Baker Mayfield scoffed at Bears wanting to interview him

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
He has a good point, but he's not viewing it from the Bears' perspective. They're trying to get a good gauge on him to better determine how much interest other teams might have for him for draft strategy purposes.

Essentially the interview is a waste of time for Mayfield but there's some potential value for the Bears.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I understand. He doesn’t want to be a backup.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
A team looking to trade up with the Bears may have asked them to check him out for this very reason. Mayfield would fake his interview with realistic teams but would probably show his true colors with the Bears since he knows they won't draft him. This is a reminder that you always stay professional and don't leave any stones unturned when looking for high paying work.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not the kind of attitude that wins over your bosses or teammates. First impressions are usually hard to dispel.

From what I'm hearing on the NFL Network from the Senior Bowl, Mayfield's teammates love the guy and look to him as a team leader. The coaches in Mobile have nothing but praise for him, obviously his teammates and coaches in Oklahoma love the guy and say he the alpha team leader.

As fans we see the immature and douchey behavior, but where ever he goes his teammates and coaches love him. The story about him not wanting to talk with Bears coaches/scouts will upset Bears fans only, I can't imagine why anyone else would even care.

Plus if dear sweet Mitchell were to pass away (heaven forbid) Mayfield is in play.

AussieBear

[video=youtube;BmICBOeIq_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmICBOeIq_Q[/video]

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Having a difficult time giving a shit.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn't really matter in the long run to the Bears....Mayfield's a douche, but we already knew this.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't really care. Guy will bust hard anyway.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Nope, sorry. Doesn't pass the smell test. Don't think random scouts from NFL teams are going to be approaching Senior Bowl players in a hotel lobby asking for an interview. There's going to be a structured process for setting up team interviews. This falls under the if-it's-on-the-Internet-it's-got-to-be-true category, despite logic saying otherwise...

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope, sorry. Doesn't pass the smell test. Don't think random scouts from NFL teams are going to be approaching Senior Bowl players in a hotel lobby asking for a team interview. There's going to be a structured process for setting up team interviews. This falls under the if-it's-on-the-Internet-it's-got-to-be-true category, despite logic saying otherwise...

I would think that if a team wanted to talk to a player they would contact his agent to set something up. That agent has to justify his 10%, and if I'm Mayfield's agent the Bears would be pretty low on my list of meetings to set up.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
From what I'm hearing on the NFL Network from the Senior Bowl, Mayfield's teammates love the guy and look to him as a team leader. The coaches in Mobile have nothing but praise for him, obviously his teammates and coaches in Oklahoma love the guy and say he the alpha team leader.

As fans we see the immature and douchey behavior, but where ever he goes his teammates and coaches love him. The story about him not wanting to talk with Bears coaches/scouts will upset Bears fans only, I can't imagine why anyone else would even care.

Plus if dear sweet Mitchell were to pass away (heaven forbid) Mayfield is in play.

Assiebear, Alpo, Eggbritches, and now you seem to be the only ones responding to this with anything other than apathy.
So it's not upsetting Bears fans.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Johnny Manziel part 2

I think he's gonna be a good NFL QB. The kid is a baller and puts it's all out there when he's on the field. If we didn't have Trubs i'd love to have Mayfield. I see him as another R.Wilson type.

34 GOAT

Liked Posts:
Uh, you guys are missing the obvious point here.... Pace KNOWS Trubisky is a bust and is already hot after other top QB prospects.

Man, I hope that is not the case, because if it is, pace should be tarred and feathered, and hung from a yardarm.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;8bD4iLxFTAI]https://youtu.be/8bD4iLxFTAI[/video]
That should be an event at the combine. The "drink a 30 pack of Bud Light then try to outrun four cops" drill.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Assiebear, Alpo, Eggbritches, and now you seem to be the only ones responding to this with anything other than apathy.
So it's not upsetting Bears fans.

Well that is the opposite of what happened. I don't care and made that clear. Go look on page one, plenty of angry Bears fans, I'm not one of them. Did you read this thread, if so, that comprehension, not good at all.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
NO interchangeable named players!!!

Baker Mayfield. Mayfield Baker....Cant be trusted...