Baker Mayfield scoffed at Bears wanting to interview him

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Bolt/Baker-Mayfield-scoffed-at-Bears-wanting-to-interview-him-114250382

n a piece for Sports Illustrated, Robert Klemko outlined a scenario he saw unfold at the Renaissance Hotel this week when a Bears scout approached Mayfield about conducting an interview:

“You know I’ve got to get you for 15 minutes, Baker,” the scout tells him.

“Yeah, we’ll see. I’ve got a bunch more meetings tonight,” Mayfield replies.

It goes on like that, with the scout pressing on and Mayfield apologetically leaning away, reluctant to commit to a 15-minute interview with a scout whose team drafted a quarterback second overall just nine months ago. Then something clicks in Mayfield’s brain, like the latch catching on a closing door.

“You guys just drafted Mitchell Trubisky,” Mayfield says, “so what do you want with me?”

AussieBear

man checkin da pace.. guud fer him.. makes me likes him even mo.. dont want dat pace wastn his time.. smartz

Trantor

Liked Posts:
Not the sort of thing you want to hear about a potential QB prospect. Even if the way he feels is understandable, you can't do that. Character is more important at QB than any other position. Some teams out there will absolutely consider this a red flag. He's such a moron.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
If he is there and pace drafts him I might just have to join the i love pace camp. But I fully expect him to be gone by 8.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Lol dude is a tard

Teams think he's a silver spoon fed moron, so lets act like you're bargaining from the same position as a NFL team :lol:

AussieBear

way to try n build trade interest pace...im sure gms round da league belieb u interested.. even the college kid b calling u out..

christ

pace outplaying pace yet again..

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This sounds bad, but I'm sure when put in context is understandable. I imagine Baker has plenty of interest from NFL scouts and doesn't have the time and energy in one weekend to meet with every team.

Even then, Isn't there a limit to the amount of meeting the players do this weekend?

If he has to choose who is going to get his time, the Bears shouldn't be a priority. Plain and Simple.

Speed

Liked Posts:
He had some stuff going on with his mom. She has a illness. I don't know if that impacted who he wants on his time or not. Still it does nothing to dispel what people think about him. Sorry I got somewhere important to be sounds better than Hey man didn't you grab Mitch T last year? Maybe he was half joking, but its hard to tell.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Uh, you guys are missing the obvious point here.... Pace KNOWS Trubisky is a bust and is already hot after other top QB prospects.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Even third rate QBs dont want to play here..................Ouch. We are the Browns of the NFC

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Not the kind of attitude that wins over your bosses or teammates. First impressions are usually hard to dispel.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Its a complement and a business really. Am I missing something?

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Thant being said I am really stoked for the Senior bowl. Put your heart on the turf.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
WHy is this even news? If you are a QB soon to be drafted with ambitions to be an NFL starting Qb, why would you want a team that has a young QB who they like alot to have interest in you?