ARob for Orlando Brown Jr?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If the Ravens traded Brown they would do so for draft picks, not a player on a one year, franchise tag deal.
Depends. They might want to win now while Lamar Jackson is at least cheap and they have the flexibility to add a contract. I doubt they would just let Allen Robinson II play on the tag.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Much like the Bears with left tackle, if the Ravens were intent on making a big move at wide receiver it probably would have happened already. Seemed like a natural fit to me too but its not going to happen for whatever reasons.

buttscoot

Liked Posts:
Dalton isn't the long term solution. We need o-line to protect whoever our next rookie QB is. Might come in this draft or next. Either way we need to protect him more than Cincinnati protected Burrow.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Much like the Bears with left tackle, if the Ravens were intent on making a big move at wide receiver it probably would have happened already. Seemed like a natural fit to me too but its not going to happen for whatever reasons.
Sammy Watkins signed with the Ravens for one year $5M plus $1M in incentives.

I doubt they are looking for another Vet WR this year, they will likely look towards the draft.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Depends. They might want to win now while Lamar Jackson is at least cheap and they have the flexibility to add a contract. I doubt they would just let Allen Robinson II play on the tag.
Why can't they win with what they have?

Some of the people here are creating this sense of urgency with the Ravens that realistically isn't there. They have cap space built into their future, so will be able to afford Jackson and still field a talented team as long as they don't do something stupid like overpay for a one year guy.

Like I mentioned, the Ravens would probably trade Brown for picks. Those future assets would help them be consistent in how they have managed their cap in the past.

I get you want to get something for ARob before he leaves as a FA in 2021 and think Brown would be a great future OL addition, but the Ravens aren't some dumb team that panics. They build themselves in a slow, methodical way and trading for a WR doesn't fit what they do.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:

Some of the people here are creating this sense of urgency with the Ravens that realistically isn't there. They have cap space built into their future, so will be able to afford Jackson and still field a talented team as long as they don't do something stupid like overpay for a one year guy.

Like I mentioned, the Ravens would probably trade Brown for picks. Those future assets would help them be consistent in how they have managed their cap in the past.

I get you want to get something for ARob before he leaves as a FA in 2021 and think Brown would be a great future OL addition, but the Ravens aren't some dumb team that panics. They build themselves in a slow, methodical way and trading for a WR doesn't fit what they do.
They may not be a team that panics but they also can be a team that wastes a chance at a title. Watkins is not Robinson. If Baltimore does not improve their passing game they will not beat Buffalo or KC in the playoffs. They would not trade for Robinson without a new long term contract agreed upon with him.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They have a quarterback issue. People really do not like hearing it but it is true, Lamar Jackson in big games against quality opponents wilts. He's not a good passer, I don't give a rats ass what the statistics say. And now they are going to make him the highest paid quarterback in NFL history (or damn near it), that or face the wrath of a fanbase that will not tolerate letting him walk.

So if I were the Ravens I would desperately be trying to win now because unless Lamar Jackson suddenly gets a lot better (which is a distinct possibility) the Ravens will find themselves committing about a quarter of their cap to one player. Alone that makes winning a Super Bowl nearly impossible, paired with the fact that one player isn't worth even half that figure its basically a death sentence.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

Agreed, the Ravens have lived and died by how they draft, and to be honest they have never been much of a "big splash" kind of team. They prefer to get "value" free agents to fill in gaps.

This year other than their own guys, they have signed guard Kevin Zeitler , traded a 2022 pick for TE Josh Oliver, and signed Watkins.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
They have a quarterback issue. People really do not like hearing it but it is true, Lamar Jackson in big games against quality opponents wilts. He's not a good passer, I don't give a rats ass what the statistics say. And now they are going to make him the highest paid quarterback in NFL history (or damn near it), that or face the wrath of a fanbase that will not tolerate letting him walk.

So if I were the Ravens I would desperately be trying to win now because unless Lamar Jackson suddenly gets a lot better (which is a distinct possibility) the Ravens will find themselves committing about a quarter of their cap to one player. Alone that makes winning a Super Bowl nearly impossible, paired with the fact that one player isn't worth even half that figure its basically a death sentence.
So, as a Bears fan you are saying the Ravens have a QB issue and therefore need ARob to get the most out of the QB position...

