Article Details What Has Made The Konerko Deal Close To Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Well sorry paulie we cant pay you 15 mill! Should say to hell with it and if were going all out go get prince!! Package Floyd, and prospects

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing I can say i, Konerko and his agenst better lower their prices or they are going to be screwed. The real only suitor right now is the Sox, The O's moved on.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
:turrible: :obama: :facepalm2:

You don't give a 34-year old first baseman with a career mid-.350's OBP a 3-year deal paying him upwards of $15 MM per, you just don't. He's looking to cash in on his career year, and that's fine, he'll just hopefully have to do it with a not-so-intelligent team.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
my preference

konerko- at a normal price.....not 15 mil
fielder- a trade for fielder, package a pitcher and beckham and sign o hudson (just an opinon)
d lee
laroche
pena- last guy i want but i will be ok with now that we have dunn

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
waiting for lefty to now dismantle my opinion on my preferences :)

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Eh, your list is alright, I'd put Pena ahead of LaRoche and D-Lee, though. He gives you similar production to Konerko but at a reduced price, is cheap, and with his HR power, just sign him and hope he goes off. Fielder would be great, but I don't think the money/prospects are there.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh, your list is alright, I'd put Pena ahead of LaRoche and D-Lee, though. He gives you similar production to Konerko but at a reduced price, is cheap, and with his HR power, just sign him and hope he goes off. Fielder would be great, but I don't think the money/prospects are there.

with exception to fielder i was making the list based on salary as well for money to be used in other areas.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ya prince is going to hit the market. ONLY way id trade for him is if he'd sign an extension and his agent Scott Boras wont do that and THATS possibly why he hasnt been moved. Hell the Sox were their best suitor

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
The only thing I can say i, Konerko and his agenst better lower their prices or they are going to be screwed. The real only suitor right now is the Sox, The O's moved on.

The Rangers are still in the picture... The way this looks now, I think Paulie's going to wind up in Texas. :obama:

Chi Sox Nut

Liked Posts:
Predictions here are right in line with what Kenny has been saying...from MLB.com:

"Based on Williams' comments Tuesday, it's looking more like option No. 2 playing out. That list of available first basemen includes Derrek Lee, whom Guillen knows well from their Marlins' days together and Lee's Cubs tenure, Carlos Pena and Adam LaRoche. Williams is looking for a strong defensive presence, but also wants offensive punch from that spot to pair with Adam Dunn.

Rumors of the White Sox interest in hard-throwing reliever Kerry Wood weren't confirmed by Williams. He quickly added it safely can be assumed that the White Sox touched base with any free agent possessing good stuff and who could help the White Sox in the late innings."

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if not konerko its gonna be lee. which is fine because you can spend the extra dough on RP help, and or an upgrade at a position

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
if not konerko its gonna be lee. which is fine because you can spend the extra dough on RP help, and or an upgrade at a position

This. And not only those reasons, of all of them out there Lee is the best hitting first basemen on the market.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This. And not only those reasons, of all of them out there Lee is the best hitting first basemen on the market.

I agree. you are specifically talking about his overall "spray chart" hitting I take it.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ya i always liked Lee. But sign him 1 yr. Ya never know what we could do for 1B next year

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Cancel Pena, he signed with Cubs per Jon Heymen. Which is ok too. Its going to be either Konerko or Lee

Dirty35

Liked Posts:
Call me selfish, but I don't want to sit through another mediocre baseball season just so Paulie can do his farewell tour. If he don't want to take the offer let him go. Kenny is right it's a business decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.