Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crawford out.
Leighton called up.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hawks might be done--their last quality win was at home against Washington. I don't see them getting back to the SCF this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calling them "done" seems a tad hyperbolic, but there are some serious flaws on this team that are much different than the flaws of seasons past.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Done" means they're out and golfing.
They have a double-digit point lead on the last place WC team.

Yup.
Looks like they're done.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
A team that has a serious concern at the moment are the Pens with an underachieving Crosby and a hurt Malkin.
That team could be "done" soon.

It's a strange game.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look, you wanna hide your head in the sand and ignore what's going on with the team, go right ahead. But don't get all weepy when mature people wanna have an honest discussion about a team they love.

The Hawks aren't defending their zone and their penalty killing is dead last in the league. If they don't settle down and find some chemistry with the new players they added, it's going to be a short postseason. They won't get past the Stars, Ducks, Kings or Blues playing like they have been the past month.

The bolded is absolutely correct Capt. Obvious. If the Sox don't play better this year than last year it's going to be another shitty season for them.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Hawks continue to play bad, then they will be bad until they stop being bad.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
SportsNet in Canada just published a story entitled "What's wrong with the Chicago Blackhawks?"

While it does make some interesting points, I think one major flaw in the story is that it only talks about what the Hawks have done since February 6, which is around the time of year where they always start slumping.

Looking at rate stats, we can see the Blackhawks are dumping the puck out of their own zone more often, but they’re also less successful when doing it. The Hawks were never very good at dumping the puck out, with one of the worst success rates in the league, but they’re now significantly worse than the next-worst team. And they’re dumping the puck out more often now, too.

That shift in tactics, which is perhaps not on purpose, has led to the Hawks going from a team that boasted the lowest defensive turnover rate to one that’s in the botto 10 in the NHL. There are similar problems in the neutral zone as well.

Perhaps most frustrating for the Blackhawks is that even when they try to make good plays, they’re not successful as often. Like everything else, the Hawks were extraordinarily efficient when passing in the defensive zone earlier in the year; they had the highest pass success rate in the NHL, but are now down to 21st since early February.

Higher turnover rates, poor decision making, and a lack of success on their plays, has combined to see the Blackhawks struggle at even strength for the first time in years. Fortunately for them, they can still out-talent opponents on most nights, but relying on that to get through four rounds in the playoffs is not ideal.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Look, you wanna hide your head in the sand and ignore what's going on with the team, go right ahead. But don't get all weepy when mature people wanna have an honest discussion about a team they love.

The Hawks aren't defending their zone and their penalty killing is dead last in the league. If they don't settle down and find some chemistry with the new players they added, it's going to be a short postseason. They won't get past the Stars, Ducks, Kings or Blues playing like they have been the past month.

See now this is actual content worthy of discussion.... I have no problem with this.

I am critical of the team myself.

Just think you never see me in the Sox forum, imagine if the Sox were having a good year heading for the post season and hit a slump and I showed up to be like "Man Sox aint gonna do much in the playoffs".... you would be like "Da fuq is this doucher coming in here debbie-downering my forum?"

I agree with all of your points btw... PK is shit and their forward lines need to find some chemistry and start scoring consistently.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
See now this is actual content worthy of discussion.... I have no problem with this.

I am critical of the team myself.

Just think you never see me in the Sox forum, imagine if the Sox were having a good year heading for the post season and hit a slump and I showed up to be like "Man Sox aint gonna do much in the playoffs".... you would be like "Da fuq is this doucher coming in here debbie-downering my forum?"

I agree with all of your points btw... PK is shit and their forward lines need to find some chemistry and start scoring consistently.

Good post, and I get it.

With the exception of soccer fans, hockey fans are the most provincial/territorial fans in all of sports. No one likes negativity associated with their team. But to borrow a portion of your quote, Da fuq that got ta do with the Sox tho? This is a hockey forum, is it not? I'm here talking hockey, in a thread about the team possibly being vulnerable.

