Bad to good

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to relax and temper our expectations going forward. Awesome game, awesome performance, where everything clicked. Hopefully we continue to progress.

Of course. This could very well be a once in a lifetime game, but the point was, he showed IT. He’s now had a couple of multiple td games. It would be great if he could get a lead in every game and keep it with our D, but very soon he will have to show that he can put this team on his back and come back from behind. It’s a huge question mark, but I have faith that he will be able to do so. Gonna enjoy this one for a while.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Shut the fuck up.

So everyone can call him a bust and say he sucks when he plays MEDIOCRE. But the minute he plays great we need to calm the fuck down?

Meatball fans are the worst.

You seem REALLY upset. Why so glum? Bears just got a big win, maybe you could do us all a favor and pull your panties out from between your cheeks.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Give the offense success, and confidence will start forming. Hopefully Mitch and Co. will continue the success and develop swagger like the defense. When then happens, the rest of the NFL should fear the Bears.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You seem REALLY upset. Why so glum? Bears just got a big win, maybe you could do us all a favor and pull your panties out from between your cheeks.

Because listening to all the negativity for months, even years gets old. Like a naging wife or angry little kid the way some of the pissed of Bears fans have been/are. Bitching and disliking with zero logic & trolling. Then they get Mack & want perfection despite having proclaimed this to be a 6-8 win team earlier. Pissing in the well of optimism all along the way. Nice to prove the optimistic potential, then some of em flip to bandwagon, even deleting old posts and starting threads as if they knew it all along. GRIMSON!!

Lovin' the win. Who else has big $$ coming if Bears so much as make the playoffs at 6:1, 10.5:1 to win NFCN? I do. Doubters gave me better odds, haha.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
But in playing devil's advocate, there were a lot of defensive miscues by TB that resulted in many easy completions/TDs.
In playing God's advocate (don't really know a term for this), a lot of the defensive miscues by TB were caused by offensive scheming.

Two examples:

The fake bubble screen / TD pass to Bellamy was 100% caused by the scheme. The bubble screen had been called so often during the season that two defenders bit on it leaving two receivers for 1 defender.

The goal line TD pass with 2 QBs caused the defenders to expect something exotic with the QBs. Instead Gabriel was able to take a quick shovel pass and easily get in the endzone.

The easy completions are part of an Andy Reid type of offense. The QB just needs to find the open one quickly. Trubisky did it today with great results.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
On the flip side, what a fall from grace for Fitzpatrick. The dude just set an NFL record for three straight 400-yard passing games... then gets benched at halftime.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He won't do this every game. He doesn't need to.

If he can keep the turnover to TD/INT (might as well add fumbles to that too) ratio at 2:1 and score at least twice a game (either in the air or on the ground) we are going to be hard to beat. We could easily put up 24-30 every game and with this defense that should be more than enough.

It was nice that Trubs was able to exploit an obviously very weak secondary to the extreme but he won't see that bad a secondary most weeks.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mitch wasn’t bad.

Yeah, I don't know if I'd ever say he was bad. He showed some signs of bad, and struggled at times. But then he'd get back into "stacking completions" and being efficient with quick passes, screens, etc.

I think maybe Nagy helped keep him from ever being bad. He should probably get some credit for that.

Bad is more like, playing so poorly that you are hitting no one and you need to be replaced. He never got there imo.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to relax and temper our expectations going forward. Awesome game, awesome performance, where everything clicked. Hopefully we continue to progress.

I have a feeling we will still be sitting on a couch posting on a message board next game

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I think tempering expectations is good. Because if anyone expects him to grow from here they're probably going to be back to bitching soon. Rodgers hasn't had another TD game like this since, what, 2014?

A QB that made a turn around like this, albeit with an off season was Mahomes. He hasn't had another game like this (very similar stats, BTW) for a week or two.
Is this a sign of what the system can do?

I think Trubuchet's turn around was Nagy backing off the amount he was trying to push. Mitch wasn't being bad, he was being overwhelmed.

mecha

Liked Posts:
observation, dating back about the last 11 years... the Chicago Bears have faced teams they should have easily blown out. and didn't, for about 724 different reasons. yeah, this was a strong Buccaneers team going in (on paper), but all their wins I'm sure were in high scoring shoot outs against other shittier defenses. they just happened to face the Bears and got smacked. the performance the Bears put on in all phases is what they should have done, and they did, for a change.

even though he didn't really do much, Winston had a little more than Fitz going on. we should be thankful the offense ate clock and the defense remained fresh. I don't think they were in any danger of losing by that point, but I think winning by a larger margin is way cooler than barely scraping by like they have lately. for once you'll observe, they didn't let off the gas. I hope that remains a constant going forward instead of Lovieball.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
for once you'll observe, they didn't let off the gas. I hope that remains a constant going forward instead of Lovieball.

They did, though. They should have hung 73 on this bitch ass Tampa team and put the rest of the fucking league on notice.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They did, though. They should have hung 73 on this bitch ass Tampa team and put the rest of the fucking league on notice.

Besides being classless it put our own players at risk. Once we went up by 40 in the 4th quarter it was time to tone it back. All we need is Mack or Cohen hurt because a pissed off Tampa player decides to get revenge on us for running up the score.

Trust me, the entire league took notice of what we did yesterday.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Besides being classless it put our own players at risk. Once we went up by 40 in the 4th quarter it was time to tone it back. All we need is Mack or Cohen hurt because a pissed off Tampa player decides to get revenge on us for running up the score.

We should have torn off Fitzpatrick's jersey and helmet, and shaved off his beard at the 50 yard line. Put the fuckin' league on notice!

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
on the flip side, what a fall from grace for fitzpatrick. The dude just set an nfl record for three straight 400-yard passing games... Then ran into the buzzsaw named the chicago bears defense

ftfy

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As I said before, I hope this is the game where where everything turns around for Trubisky and Nagy, and we never have to look back.

But in playing devil's advocate, there were a lot of defensive miscues by TB that resulted in many easy completions/TDs.

It's called football and how a lot of QBs get their best games under their belt. I didn't hear posters say Mahomes 6 TD game was like that when most of his TDs were layups. This should be tempered optimism but props are in order.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

I'm sure the classless Falcons didn't cry because they took advantage of Lovie's class, or any of the other teams that took advantage of Bears losing momentum to lay back with a lead.
Burning time to score is one thing. Burning time to hand the ball back without trying to score is stupid.