Area-Wide Boycott of Cubs games at Wrigley in 2014

wtf_bears

Liked Posts:
There's no doubt a lot of money comes from tv and radio. But you can't tell me that if the attendance goes from 3 mil down to 1.5 at $40+ A ticket that they won't feel it. Don't you also think it would have an effect on the tv and radio contracts?

They'll notice it, but it won't kill them. If attendance goes down to 1.5MM like you're saying - which hasn't happened since '83 - they'll change the ticket prices before they spend more money on the team. There's a statistical science to hitting the sweet spot with ticket prices and attendance to maximize profits. They know what the market is and are experts on manipulating the pricing.

But really my point is this: Does anyone remember the issues Ricketts had getting the financing through for the team? I don't know for sure, but it did seem like the family had some issues getting the deal done. Might boycotting the games backfire and make them less likely to spend on the team??

wtf_bears

Liked Posts:
These boycotts never work. Especially when you have the fan base that'll take a bus from Iowa.

I agree. Attendance will dip a bit when we suck. But that's apathy with the team. The fans are not legitly sending a message.