont think they are THE worst, but are in the tier of "a few unlucky injuries away" from potentially being the worst. Theres prob 8-10 teams in that tier though.
Yeah that's fair.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The offense was 24th in yards and 26th in points last year. They've lost their only legit receiver. Mooney is a #3 on most teams and a #2 at best in a mediocre offense. Struggling line, no receivers, unproven QB, and new offensive system with a coordinator who's never called plays before.

What in the world makes you think the offense will be average? They'll be a bottom 5 offense if not the absolute worst.
Spicey.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We definitely in the top ten worse teams in the league but I doubt the worse of the bunch. It’s prob going to be a race between panthers giants and falcons for the top spot.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is all battered syndrome logic. You are seeking out all the negatives instead of seeing what is actually there.

Eburflus is proven even when he didn't have a lot of talent. Quinn and Roquan are elite. All 5 starters in the secondary have pro bowl potential.
None of the other starters on D are glaring weaknesses. The rookies might go through some growing pains but I don't have any concerns about the defense this year being at least top 15 and I expect top 10.
Literally, no one thinks this with a realm of objectivity.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Objectively Seattle and Atlanta are worse because they have QB questions on top of bad rosters. The Texans had a good draft and are in somewhat of a better situation but they’re still the Texans.

While the Bears didn’t sign any big name guys, they addressed a lot of holes and created competition across the roster. Until we see them in preseason there are too many unknowns, but I tend to think they’re more likely to be competitively mediocre than a dumpster fire.

Nagy was such a detriment to player development. Once Fangio left you could see regression on both sides of the ball. There should be a lift with Eberflus based on coaching and accountability alone.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
You don't think? I think there's a good argument for it. No offense outside of the RBs, a lack of defensive players who fit the new system and general lack of talent. Where's the quality? They look horrible everywhere.

Yes. Potentially. For sure.

This is what happens when a new GM inherits the oldest team in the NFL, with little draft capital, gaping holes in the roster, dead cap space that is 4th worst in NFL history I wanna say. Pace/Nagy didn't even develop one stinking UDFA that will be a key contributor in the last 3 years. Couldn't even do that. Yea, they're forked.

The bright side is Pace actually had really good drafts the last two years and the schedule is favoable. So, I think they manage to not have the worst record in the NFL.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Objectively Seattle and Atlanta are worse because they have QB questions on top of bad rosters. The Texans had a good draft and are in somewhat of a better situation but they’re still the Texans.

While the Bears didn’t sign any big name guys, they addressed a lot of holes and created competition across the roster. Until we see them in preseason there are too many unknowns, but I tend to think they’re more likely to be competitively mediocre than a dumpster fire.

Nagy was such a detriment to player development. Once Fangio left you could see regression on both sides of the ball. There should be a lift with Eberflus based on coaching and accountability alone.

I'm really really really worried about the left side of the line. Right now it's an unproven 5th round pick at left tackle in Larry Borom. I like the guy, I do. But he has some flaws. The guard looks to be one of the 5th or 6th round picks.

If Poles is able to fix the line without investing much capital, then he would have pulled off a miracle and the Bears will be respectable. I just see that as not likely.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe... probably not

reason:

I think the Bears offense is actually going to improve next year. The scheme is going to be more friendly to Fields being able to make quick throws. I believe, despite the big names, they procured more speed at the WR position to facilitate the danger of an actual downfield game that will allow more freedom at the LOS for receivers to run quick hit routes. The oline didn't really change from last year. I do believe they got slightly better up the middle, but not by a lot. I think a quick hitting passing game will help.

The running game will probably not have suffered.

The defense will be slightly more in transition. I do know Eberflus greatly emphasizes take aways and helped improve the Indy D in that area. I expect less stupidity in the secondary and missed assignments.

That brings me to my last point. Do not underestimate the potential improvement in coaching. Nagy was an absolute fraud of a coach. He was brought in here to coach the offense and turn it around. He did neither. I think Getsy is actually in the business of coaching players and working to their strengths.

Also, there are a few really shit teams in the NFL right now.

Possible worst team candidates

Texans
Falcons
Seahawks
Giants
Jags
Panthers

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That list is a joke.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He can't go back to the bar. He got tossed out for asking the same stupid question he asked here!
@bearmick
Wtf are you talking about? Why would I post this in the bar? Unlike you I've never been banned from any part of CCS.