Arlington Heights bluff called and they are folding.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok, the McCaskeys suck as business people, and other owners are better. What’s your point?

That downtown Chicago makes more sense for them. Less costly, less risky and more in line with Warren's expertise in building a stadium.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
That downtown Chicago makes more sense for them. Less costly, less risky and more in line with Warren's expertise in building a stadium.
Meh, we’ll see. If the point is that bad business people will make the worse business move, I guess I could see that. You’ve convinced me.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
People forget the sports betting revenue. Bears want a cut of that. It’s better to own a stadium in AH if the Bears can’t get the Sports betting share inChicago.

In AH the Bears can build surrounding area with Hotels, restaurants, and attractions. Like in Lakeview with the Cubs.

Wrigley field gets a lot concerts and during winter, had a winter attraction.

The Bears can get conventions, Final Fours, College Football games, WWE, Concerts with dome stadium.

Soldier field had concerts there like Taylor Swift for 3 days. How about the Fire? 8 times a years is bullshit.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People forget the sports betting revenue. Bears want a cut of that. It’s better to own a stadium in AH if the Bears can’t get the Sports betting share inChicago.

In AH the Bears can build surrounding area with Hotels, restaurants, and attractions. Like in Lakeview with the Cubs.

Wrigley field gets a lot concerts and during winter, had a winter attraction.

The Bears can get conventions, Final Fours, College Football games, WWE, Concerts with dome stadium.

Soldier field had concerts there like Taylor Swift for 3 days. How about the Fire? 8 times a years is bullshit.
The data show that other than NBA/NHL arenas, most sports venues are rarely used outside of regular-season games. In fact, in an average year the typical NFL, MLB, or MLS facility plays host to fewer than five major entertainment or sporting events other than regular season games played by the primary tenant. Outside of “mega-acts” like Taylor Swift or Bruce Springsteen, NFL stadiums are simply too large for most concert acts. Baseball stadiums are poorly designed for viewing anything but baseball. And MLS stadiums are a poor choice for most non-soccer events given the availability of similarly-sized indoor venues in most cities. So, outside of large indoor arenas, taxpayers should expect their sport-facility investments to sit empty most of the year.

Funny you mention Swift as she is literally the example given as to why NFL stadiums don't work. You need a mega act like her that can fill up an NFL stadium. Most other acts simply cannot draw enough to justify spending money on such a huge venue.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Don't get me wrong. I have my bet, but at the end of the day, anyone here could be right or wrong on how it all turns out. I just don't buy that it's definitely now the city just because Warren said he wants shovels in the ground on the lakefront.

In literally the same soundbyte, he says, "We are continuing to communicate with Arlington Heights." Yet people are making it seem like the AH deal is dead.

Let's remember that the lakefront site doesn't yet have renderings, bids, a Community Benefits Agreement, a Memorandum of Understanding between the Park District, the City & the Bears on exactly how the business relationship and money will work between the three, et cetera, et cetera.

Any one of those things could throw a huge snag in the situation. Would anyone be surprised at the Park District cementing their feet on something untenable for the Bears that causes the Bears to say, "Fuck this, we're out."?

This is going to swap back and forth between Arlington Heights & the Lakefront at least a half dozen more times before it's said and done, which is honestly the correct way for Warren to play this.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I dont think anyone is saying it is the Lakefront because of the shovels in the ground comment. I am saying the Lakefront for the reasons already articulated.

And yes if the city of Chicago shits the bed AH remains an option. I just think they are the 2nd option not the first.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I dont think anyone is saying it is the Lakefront because of the shovels in the ground comment. I am saying the Lakefront for the reasons already articulated.

And yes of the city of Chicago shits the bed AH remains an option. I just think they are the 2nd option not the first.

You could absolutely end up being correct, and you're not wrong about stadiums as a money-generator being highly specious. But that "shovels in the ground" comment is literally what Dan Wiederer (Tribune), CHGO, ESPN Chicago, and others are using as proof that the Bears are staying in Chicago. Very superficial reasoning. I could just as easily say that since the AH plan is the only one with renderings, it's proof the Bears are leaving. Neither is true, at least not yet.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh I thought you meant me relying on shovels in the ground. I think Dan and company arent really basing it solely on that comment but moreso just saying they believe Warren is being sincere when he says it. Time will tell I guess.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't care where. Just get it rolling already and try to get in by 2027.