Bad to good

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Have you guys ever seen an NFL QB go from so bad to so good in 1 game? I mean even the biggest Trubs homers on the board were starting to doubt after last week. And then to come out and do what he did this week. I'm honestly struggling to think of a similar situation. Anyone got any examples?

dub80

Liked Posts:
Have you guys ever seen an NFL QB go from so bad to so good in 1 game? I mean even the biggest Trubs homers on the board were starting to doubt after last week. And then to come out and do what he did this week. I'm honestly struggling to think of a similar situation. Anyone got any examples?

The QB he was playing against.......... Fitzmagic......... Josh McCown

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No but I just wanna see him continue to grow off of that success today! That was an amazing game all the way around especially from Mitchell!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You forgot good Rex bad Rex? And the good cutler games when the diabetes wasn’t clouding his shit vision?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We need to relax and temper our expectations going forward. Awesome game, awesome performance, where everything clicked. Hopefully we continue to progress.

Agree! enjoy it right now

msadows

Liked Posts:
We need to relax and temper our expectations going forward. Awesome game, awesome performance, where everything clicked. Hopefully we continue to progress.

Shut the fuck up.

So everyone can call him a bust and say he sucks when he plays MEDIOCRE. But the minute he plays great we need to calm the fuck down?

Meatball fans are the worst.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
Shut the fuck up.

So everyone can call him a bust and say he sucks when he plays MEDIOCRE. But the minute he plays great we need to calm the fuck down?

Meatball fans are the worst.

How about I do not shut the fuck up and ignore your bullshit rant about nothing? Also, stop abusing the word "meatball". That word is getting annoying as fuck already.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I said before, I hope this is the game where where everything turns around for Trubisky and Nagy, and we never have to look back.

But in playing devil's advocate, there were a lot of defensive miscues by TB that resulted in many easy completions/TDs.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Clean pocket, relaxed feet, open receivers, and lots of confidence. It was fun as hell, and something great for the offense to build on.

msadows

Liked Posts:
How about I do not shut the fuck up and ignore your bullshit rant about nothing? Also, stop abusing the word "meatball". That word is getting annoying as fuck already.

So let me get this straight, its okay to have fans absolutely demolish him for playing meh, but the minute he plays great we have to calm our horses.

Okay, gotcha.

Sammich

Liked Posts:
So let me get this straight, its okay to have fans absolutely demolish him for playing meh, but the minute he plays great we have to calm our horses.

Okay, gotcha.

No. Enjoy the game. Enjoy the big win. I am saying that to the people who are saying that his one big game today means that he has turned it all around and is a really good QB now. Yeah, he played awesome today, but we need to see some consistent 2-3 TD games before we start calling him awesome.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I never doubted.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The Mitch homers (like me, i guess, I prefer the term optimists) just kept saying that Mitch needs more time to get comfortable in the system. The Oline gave him time today, he looked comfortable, his vision and anticipation on routes improved, and everyone looked good. It never did make sense why a guy known for accuracy in college suddenly looked so inaccurate. Bears fans just need to be patient, this offense will look amazing 1 and 2 years from now

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me preface this by saying 1) I'm about half drunk in an airport bar right now, and 2) I've only watched highlights and won't see the whole game until later.

That said, the obvious difference this week, to me anyway, was the pass protection. Give any NFL qb a clean pocket and he'll beat you (though he might not throw 5 TDs in a half).

I'm absolutely THRILLED with this performance and I'm not criticizing the kid here at all. But I will say I'd like to see better decisions when he's under pressure as well.

Now back to drinkin. Bear down!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Mitch homers (like me, i guess, I prefer the term optimists) just kept saying that Mitch needs more time to get comfortable in the system. The Oline gave him time today, he looked comfortable, his vision and anticipation on routes improved, and everyone looked good. It never did make sense why a guy known for accuracy in college suddenly looked so inaccurate. Bears fans just need to be patient, this offense will look amazing 1 and 2 years from now

This.

I hate the ploarization of this fanbase. Either a Koolaide drinkin' homer or a hater? No. The truth is nearly always somewhere in the middle. Goes for Pace, Mitch, and the team as a whole.

Rash overstatements are just ignorant per definition of the word.

No doubt they'll continue to grow over time as was described from day 1 straight from the source. Fans be impatient and despite being conditioned to having hearts broken and being let down, they expect perfection because it allows a perfect comfort to be able to finally trust the team again.

Anything less = overly cautious and demands for perfection, which of course is unrealistic.

Today was near perfection, but that won't be the case every game. Opponents will be better (and have been better so far) than TB's shitty D. Awesome to see our D dismantle the Fitz-magic.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I didn't expect 6 but I thought there TDs and 275 was attainable. All he needs to do is hit open receivers. That is something that can be corrected quickly. We had receivers open every game he kept missing. I don't mind some of his misses, but he has to give us some long balls to keep defenses honest. This will make the game easier for him.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I also want to add confidence is huge for young players. He needed a game like this to feel good about himself going into the bye. He needed some swag. He needed to be able to turn on ESPN and nfl network and hear people praising him going into the off week.