1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. I do not want to re watch. The kid deserved that td dime!

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
Arob is not elite. An elite WR would catch that pass with one hands while back flipping into the end zone. Not mad for him trying to get paid. But I think the Bears can do better. Look for us to draft a WR next draft along with a CB with the pick we will receive losing some of our players next offseason.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I know, I get it. But when I heard the Raiders tried trading for him this off-season I got excited. We know Fields is the future and we're not winning shit this year. In fact, Mack has helped us win 0 playoff games. If the Bears could get rid of his contract and pick up a 1st round pick in return I'd be excited. The Bears have to build the offense around him and the $ saved from Mack and a 1st round pick would certainly help that.

For the record, I have no idea what Gruden offered Pace. Could have been a conditional pick for all we know.
They wont get a 1st for him with that contract and age.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He might have to test the market and some team will probably overpay for him.

Sad that Bears SHOULD be able to afford him, but JUST CAN NOT STOP OVER-PAYING certain old vets!!! Every year, they sign 1 or 2 albatross contracts to bring in or keep an aging vet. Not that Cohen is aging, but Pace still overpaid for him big time!! Save that money for the MAJOR contributors, not a gadget RB2/3.

Can't hate on the Mack or even Eddie Jackson contract. MUST HATE on Nagy's shitty management of Jackson & not getting him in line tho. But I digress...Bears should be able to pay ARob his actual value, but seemed to have missed their chance. Now his agent is Tweeting "16 more weeks" last week in response to a "3 words to describe this season" tweet. Not good.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I wish I could remember who's who.
Seems I was saying he was good but not great for a while and every time I mentioned it I got jumped on. How many of those same people saying he was elite then are now saying he's not?

I did FF his rookie year and had him. I know he's good, but he's not the guy you have as the sole guy for your guy at QB like he was sold to us as for Trubisky or continued to be sold to us for Fields.
He should be our other guy at WR not the guy.

The way the NFL has been going I think we had the right idea with Jefferieses. Get that WR in the draft. Use them until they're heading downhill or otherwise unwilling to produce for the Bears and trade them.
Seems to be a lot of those guy's at WR aren't staying that guy for long.

Knowing the Bears their view on that guy at WR is more about the cost to keep them after their rookie contract but they don't seem to be lasting much longer than that.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
They wont get a 1st for him with that contract and age.
what_i_expected_arrested_development.gif

GODDAMNIT!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wish I could remember who's who.
Seems I was saying he was good but not great for a while and every time I mentioned it I got jumped on. How many of those same people saying he was elite then are now saying he's not?

I did FF his rookie year and had him. I know he's good, but he's not the guy you have as the sole guy for your guy at QB like he was sold to us as for Trubisky or continued to be sold to us for Fields.
He should be our other guy at WR not the guy.

The way the NFL has been going I think we had the right idea with Jefferieses. Get that WR in the draft. Use them until they're heading downhill or otherwise unwilling to produce for the Bears and trade them.
Seems to be a lot of those guy's at WR aren't staying that guy for long.

Knowing the Bears their view on that guy at WR is more about the cost to keep them after their rookie contract but they don't seem to be lasting much longer than that.
Guy who championed Mitch Trubisky in year 4 is coming to #CALLEDIT but doesn't have any receipts.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
It’s his last year here so who cares what his stats are as long as he helps Fields develop. Don’t re-sign a WR at 28 to a long term deal.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I was very disappointed he let down a rookie Justin Fields like that. I am sure "Arob" was disappointed in himself as well.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was very disappointed he let down a rookie Justin Fields like that. I am sure "Arob" was disappointed in himself as well.

Everyone was disapponted, and it doesn't matter who the QB is. He has dropped several balls and landed out of bounds by inches many times here with Chicago. He is a #1 receiver but not top tier receiver like many here thought. It has taken a love affair with Fields for some to realize this.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
ARob is a good #1, great #2....but not a top tier WR. He's just not. The number of boneheaded plays or sheer drops immediately take him out of consideration of the elite.
I don't know if he's elite or not but look at the # of drops and or 50-50 balls over the last several years and I think he is the best or near the best, just saying.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Let's not forget when he ran out of bounds one yard short of the 1st down in last December's loss to Detroit. He's a good player but not elite.

This isn't an argument for him not being elite. This is an argument for him not being perfect. Robinson is definitely elite. Everyone in this thread needs to stop with the "he dropped this", "he didn't do that" stuff. It's not about whether he's elite. It 's about whether he's going to be elite going forward. Elite WRs have a short shelf life. A year and a half ago, Michael Thomas was elite. The Browns traded for elite WR Odell Beckham like 2 years ago. Julio Jones and Adam Thielen went from top 10 WRs to clear #2s on their teams.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
All the hype about him getting a real QB, and he doesn't catch 2 TD's. You've got to help out the rookie, if you want to get paid.