Hello pot, meet kettle.....

Are you ignoring that Nagy and Pace are in a lame duck year and have the same pressure X10?

By your own logic, why would the Bears trade ARob? Don't they NEED him more to make their QB adequate?

Also the line of "if I were the Ravens I would desperately..." makes no sense. You aren't them and they aren't desperate. They have won at least 10 games the past 3 seasons. They have a plan which has worked in the past and are sticking too it. I know the Bears have a completely different level of urgency, but again, let's not apply that urgency over to another team without property qualifying that statement.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've been pounding the table for this exact trade for about two months now. Fair to say if it were gonna happen, it would have happened already. Truth is Allen Robinson II is not quite worth Orlando Brown Jr., and the Bears already place zero importance on the left tackle position so I doubt they are interested in dealing Robinson II plus a draft pick or two. Its their own funeral, their prized Andy Dalton is going to get decapitated in the first couple weeks of the season.

It is no mystery what happens to NFL teams with bad offensive tackles. They lose. And it doesn't matter who the quarterback is, please refer to the Super Bowl footage of Pat Mahomes looking like Mitchell Trubisky.
On another forum?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So, as a Bears fan you are saying the Ravens have a QB issue and therefore need ARob to get the most out of the QB position...

Are you ignoring that Nagy and Pace are in a lame duck year and have the same pressure X10?

By your own logic, why would the Bears trade ARob? Don't they NEED him more to make their QB adequate?

Also the line of "if I were the Ravens I would desperately..." makes no sense. You aren't them and they aren't desperate. They have won at least 10 games the past 3 seasons. They have a plan which has worked in the past and are sticking too it. I know the Bears have a completely different level of urgency, but again, let's not apply that urgency over to another team without property qualifying that statement.
At present, there is zero evidence to suggest that Nagy and Pace are lame ducks.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

I don't understand what me being a Bears fan has to do with anything.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
That team is run first AND don't forget Lamar Jackson set passing efficiency records with passing to almost the same group of receivers (TEs and WRs).

They have been rumored to be interested in a few WRs this offseason, but as soon as the price got high they were out. That what makes me think the $18M/1 year deal for ARob is a deal breaker.

To me, the whole 'tag and trade' logic around ARob makes no sense for the following reasons:
  1. Salary cap went down, so teams just have less $
  2. The FA pool for the position was deep and there are still some decent players available who are looking for cheap, one year prove it deals (Golden Tate, Antonio Brown, Tim Patrick)
  3. The draft is also deep at the position.
All of this talk is because some Bears fans are hoping they can get something for nothing and think the Ravens are a lot more desperate than they really are.
I’m not hoping the Bears get something for nothing, and I’m not implying the Ravens are desperate. Brown has been very vocal about wanting to play LT. They just signed Stanley. Absent the tag, Brown will walk next year. I’m not saying they are desperate-on the contrary-I am saying they are smart. They won’t want to let a T walk for nothing before trying to get back something for him. Similar to the ARob situation and the Bears.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
If the Ravens traded Brown they would do so for draft picks, not a player on a one year, franchise tag deal.
Obviously this only works with BAL and ARob agreeing to a long term deal.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m not hoping the Bears get something for nothing, and I’m not implying the Ravens are desperate. Brown has been very vocal about wanting to play LT. They just signed Stanley. Absent the tag, Brown will walk next year. I’m not saying they are desperate-on the contrary-I am saying they are smart. They won’t want to let a T walk for nothing before trying to get back something for him. Similar to the ARob situation and the Bears.

Baltimore lets players walk all the time which is why they have the most comp picks in league history.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like a good trade to me, at least on paper. You have to give value to get value and it's a long shot that ARob's next contract will be with the Bears anyway.

This team is in rebuilding mode whether Pace wants to admit it or not. Assuming a franchise QB doesn't fall out of the sky, a solid LT is the best place to start rebuilding.