I don't feel the need to defend my presence here. There's usually not much to talk about when the Hawks are absolutely mashing everyone. I can handle losing; it's how they're losing lately that has me worried. Frankly, It should worry anyone who is a Hawks fan, and has some reasonable understanding of the game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, the Hawks I watched last night were electric. As good of a forward squad as I've seen once Kruges is back. It comes down to Crow being able to turn it on again. And because what he does is basically professionalism and work at improving little skills over time, I think he just is what he is pretty consistently when he wants it.

The defense is a concern because Gus disappeared, but I would like to see Rozy paired up with a big 3, and TVR Erhoff together.

We are going to score a lot of goals based on what we witnessed last night. This team can put combinations of players on the ice that might be the greatest of all time in terms of skill.

The PP unit is amazing and deep, they cycle Ladd and TT off the bench into it, it's nasty.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good post, and I get it.

With the exception of soccer fans, hockey fans are the most provincial/territorial fans in all of sports. No one likes negativity associated with their team. But to borrow a portion of your quote, Da fuq that got ta do with the Sox tho? This is a hockey forum, is it not? I'm here talking hockey, in a thread about the team possibly being vulnerable.

I don't feel the need to defend my presence here. There's usually not much to talk about when the Hawks are absolutely mashing everyone. I can handle losing; it's how they're losing lately that has me worried. Frankly, It should worry anyone who is a Hawks fan, and has some reasonable understanding of the game.

I have no issue with you talking hockey breh, your first post I've ever seen in this forum just came off very Capt Serious lol.

Like pop in, say "Dis team gonna sux" and leave.

You have overcome that perception in my mind with your 2nd post.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, the Hawks I watched last night were electric. As good of a forward squad as I've seen once Kruges is back. It comes down to Crow being able to turn it on again. And because what he does is basically professionalism and work at improving little skills over time, I think he just is what he is pretty consistently when he wants it.

The defense is a concern because Gus disappeared, but I would like to see Rozy paired up with a big 3, and TVR Erhoff together.

We are going to score a lot of goals based on what we witnessed last night. This team can put combinations of players on the ice that might be the greatest of all time in terms of skill.

The PP unit is amazing and deep, they cycle Ladd and TT off the bench into it, it's nasty.

GOATest of all time.... for sure.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Forward group? Maybe.

Defense? No way in hell.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Absolutely vulnerable, no denying it.

They have been sleepwalking on ice lately, the 3rd D pairing is a bit of a shit-show, and even #4 and #7 have been playing sub-par D recently.

That said, no team wants to face them in a best of 7. Come playoff time, #19 will ensure they ratchet up the intensity as necessary. Fear not!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is your asshole vulnerable to my cock?

I mean the Blsckhawks the ones everyone know gonna carry a big stick when it comes time to take off each other's pants.
They wear the pants, they do the fucking.

I gauge a teams talent by what it would mean to a team to beat us in the regular season. Much less the celebration we would expect to see in even a first round playoff exit. Teams want to beat us because it means something. They are all desperate to get a little confidence boost or reassurance and we face everyone's best games while many teams meet foes coasting through. We have faced it for 3 years. Which makes me believe we are a unique team formed tough enough to do that and not fade away eventually, it's business as normal. We have faced best shots 180 consecutive games, maybe 360ish, because of the reputation of Towws/Kane even in 2012 when we weren't defending.

It's probably the reason, along with big trades for multiple changing pieces that leads to a March slide, plus it's a good month to rest your goaltender frequently.

I think we are better than fine. We got swept by the top 3 in west besides Anaheim and us, plus Philly.

We have three new additions, Kruger and Hossa missed most of it. And TT is breaking in at center.

I thought we were phenomenal last night, and with the offensive fit we have seen in Eerhoff, fuck yeah guys. Calm down. It doesn't have to be rough.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.nhl.com/stats/enhanced
Their possession numbers keep going down. I believe it was at 50.7% before their 4 game slide.
If you go back to their cup seasons, they were top 5 in two of those runs, one of which they were top 3.

The D are getting overworked, and I don't think they can ride 4 Dmen this season and come out on top. It's going to break 2 and 4.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I saw another article detailing the Hawks plummeting possession numbers since February 6.

Asked the author via Twitter what the Hawks numbers were like prior to February 6, since they always seem to slump around this time.

He said the team was among the league's elite, although not as high as in season's past.

So there's that.