Around The NHL

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
holy fucking shit that's horrible. I had to look it up to make sure you weren't kidding.

The should have named them the Vegas Slots. Who wouldn't want to be a slot?

Or maybe the Vegas Craps. Great t-shirt potential. Logo could be two dice floating in a toilet.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I like the logo (said while of course not providing a photo) as it captured the nostalgia for the Hartford Whalers negative space logo

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I like the logo (said while of course not providing a photo) as it captured the nostalgia for the Hartford Whalers negative space logo

ab06e8562034bcf4e7c0ab997be189f9

Logo. Not bad.

Name seems a little strange to me, but ... whatever. I bet this team is going to have a real good home ice record.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
At a sushi happy hour place, they have a Las Vegas roll. Don't know what it is but ordering it anyway in celebration of Vegas hockey

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ab06e8562034bcf4e7c0ab997be189f9

Logo. Not bad.

Name seems a little strange to me, but ... whatever. I bet this team is going to have a real good home ice record.

Eh, much like the Golden Seals, dollars to donuts it just becomes the Knights in a few years.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would have thought the Vegas "Slots" would have worked, or "Bandits", or "Aces" Really liked the Aces thing, could have gone with the Ace of Spades as the logo.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Would have thought the Vegas "Slots" would have worked, or "Bandits", or "Aces" Really liked the Aces thing, could have gone with the Ace of Spades as the logo.

They specifically wanted to stay away from any gambling references which makes a lot of sense. I think they did a nice job considering you can't please everybody.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I hated most aces or spades ideas because what can you do with that but go red/black you already have the flames and hawks. Even the shitty not cool red coyotes jerseys. Too much of that exists.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The should have named them the Vegas Slots. Who wouldn't want to be a slot?

Or maybe the Vegas Craps. Great t-shirt potential. Logo could be two dice floating in a toilet.

Sponsored, of course, by Preparation H?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Probably couldn't actually associate themselves with anything remotely gambling related...

EDIT, I see HW beat me too it.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/ct-us-army-vegas-golden-knights-20161129-story.html

[h=1]U.S. Army might have an issue with the NHL's newest franchise[/h]
T-shirts with the team logo for the Vegas Golden Knights are folded and stacked at T-Mobile Arena on Nov. 22, 2016.
(Ethan Miller / Getty Images)

Marissa PayneThe Washington Post

The NHL's newest expansion franchise the Vegas Golden Knights are already facing some stiff competition, but not on the ice. Their first challenge, it appears, is descending on them from above in the form of the U.S. Army Parachute Team, which has been called the Golden Knights since the 1960s. The Army isn't quite sure it approves of the hockey team borrowing its name.
"We're reviewing the situation and figuring out what the way ahead would be," Army spokeswoman Alison Bettencourt told the Fayetteville Observer this week.
Bettencourt said the Army only found out about the name of the new Las Vegas-based franchise on Wednesday, a day after Vegas Golden Knights owner Bill Foley announced it in a high-profile ceremony at the T-Mobile Arena on the Las Vegas Strip.
Foley, a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, was well aware of the name of the parachute team. In fact, he told the Las Vegas Review-Journal last week that he wanted to incorporate that Golden Knights parachute team into the ceremony, but "it got kind of complicated."
NHL expansion team gets a name: Vegas Golden Knights

Foley already ran into trouble with the Army when he wanted to name the team the Black Knights, the nickname of West Point's sports teams, but the academy has trademarked the name.
That isn't the case with the Golden Knights. Although the Army has used that nickname for decades to refer to the top-level parachute team, Foley may have the legal rights to it. In August, he applied to trademark that name (along with the Silver Knights and Desert Knights, just in case). The case is being reviewed.
"We understand that one of the Las Vegas team owners (Bill Foley) has Army connections, and will likely understand our interest in this announcement is meant to protect the proud history of the Army's Golden Knights and their vital role in telling the Army story and connecting America with their Army," Bettencourt said.
In addition to the parachute team, the Golden Knights nickname is also used by Clarksburg College. According to Yahoo Sports, Foley got permission from the school to use the moniker for the NHL franchise before he announced it last week.
The Vegas Golden Knights are scheduled to play their first NHL season next year.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Las Vegas Knights who say ekki ekki ekki ptang zip boing!

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's no Bigfoot

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I don't think I'm viewing this through the Hawks-colored glasses when I say that Shaw was not really this crazy while he was on the Hawks. Am I wrong?