ATT: LOVIE NUTHUGGERS - please return to reality

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thanks. And by the way, why are you in here arguing with this clown. He is just looking for attention. Nobody could possibly have such backwards thoughts about football.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hahahahahahahaha you think I'm a Lovie fanboy. That's the best part.

I assume you just like to see the truth in these discussions. If you are are like me, you get tired of people making things up to bolster arguments.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Thanks. And by the way, why are you in here arguing with this clown. He is just looking for attention. Nobody could possibly have such backwards thoughts about football.
Entertainment? Who knows.

Actually thought it was decent discussion and then he started with the "ball bounced their way" nonsense and I gave up.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
B3JHpBOCIAA6_dz.jpg

Everyone loves the Lovie.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I assume you just like to see the truth in these discussions. If you are are like me, you get tired of people making things up to bolster arguments.
I just get annoyed when people discount valid points against their own discussion. Saying the Bears made the Super Bowl in 2006 because "they got a lot of bounces" or other shit like that is a gross miscalculation. That team dominated a significant portion of their schedule in a manner I've never seen another Bears team repeat. (Note: too young for '85 team.)

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I personally think that McCown did get the first down, but did not think that they were gonna re-spot it. Big difference getting the ball back with 1 minute than 20 seconds. Bad challenge, but maybe his best shot at scoring a TD. I don't know, tough call.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I personally think that McCown did get the first down, but did not think that they were gonna re-spot it. Big difference getting the ball back with 1 minute than 20 seconds. Bad challenge, but maybe his best shot at scoring a TD. I don't know, tough call.

The real interesting thing, to me, was that McCown's forward momentum was clearly stopped with about 2:03 or 2:04 on the clock. Refs should've blown it dead there. But they let the clock run down to the 2-minute warning, and that was the time when the Bears got the ball on first down. Should've been 2:03, which would've given TB another clock stoppage, which would've gotten them the ball back with closer to 45 or 50 seconds left in the game. Not a huge difference, but still a notable one.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The real interesting thing, to me, was that McCown's forward momentum was clearly stopped with about 2:03 or 2:04 on the clock. Refs should've blown it dead there. But they let the clock run down to the 2-minute warning, and that was the time when the Bears got the ball on first down. Should've been 2:03, which would've given TB another clock stoppage, which would've gotten them the ball back with closer to 45 or 50 seconds left in the game. Not a huge difference, but still a notable one.

Wow, I didn't even think of that. And Lovie could have probably just talked to the ref about that without challenging and risking losing a timeout I would guess.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except the bucs

This Bucs team finds ways to lose. I would not be surprised if they win 9 games next year. It they get a couple bounces they are a 500 team. That Jackson fumble, the tipped interception, the dropped TD. Classic bad team finding a way to lose.

jc456

Liked Posts:
then you didn't watch the play. He needed to get to the 35 and was ~two feet short, replay showed that over and over again. Not sure what you were watching. BTW, I was thanking Lovie for incorrectly challenging it so he lost a timeout. The man hasn't changed a bit.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
then you didn't watch the play. He needed to get to the 35 and was ~two feet short, replay showed that over and over again. Not sure what you were watching. BTW, I was thanking Lovie for incorrectly challenging it so he lost a timeout. The man hasn't changed a bit.

What is with people accusing others of not watching the game. I haven't missed an entire quarter in decades. The showed to play a few times, and said was he down here, or here, or here, it is very hard to tell from the replay. But you know he was 2 feet short. 2 feet short? You are an idiot.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nah, that was one of those instances where the was no anxiety about a challenge reversal. McCowns helmet, with him leaning forward, may have never even made the line, let alone the ball at his waist. The fact that Lovie and his crew had the entire 2 minute warning to review it, yet challenge what was an obvious correct call, while not the in least surprising, was poorly thought out. With O'Donnell going megashank in the second half, the bucs got the ball at the 37. With their two large receivers against Jennings and the rookie frenchy FA back up CB, one minute left could have been a problem.

But, as I said earlier, nice to feel the other side of a WTF Lovie challenge.

Last edited:

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
We got a full dose of Lovie from both teams.

Bears - offense plays horrifically. Terrible QB play. O line gives up multiple first half sacks. Play calling boggles the mind. Offense can't do anything. Defense gets turnovers and bails out terrible offense.

Bucs - terrible offense. Horrific QB play and multiple turnovers and sacks allowed. Defense gets a few sacks early. Total brain fart 'Lovie Challenge' that wasted a timeout. That timeout would have given the Bucs the ball with a solid minute left in the 4th down 8.

So, what I saw was Lovie Smith coaching BOTH the Bears and the Bucs.