Article: 3 Reasons to Get On Board With Jimmy Graham ??

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
https://beargoggleson.com/2020/03/25/chicago-bears-free-agency-jimmy-graham-contract/

Makes a valid point on the contract #s vs. FA TE market, but I disagree that much should/can be expected of him. Still likely poor value vs. drafting a TE.

*DISCLAIMER 1: This is written by the same guy who wrote/vid about Leno being average, but he makes a few points THIS time FWIW.

*DISCLAIMER 2: If you post some wild opinion without actually reading the 3 min article, you suck & probably belong on the CCS Wall of Shame.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not bothering with it, only morons use disclaimers

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
^ Nice when they prove my point AND eliminate themselves! Not quoting to give troll the satisfaction.

Would've preferred he kept the $ and use for a better LT or G, but understand Pace not wanting to gamble on current TE roster otherwise.

This surprised me despite all claims that GB misused Graham:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rookie TEs rarely give you much and Horsted looks to have potential. We have 10. If the right guy falls, I'd consider him but don't be surprised if we don't draft one.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I slag on Burton a lot, but we need him back. shore up the TE position and you're bound to get way better production on offense.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
^ Nice when they prove my point AND eliminate themselves! Not quoting to give troll the satisfaction.

Would've preferred he kept the $ and use for a better LT or G, but understand Pace not wanting to gamble on current TE roster otherwise.

This surprised me despite all claims that GB misused Graham:
View attachment 5007

what surprised you about 2017 stats?

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
I slag on Burton a lot, but we need him back. shore up the TE position and you're bound to get way better production on offense.
Now that Foles is on the team,Burton has no excuse to play pussy with playing against his former team mates (what a cunt) but he hurt his own ability to play because once you've wimped it becomes easier to wimp again!
Hope he plays like 18 w/out the fear of one of his bfff's getting mad at him!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Good little article.

I think many fans were on the Eric Ebron train (because they have no clue what a good TE actually is), and then started the usual ccs rage posting when Pace chose not to sign "their" guy.

There were a few that think Graham is overpaid, but the article blows that foolish theory up too...if they bother to read it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its obvious that the Bears had plans for the money of Graham vs Hooper. We would not have a complete team if we went down that route.

Graham's contract is one year.

Ideally both Graham and Burton can be on the field at the same time in certain situations.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its obvious that the Bears had plans for the money of Graham vs Hooper. We would not have a complete team if we went down that route.

Graham's contract is one year.

Ideally both Graham and Burton can be on the field at the same time in certain situations.
The last thing we need is 2 tight ends who can't block for shit, on the field at the same time.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Graham was a decent pick and decent price considering the options. The best qualities of Graham is availability (hasn't missed a game in 4 years), experience, can actually block, find an opening and catch.

Some have hopes for the TEs on the team (Horsted, Burton, Holt, Raymond, Braunecker, Shaheen, etc), but Graham puts a decent available vet on the field.

A youtube vid dedicated to Grahams ability and commitment to blocking. Something most of the Bears Off players were missing:

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
*DISCLAIMER 2: If you post some wild opinion without actually reading the 3 min article, you suck & probably belong on the CCS Wall of Shame.
We have a "Wall of Shame". Damn.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The last thing we need is 2 tight ends who can't block for shit, on the field at the same time.
The last thing we need is fans commenting who don't have a clue. Unfortunately, you have overrun ccs...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
We have several young TEs to develop. A guy like Graham can help a ton with that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Burton was the best run blocker his first healthy year with us... fake news

He was no where near that good the previous 3 years and was terrible in limited run blocking situations this year.

So he has had one great year blocking and 4 average to poor ones and immediately got hurt after that great year. So not great evidence his body can hold up with the kind of blocking load he had in 2018.

Entirely possible he is simply a part time player and isn't built to be a TE full time.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
2018 scheme helped I don't know why things changed drastically from 2018 to 2019. No one was good on offense except Allen Robinson. His time in Philly he was rated good but was never full time TE so I don't see where you got the information from that he sucked. You're just basing everything off of 2019 the year everyone sucked and he was fucked up that's amazing.