As Expected, Giants hire Vikings OC Shurmur as head coach Pat Shurmur

Liked Posts:
Wonder if they're a little wary after yesterday's performance?

Also somewhat related, both Bridgewater and Keenum aren't sure if the Vikes want them.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder who he takes as his DC. I'd give a call to the guy in AZ. Shurmur has done well with QBs everywhere he has been. I think he will do well with the Giants.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boy did "Uncle" Ernie Accorsi blow this one - he was supposed to get Foxy in there . . .

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hopefully he takes Keenum with him. A new OC and different QB will hurt the Vikes.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People were shitting on Nagy for the Chiefs loss. Shouldn't the same logic be afforded for Schurmur?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
After watching Pederson shellac the Vikes D, I'm starting to get pretty excited about the Nagy hire.

Did it with Mike Glennon 2.0 as well. That was pure domination of the best defense in the league. Very impressive. Hope Nagy was watching.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What’s fair is fair. Shurmur shit away a giant lead at home against the Saints, and was only bailed out by a miracle. Then he got completely flummoxed by the Eagles.

I won’t judge a coach by two games alone, but people judging Nagy for one half of the Titans game should be thinking the above.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hopefully he takes Keenum with him. A new OC and different QB will hurt the Vikes.

Keenum can stay in Minnesota. Without Shurmur he'll got back to his old, shitty ways.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Did it with Mike Glennon 2.0 as well. That was pure domination of the best defense in the league. Very impressive. Hope Nagy was watching.

I'm sure they were...but it's basically coming from the same coaching tree. It really comes down to the receivers running precise routes. Ertz was killing Smith on his routes. They made the vaunted secondary of the Vikes look like a complete joke.

the end around play then a pass option and throwing back to the WR on the end around really got the D good. Great design and it clears out the edge giving the WR plenty of open space to run.

I mean the Jet Sweep fake...I'm getting forgetful in my old age

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
That Keenum magic ran out yesterday though.

I think he's been running on a bit of lady luck...that said...he's the best option for the Vikes at QB going forward. And I'm fine with that....I hope Spielman pays him