As Expected, Giants hire Vikings OC Shurmur as head coach Pat Shurmur

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Vikings and Lions are getting worse with these coaching hires, so that's a positive...

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he's been running on a bit of lady luck...that said...he's the best option for the Vikes at QB going forward. And I'm fine with that....I hope Spielman pays him

I don't see him as a long term answer for any team, Hopefully the Vikes do pay him, they should really let all 3 of their FA QBs walk and make a push for A Smith or Cousins, but they wouldn't be alone. It's going to be fun watching what the market for Keenum's value turns out to be, backup, franchise or somewhere between. What team is going to overpay?

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Did it with Mike Glennon 2.0 as well. That was pure domination of the best defense in the league. Very impressive. Hope Nagy was watching.

Did you not recognize the similarity with the Chiefs' O? I'm sure ours will look similar next year.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wonder if they're a little wary after yesterday's performance?

Also somewhat related, both Bridgewater and Keenum aren't sure if the Vikes want them.

The best thing anyone can do is make an entire judgement from one game vs an entire career....it really makes the best sense.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Wonder if they're a little wary after yesterday's performance?

Also somewhat related, both Bridgewater and Keenum aren't sure if the Vikes want them.

Lovie's Rams defense gave up 30-something points in the playoffs and the next day he was hired to coach the Bears. Were you wary then? Were you wary of Nagy after what the Chiefs did? Is Mike Zimmer no longer a good defensive coach? Was Marc Davis worried because of John Gruden's acting ability in the Hooters commericals?

It means nothing.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lovie's Rams defense gave up 30-something points in the playoffs and the next day he was hired to coach the Bears. Were you wary then? Were you wary of Nagy after what the Chiefs did? Is Mike Zimmer no longer a good defensive coach? Was Marc Davis worried because of John Gruden's acting ability in the Hooters commericals?

It means nothing.

I thought Chucky was good with the Hooters.

Liked Posts:

It means nothing.

I can't recall.

I thought Reid was the play caller until Nagy said he was during his introductory presser.

No.

I'm not sure.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
So I'm not sure but is there a vacancy anywhere now for McDaniels? You know, the wunderkind some on this board were certain would be resurrect our once-great Bears? Surely he couldn't have been passed over by 6 teams?

Speed

Liked Posts:
So I'm not sure but is there a vacancy anywhere now for McDaniels? You know, the wunderkind some on this board were certain would be resurrect our once-great Bears? Surely he couldn't have been passed over by 6 teams?

He's going to the Colts

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
I could not possibly care less about Shurmur or the Giants. Why is this a thread?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So, the Giants hired OC Shurmur as HC Pat Shurmur.

Seems like the only guy who they could have.