At what point does Kevin White need to play specials?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why give reps to someone that won't be in the NFL next year?

AussieBear

Does it matter if he gets hurt?

Why bother bubble wrapping your 5th WR?

Hoge and Janhs both make it sound like he is slowly falling to 5th on the depth chart.

phuc 5th.. he needs gone

fragile.. that broken confidence has led to shit hands from already questionable hands.

both parties need a fresh start.. especially white if he be wants to salvage his career. bears be moved on in a sense with new bodies. BUT pace ,, dat ego n pride is getting in the way of a cut already... does pace actually hold himself accountable for a change....n before the season starts,,, cuts dat shit. or does he try n save face (cause pace is never wrong, according to pace) at the expense of the team and another player who deserves that spot..

truss me, the playas are watching..

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I was cracking up when people were talking about the Bears great WR depth, and White is a legit#2. He doesn't have the skill or the experience to be a #2. He was drafted because he was a size/speed freak, not because of route running, getting separation, or catching. I haven't seen any indication that White has the talent to be an NFL receiver.

And the Bears are paper thin at WR again. Miller, Gabriel, Robinson and nothing, unless Wims is real, and he better be, just so they can line up 4 wide without using Cohen.

To answer the OP question, I don't care what they do with White.

I don't see this offense going 4 wide often at all unless it's with Cohen. We have solid TEs and RBs...we will use them.

Joliet Jake

Liked Posts:
Sickening White doesn’t make it. Good kid, great talent, just dealt some really shitty cards. For the Bears too.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't see this offense going 4 wide often at all unless it's with Cohen. We have solid TEs and RBs...we will use them.

I promise you every NFL team for the last 40 years has had 4 and even 5 wide formations, including the 2018 Bears, think two minute drills. If the Bears are forced to line up TE's and RB's at WR that would be a pretty strong indication of a lack of WR depth, again.

Not to mention if somebody, god forbid, gets hurt, at that point it's 2017 again with Bellamy.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I promise you every NFL team for the last 40 years has had 4 and even 5 wide formations, including the 2018 Bears, think two minute drills. If the Bears are forced to line up TE's and RB's at WR that would be a pretty strong indication of a lack of WR depth, again.

Not to mention if somebody, god forbid, gets hurt, at that point it's 2017 again with Bellamy.

Having the ability to do it and actually runnng it often are two completely different things. Try to keep up.

And I will take a lesser defender on Burton or Shaheen in the slot any day....and ESPECIALLY on Sundays...

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you need to play White a lot in the pre-season (yeah, yeah, injuries, but wouldn't you rather him hurt in pre-season than DURING the season?) to see what he can truly do. Practices and live ball are two different things.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter if he plays ST. We're not going to dredge any value out of him there.

You play him extensively in the preseason to see if he shows anything at the WR position. If he still isn't flashing, why waste a roster spot? He's a sunk cost anyway. The guaranteed money means a whole lot less than a roster spot. At least that way someone who will be here next year can get meaningful game experience.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe that offset language will come in handy.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Listening to the Hoge and Jahns podcast both reporters talked about how Kevin White has been descending in the last few weeks and appears at best to be the 4th WR, but it appears that Wims is moving on him quickly there.

At what point does Kevin White have to play special teams to have value to the roster?

If he is the 5th WR then traditionally he needs to be on special teams to really bring value for having a jersey on during games.

He doesn't need to play specials. He needs to ride the special short bus.

He has a bone condition.

Pace's crew should have caught it.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Having the ability to do it and actually runnng it often are two completely different things. Try to keep up.

And I will take a lesser defender on Burton or Shaheen in the slot any day....and ESPECIALLY on Sundays...

So, no 2 minute drills for you huh? I think it's crazy to run standard formations in hurry up, but you're the coach.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Honestly, if he doesn't put up a huge season (400+ yards as a 4/5 WR), he's done in the NFL. If he was able to contribute on special teams, he could play a Bellamy-esque role on future teams, but if he plays no special teams he probably has not future in this league after this year.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wish I knew where that #facepalm image was....yikes

:obama:

Yup, the idea of no 4 or 5 wide sets is pretty stupid, you get it now. Don't be too hard on yourself.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I also have no issue with cutting him. If it comes down to him/Bellamy, I honestly think I'd rather have Bellamy.

Now that is an epic battle. Drops Bellamy versus Peg Leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
:obama:

Yup, the idea of no 4 or 5 wide sets is pretty stupid, you get it now. Don't be too hard on yourself.

You're spinning a Remy-level vortex here. I'll let You go back and read before you continue your foolishness.

#readingcomprehensionisagoodthing

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was cracking up when people were talking about the Bears great WR depth, and White is a legit#2. He doesn't have the skill or the experience to be a #2. He was drafted because he was a size/speed freak, not because of route running, getting separation, or catching. I haven't seen any indication that White has the talent to be an NFL receiver.

And the Bears are paper thin at WR again. Miller, Gabriel, Robinson and nothing, unless Wims is real, and he better be, just so they can line up 4 wide without using Cohen.

To answer the OP question, I don't care what they do with White.

Agreed. I remember laughing while reading posts about "the WR position has been addressed" after the Robinson & Gabriel signings, and how our "whole draft changed" because Pace didn't need to draft a WR now.

Thankfully, Pace doesn't read CSS and drafted Miller anyway.

I'm not buying the Baby Gronk thing either.