Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trade Noah for #5 pick then trade #5 pick for a SF, then trade Deng for a C... Awful!

Who the heck ever said this?

The proposed trades were Noah and the 29th pick for Tyreke and the #5 or Deng, the 29th, Asik for Tyreke, Terrence Williams, and the #5.

In the first case you could use the pick on a guy like Andre Drummond who has the potential to be a heck of a lot better than Noah or you could possibly package the pick with someone else to get an established C.

In the second case you could use the #5 pick on a guy like MKG or again trade it for a good SF to replace Deng. You can then replace Asik with another backup big man. You could also pick up Drummond or another big man in the draft and sign/trade for a lower tier SF like Ariza.

In either case, you're improving the team. Why? You're adding a top 5 pick and a really good player in Evans. Evans can more than adequately fill in for Rose while he's out and over time he greatly lessens the weight on Rose's shoulders because he's a shot creator. Furthermore, he's just a better player than Deng and Noah.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Bobcats Could Trade Second Pick For James Harden!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah. That's why I put a :D next to it. This trade sounds really good but still Idk if this is the answer to our problems.

You mean the problem of needing another scorer/shot creator? Nah...this doesn't address it at all. :smug:

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Imo our biggest problem is the poor and not consistent scoring by our big guys. We need someone better in the PF or C position. The second biggest problem is that our starting SG is 35 years old and injury prone.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I thought our biggest problem is having our superstar never return to elite form again, or stay healthy.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have a gut feeling Pacers assistant Shaw will become bobcats head coach.

sloan has withdrawn his name from consideration

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imo our biggest problem is the poor and not consistent scoring by our big guys. We need someone better in the PF or C position. The second biggest problem is that our starting SG is 35 years old and injury prone.

Well then this trade solves the 2nd problem. :elephant:

I agree that our post scoring isn't great, but you don't need to have dominant scoring there if you have enough backcourt talent. OKC made it to the finals riding their backcourt (granted theirs is ridiculously better than ours) and they don't really have consistent big man scoring either. Perkins and Ibaka probably combine for like maybe 18-24 points a night. That's about as much as we get from Boozer/Noah.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
I thought our biggest problem is having our superstar never return to elite form again, or stay healthy.

An other great reason to look for a superstar. I don't believe it will happen but there is a possibility. Nobody can guarantee he will return to elite form.

thechosenone

Liked Posts:
Well then this trade solves the 2nd problem. :elephant:

I agree that our post scoring isn't great, but you don't need to have dominant scoring there if you have enough backcourt talent. OKC made it to the finals riding their backcourt (granted theirs is ridiculously better than ours) and they don't really have consistent big man scoring either. Perkins and Ibaka probably combine for like maybe 18-24 points a night. That's about as much as we get from Boozer/Noah.

Yeah but they have Durant. And still it isn't sure that they will win it all. Their lack of post scoring and passing game may cost them. We are a completely different team. Any attempt to try matching their talents or the Heat talents would be a disaster. We don't have Lebron or Durant. So the only way to beat them is to become extremely good in the fields they suck. We have great defense, we are great at rebounding, we are a great passing team, we have a great point guard. We just need a great big man who can kill them both where they are not good enough. A guy like Howard with a great point guard in his team can score 40 points and grab 25 rebounds every night against them. We must not let this opportunity pass. We must offer the magic everything they want and seal the deal. And in case Rose isn't the same again we will have a great player to build around him.

And yes 2nd problem is solved by this move but it creates other problems if we lose Noah.

Last edited:

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I'm more in favor of doing the Deng/Asik for Tyreke/Williams trade anyway.

If you can get Howard, you get him. I don't even care how much we would give up. Anyone and everyone not named Rose. Howard & Rose would be a match made in heaven. It's plain idiotic that Howard does not realize this. You pair those 2 together & put shooters around them & it's over for the rest of the league. Sadly it will probably never happen.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

1329179424_mj-laughing1.gif

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you can get Howard, you get him. I don't even care how much we would give up. Anyone and everyone not named Rose. Howard & Rose would be a match made in heaven. It's plain idiotic that Howard does not realize this. You pair those 2 together & put shooters around them & it's over for the rest of the league. Sadly it will probably never happen.

I'm not sure how that was relevant to my post because I said that meaning I'd do a Deng for Evans trade over a Noah for Evans trade. I'd do that Howard trade over anything too, but the reality of the situation makes it such that it's pretty much not going to happen.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Ohio State Buckeyes big man Jared Sullinger has been medically red flagged by NBA doctors, multiple league sources told ESPN.com on Monday.

Sullinger, who is projected to be a lottery pick in the 2012 NBA draft, underwent a series of medical tests at the NBA draft combine a week ago. According to sources, the doctors who looked at Sullinger were concerned with Sullinger's back.

A number of NBA team doctors have reviewed the information from the NBA and have told their front office staff that Sullinger's back issues could shorten his NBA career and some have advised their teams not to draft him in the first round.

"He had a bulging area that was due to his hamstring and quads being so tight," Satch Sullinger told ESPN.com senior college basketball writer Andy Katz in a phone call Monday afternoon. "It pulled on his hip flexor and he's been taking care of it to loosen it. You can call it a red flag if you want. But it's tight hamstring and tight quads. He's been to doctors, he's doing yoga and deep tissue massage. The flexibility is helping take the pressure off the area.

that sucks for him.....wonder how far he'll drop

boozer replacement? :smug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
that sucks for him.....wonder how far he'll drop

boozer replacement? :smug:

:thinking:

He could end up dropping like Dajuan Blair did sorta and could be a really good pick for a playoff team. Maybe we could get him? Probably wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.