At 6'3, 4.44 seconds. Should the Bears just switch Justin Fields to Wide Receiver?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's getting better but still a thing. They get switched to other positions out of high school, partially to fill other holes due to athleticism and partially bias. It's why Lance went to SD state. Major colleges wouldn't let him play QB. Now he's the 3rd pick in the draft.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Word is Nagy has an entire white board wall in his office dedicated to redzone plays with Fields lining up at WR and RB.
Play names include:

Fields of Dreams
Strawberry Fields
Out of Left Fields
Fields General
you missed the obvious

Force Fields

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

At 6'3, 4.44 seconds. Should the Bears just switch Justin Fields to Wide Receiver?

FIFY........title
Ah I didn't know you could change the title text color and font.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If Nagy doesn’t script Fields in for a series against the Rams—and I don’t mean wild cat shit, I mean behind center—he’s doing a disservice to the team. I want to see that defense scramble when #1 steps into the huddle.

Well I don't mind Fields in for a series against the Rams. I just don't want Nagy calling anything that could get Fields injured. I don't want any stupid-azz, designed runs.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Ah I didn't know you could change the title text color and font.

Ya can't.....but we want to make it clear that this is joke thread. And Fields should never be considered anything but one
of the best Qb's (on paper) we ever drafted. You'd be surprised some ppl will glance at this and say 'yeah, why not'.

There's still that mindset.

botfly10.....

Thread is a joke, ?but it's why black QBs are rare

Ralpf

Liked Posts:
Come on, you just know Nagy will have a few plays scripted in which Dalton and Fields are both on the field. Except it will probably be Dalton at QB and run Fields on an end around when it is 3rd and goal.
...I can see it now.

Failing, of course. Worked in 2018, but everyone got the picture pretty quick.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Not that it really matters for Fields, but the 40 times for rookies this year is going to always be screwy. There was no real combine so everybody is just going off what they did on their pro days. But everybody’s numbers are better at their pro days compared to what they put up at the combine. People will sort of just forget that though so all the 40 times and stuff like that will be inflated for this seasons crop of rookies.

Its hard to put much weight on pro days considering 99.999999% of them go well for the player. Which tells you it’s set up for them to look good. How do guys just always have impressive pro days? When do you actually see a bad pro day? They happen, but it’s a rarity. Guys bust at the combine all the time. Because it’s sink or swim. It’s not this manufactured event that’s almost choreographed to make the player look good.

Last edited: