Are the Blackhawks vulnerable?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been calling to break Panarin and Kane for a while, and it's because they both posess the puck to take pressure off others, but they can't both possess at the same time. They have incredible chemistry because they both move well without the puck too. As does Toews.

Stacking TT with Shaw and Ladd I think was more about sparking a third line up, and seeing if we can overwhelm people this way.

I'm not looking at the stats, but I guarantee you declined possess numbers are largely due to young and changing defenseman all year, and some underwhelming lines with the injuries and lack of depth before trades.

The single most important thing is what we are capable of at our best. I also guarantee without looking at it the possession figure we put up against Philly was huge. We were on fire with show stopping passes. I've watched a lot of hockey this season around the league, even more recently, and I feel only Washington, Anaheim, Kings have enough pieces and chemistry to contend with us. Dallas makes me uneasy, we will have to see when and if they get healthy. The Sharks are dangerous enough to help take out some hard work for us, but if we played them I believe the style would play into our strengths.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We see this every year with this team. My first thought is that they get bored with the regular season at some point. That could be the case again but there are things happening that I'm not used to seeing. Maybe it's lack of practice time but the new players they brought in with the exception of Ladd look out of place. The kids looked better out there than the two Montreal guys...that tells me that they either don't know Q's system or are having trouble adapting to it. It wouldn't be the first time. But still, until the Blackhawks play a playoff game or two...we won't know the truth about this team.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
We see this every year with this team. My first thought is that they get bored with the regular season at some point. That could be the case again but there are things happening that I'm not used to seeing. Maybe it's lack of practice time but the new players they brought in with the exception of Ladd look out of place. The kids looked better out there than the two Montreal guys...that tells me that they either don't know Q's system or are having trouble adapting to it. It wouldn't be the first time. But still, until the Blackhawks play a playoff game or two...we won't know the truth about this team.

Agreed - except with Fleisch & Weiss, i really like those two.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will be fine. Tuned up for the playoffs.

L.A. could win it all again.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hahaha people still love throwing that in their faces, even a year later.

I just did in a tweet.
It's so easy to throw in the towel a la Sox style with some of these fans.
When they're out we can talk about what went wrong until we're bleeding from the eyes.

Unless they're hoisting a Cup again.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I just did in a tweet.
It's so easy to throw in the towel a la Sox style with some of these fans.
When they're out we can talk about what went wrong until we're bleeding from the eyes.

Unless they're hoisting a Cup again.

I really like that site but their rampant cynicism does get old at times. I certainly had my doubts about last year's team (and do again this year) but there's no point in ever declaring this team -- you're just more likely to look like a moron when they prove you wrong in June.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's laughable reading tweets like "This is a must-win game."
No, it's not. It would be nice to win for positioning, but this isn't end of the season 2011 where Dallas/Minny is dictating the Blackhawk's destiny.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's laughable reading tweets like "This is a must-win game."
No, it's not. It would be nice to win for positioning, but this isn't end of the season 2011 where Dallas/Minny is dictating the Blackhawk's destiny.

Well that wasn't even muss win game as Stalgod would of been even more ostracized for his blind pass to the middle in the ozone that lead to a detroit breakaway the other way.

But it beats when Rex Ryan once called a Jets game a must win game thinking it really was and after they lost that they were out of the playoffs... but turns out he was wrong and they did win the next couple games still making the playoffs.