Are You Ready For Some 'Beisbol';) 2023 Edition?

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Yes I'm ready. How about you? I think Cubs may surprise us. Will they go to World Series? No.
But I think it will be entertaining .

Go Cubbies..

Castor76

Liked Posts:
I'm getting 2015 vibes from this team. They weren't supposed to be as good as they were then. I'm not saying they'll be a 97 win team this year. I personally think best case scenario for them is be 55-45 at the 100 game mark, Belli and Happ are having great seasons, Hosmer is solid, the guys in the minors are all doing great and the Cubs have pieces to sell off come the trade deadline to put even more in the farm while getting ready to make a massive signing or two in the offseason. I know those are a lot of "What If's", but the Mets, Dodgers, and Padres have some of their own and they'll have their own issues with either payroll and or SP spots to fill for 2024.

May the Cubs just look competitive in 2023.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I'm getting 2015 vibes from this team. They weren't supposed to be as good as they were then. I'm not saying they'll be a 97 win team this year. I personally think best case scenario for them is be 55-45 at the 100 game mark, Belli and Happ are having great seasons, Hosmer is solid, the guys in the minors are all doing great and the Cubs have pieces to sell off come the trade deadline to put even more in the farm while getting ready to make a massive signing or two in the offseason. I know those are a lot of "What If's", but the Mets, Dodgers, and Padres have some of their own and they'll have their own issues with either payroll and or SP spots to fill for 2024.

May the Cubs just look competitive in 2023.
Agree with everything. But they aren't selling anything if they are 55-45, they are buying.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Agree with everything. But they aren't selling anything if they are 55-45, they are buying.
Ehhh if they do buy in that scenario, it won’t be any blockbuster trade

It’ll be a bullpen arm for a minor leaguer we don’t care about

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Ehhh if they do buy in that scenario, it won’t be any blockbuster trade

It’ll be a bullpen arm for a minor leaguer we don’t care about
It depends on what teams are out of it.

Let's say the Brewers struggle, trading for Burnes makes senses. If Ohtani hits the market he also makes sense to trade for him and be the only team being able to extend him. Guys that are half a season rentals would be pretty cheap.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It depends on what teams are out of it.

Let's say the Brewers struggle, trading for Burnes makes senses. If Ohtani hits the market he also makes sense to trade for him and be the only team being able to extend him. Guys that are half a season rentals would be pretty cheap.
I’m all for trading and extending Ohtani, but there’s a ton of variables there. And he’s about the only guy I’d be willing to part with legit prospects over at the stage the cubs are in

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not missing this headache one bit

Last edited by a moderator:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You never know when a player will hit his ceiling.... apparently Baez hit his when he was here.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really loving this year's changes, especially getting rid of the shift. A lineup like the Cubs' can compete now.