1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Grandadbuddy made you a Bears fan then?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah grandpa coming home at 3 am blasted and waking up the whole house shouting obscenities and threatening to whoop all his grandkids is super cool. Alcoholism is a good time for everyone.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yeah grandpa coming home at 3 am blasted and waking up the whole house shouting obscenities and threatening to whoop all his grandkids is super cool. Alcoholism is a good time for everyone.

Is that why you live in a treehouse and smoke kudzu?

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
The first football game I ever watched was the Rams-Titans Superbowl. That game fucking got me so hooked. I had just moved to Canada, had no clue what the hell football was, but one of my buddies from middle school decided to invite me cuz I liked sports in general. God damn that game completely hooked me to football.

Then decided to cheer for the Bears in like '03 for no real reason other than not wanting to be bandwagon fan and I loved the colours. Since then, never looked back despite the ups and downs.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The year 2000.

First, it was just playing football at recess... Then a neighbor introduced me to Madden. I didn't know anything about the teams, plays, players, etc. but I liked the game. So I started watching it on TV. The Bears were brutally boring, and it was actually a Raiders game that pulled me in. One reason I still consider myself a Raiders fan (obviously Bears first) is because that Raiders team is one of the bigger reasons why I started watching football.

From there, I learned as much as I could about football. I could rattle off the most useless stats and everything.

Spirit Hartigan

Liked Posts:
Been a football fan ever since I was 6 years old, but was born in Chicago, thus born into the Bears community. I don't remember watching the Superbowl but I remember dressing as Jim McMahon for halloween a year or 2 later. Also remember when that jerk from Green Bay picked up McMahon and slammed to the ground, reinjuring his shoulder. Best commercial ever is of the Bears and William Perry knocking back cans of Coke. Then he says, "bring me another case," and the guy says, "another case?" And Perry says, "You got to keep a lot of Coke in the refrigerator."

Football season is always my favorite time of year and I just closed on a house a few months ago and set up a small movie theater in my basement/mancave to stream the games to the wall screen. It's pretty fricking great and I have high hopes for them starting this year and for hopefully many to come!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The year 2000.

First, it was just playing football at recess... Then a neighbor introduced me to Madden. I didn't know anything about the teams, plays, players, etc. but I liked the game. So I started watching it on TV. The Bears were brutally boring, and it was actually a Raiders game that pulled me in. One reason I still consider myself a Raiders fan (obviously Bears first) is because that Raiders team is one of the bigger reasons why I started watching football.

From there, I learned as much as I could about football. I could rattle off the most useless stats and everything.

I used to be a beast in Madden. Used to love making my pops rage quit.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

Don’t ruin good vibes

Rhoads73

Liked Posts:
For me, it was 1985. I was 12 years old and didn't know shit from shinola about anything. The way that team took the entire city by storm was so amazing. I literally worshipped Jim McMahon. After that I was hooked. To this day the only thing that means more to me than Bears football is music and my family.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You ever make it out to Nashville?

He was on his way, but had to save a million people on the side of the expressway and couldn't make it.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
when was that time you found yourself enumerating statistics that left your peers' jaws agape, or totally just owned someone in an argument about zone vs man coverage?

When did it occur to you that this game of inches meant just a little more to you than anyone else that you know/knew? That crucible moment when you emerged from the crystallas as a true football fanatic?

For me, I think it was the 2006 preseason game against the Cardinals where I got tickets for $90(!). Someone sitting next to me asked me how I thought the Bears would do that year. I recited the entire roster (pre-cuts down to 53!) to them. They moved.

I just had to chuckle. Sure, they don't get it. Sure, they think I'm on the spectrum. But they will never have my passion.

How about you?
Good to see ya, Tard/Ole!

It's hard to say when I first knew NFL was special... I was fairly into it watching Payton run in the late 70's, wishing we had a better QB than Evans and Bob Avellini.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Dad watched only boxing , I knew nothing about FB when I started playing, we had to jump a fence to get in HS games no money, watched David Haugh play for my HS they had a canon go off every score, they were not scored on for a season.

Watch the Raider win the SB after watch Walter play became a Bears fan, Think it was being able to make big hits after putting pads on and first three GF being cheerleaders that made me love it. Dad and brother are Bears fans now..

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After watching the InterCity rivalry between the BEARs and CARDINALs

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
do you get in trouble for football obsessions?

My wife has carried a Bears schedule in her purse since we were married so that she doesn’t schedule anything during a game. We will be married 23 years this November.
She gets it. She has watched almost every game with me over the years and has went from “why is it 1 point when you kick an extra point vrs 3 for a field goal?” To “why didn’t Fuller turn his head when he got toward the back of the endzone!!?”

For those of you wondering how to indoctrinate your wife into the love of football I have this bit of advice. ANYTIME they say ANYTHING football related that is on point respond with the following... “you are so sexy when you talk football!” It worked for me. :lol:

Ole, I was hooked on football the first time I played YMCA pewee football at age 7.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I was also hooked from age 7 when I started playing Peewee ball. Played through high school. My senior year we went undefeated through the regular season and lost to the state champs. I had opportunities to play at D2/D3 programs but decided I didn’t want to “pay to play” (stupid private school tuition). Football taught me a lot about hard work, dedication, loyalty, and leadership. After I stopped playing I couldn’t get away from the game so I just translated that into pro ball. I will definitely coach when I have kids. Love the game.

SuzyTigerBear

Liked Posts:
when was that time you found yourself enumerating statistics that left your peers' jaws agape, or totally just owned someone in an argument about zone vs man coverage?

When did it occur to you that this game of inches meant just a little more to you than anyone else that you know/knew? That crucible moment when you emerged from the crystallas as a true football fanatic?

For me, I think it was the 2006 preseason game against the Cardinals where I got tickets for $90(!). Someone sitting next to me asked me how I thought the Bears would do that year. I recited the entire roster (pre-cuts down to 53!) to them. They moved.

I just had to chuckle. Sure, they don't get it. Sure, they think I'm on the spectrum. But they will never have my passion.

How about you?

I was 18 years old and had spent many years by my Dad's side watching football and basketball in the days of Johnny Unitas, Roger Stauback, Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. A guy took me on our first date to a Memphis Tiger football game. Early on there was a play when under my breath I said ""offsides" before the ref called it. My date did a double take. Over the years I had the pleasure of watching players such as Issac Bruce, Deangelo Williams, Stephen Gotskowski, Jake Elliott and most recently Anthony Miller break records at Memphis. So I'm a new Bears fan to see Miller as I followed the Patriots and Eagles before. Witnessing hard work, talent and success at this level is a real pleasure. All the best to the Bears' players, coaches and fans in the new season!