Around The NBA(Playoffs) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Again! Dude is just bangin it. So powerful.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nene......thats all there is to say lol

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Refs are startin to get that home cooking going.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And then Danilo turns it over

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Im watching Westbrook and every time i watch him play i think the kid is nice but the same as Rose or better? No.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow that was goaltending

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im watching Westbrook and every time i watch him play i think the kid is nice but the same as Rose or better? No.

Oh I agree. I think there are some definite similarities between the two. Whether that would be both of there games in general or how they train together every summer. But whose better....definitely without a doubt Rose. I give a lot of credit to the Thunder players and Scott Brooks for getting the players they have and so far developing them very well.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That is not the shot i would want to take in that situation. If Martin was 2-3 feet closer then yeah

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Credit to Westbrook for making that basket but he got the shooters bounce on that one.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Looks like thatll do it, Thunder should win. Man what a great bunch of games to start the playoffs. Every single one competitive. Cant wait for the Bulls tomorrow!

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah every game has been close. Hopefully the rest of them are good as well.....except hopefully not too close of games for the Bulls lol.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I saw 2 games in their entirity today so I will just comment on those.

OKC-DEN: That was a great game. The Nuggets don't have any All-stars on that team, but they have about 10 guys who aren't that far off from that level. But OKC just has guys who can flat out defend in Perkins, Ibaka and Sefolosha. And they actually do have 2 dynamic scorers in KD and Westbrook. I felt a little sorry for the Nuggets who had a couple of bad calls go against them in the last few minutes, but I really think this series won't take too long for the Thunder to finish them off.

LAL-NOH: Chris Paul might honestly be the best player on the court. That guy is still might be the best PG in the NBA simply because he's more proven than Rose at this point. His defense, hustle and passing is just unmatched at the PG position. And he can flat out shoot AND has a nice touch with that little floater of his.

The Lakers really did not get a strong effort from Pau Gasol and that's what allowed NOH to dictate the pace of the game. But what REALLY killed the Lakers was their HORRIBLE transition defense. New Orleans was getting everything they wanted on the break and getting uncontested shots. Fisher is already way too old to rotate in transition because his speed is gone. But they were all late and Carl Landry was eating them up for and-1's off passes from CP3.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't catch SAS-MEM but I will say that Marc Gasol is a very underrated player and Mike Conley Jr. gets overlooked for what he does on defense and his passing. That Grizzlies team is SICKLY athletic at the wing positions- even though Rudy Gay is out for the year.

I still think the Spurs will win this series (especially because I think Ginobili will be back) but this team doesn't play very good defense anymore. Bonner is a bad defender and has no length or speed. Blair is solid but he's mostly a poor man's version of Zach Randolph with better defense--- and Blair's undersized. Marc Gasol is HUGE. That guy has been a top 10 center for a long time now and he's going to prove it against.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I will say it again, Rose is the better player, but Paul is the best pg in the league...

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will say it again, Rose is the better player, but Paul is the best pg in the league...

That's hard to say definitively when 80-90% of the time, Rose is playing the point as opposed to an off-guard.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
First two days of the NBA Playoffs have been spectacular. Every game was exciting and closely contended. Hope the Bulls can keep the exciting trend going, but win big. Go Bulls!

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
That's hard to say definitively when 80-90% of the time, Rose is playing the point as opposed to an off-guard.

Not hard for me at all. After watching them both when they are healthy...I think that its obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.