Ballard and Toub?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
My apologies, I thought this was a forum dedicated to the Chicago Bears.

Seems like you and a couple other posters spend most of your time here bitching about others talking about the Bears. Why are you even here?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It seems to a number of people being a fan = being a fucking sheep. Which really inst that surprising since that tends to be a large portion of society's approach to life in general.

Mitchapalooza

John Harbaugh was a ST coach for 10 years in the NFL before becoming a HC. Just cause no one hired Toub as a HC yet doesn't mean it's cause they're scared or whatever. Jesus.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Again, I never said a STC cant make for a great HC. Ive simply said the fact that Toub himself having been been passed over a number of times is reason to believe that he might not be viewed a HC material around the league. Hes been a great STC for a long time, and yet hasnt landed a HC gig, despite numerous interviews and talk for a number of season in the past about his being a hot name.

I simply do not think the Bears would even be interested if he didnt happen to be part of the organization in the past. And if the Bears hire him I believe they are the only team that would consider doing so.

I dont get why so many of you expect others to go into this with blind optimism, wtf has this organization done to earn the benefit of the doubt? But go ahead, you have every right to hope for the best. Meanwhile Im going g to expect the worst and maybe Ill happily be wrong.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Plus, Toub has ties to the organization in his past, and you know we can't have that.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My apologies, I thought this was a forum dedicated to the Chicago Bears.

Seems like you and a couple other posters spend most of your time here bitching about others talking about the Bears. Why are you even here?

Bitching about one player and one coach isn't tslking football but I digress

Mr.Anderson

Liked Posts:
I think George gets it right this time IMHO.

But as for Toub, I get why people wouldn't want to take a chance on him, he's too much of an unknown and his resume doesn't exactly scream qualified head coaching credentials. But for me, I look at all the things he has done with his squads, how he manages his players, his level of accountability, his preparation and level of detail and his ability to get the very most out of his players ...etc are a few reasons why I think he would be a good HC.

My only questions would be, can he manage a game and can he bring in qualified coordinators to do the job that would make us successful? And with his attention to detail, I think he could.

Look I don't know if he'll be a great HC or even a shit one but I do know he is a great special teams coordinator and I wouldn't mind taking a chance to see if that would carry over to the head coach position. I'm 100% all in for Toub.

Trantor

Liked Posts:
What exactly is wrong with Toub's resume? How is it worse than any of the other HC candidates without HC experience? Personally, I'd take his resume over some of the other candidates that only have a couple of seasons or less as coordinators. This particular argument makes no sense to me.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Again, I never said a STC cant make for a great HC. Ive simply said the fact that Toub himself having been been passed over a number of times is reason to believe that he might not be viewed a HC material around the league. Hes been a great STC for a long time, and yet hasnt landed a HC gig, despite numerous interviews and talk for a number of season in the past about his being a hot name.

I simply do not think the Bears would even be interested if he didnt happen to be part of the organization in the past. And if the Bears hire him I believe they are the only team that would consider doing so.

I dont get why so many of you expect others to go into this with blind optimism, wtf has this organization done to earn the benefit of the doubt? But go ahead, you have every right to hope for the best. Meanwhile Im going g to expect the worst and maybe Ill happily be wrong.

I can understand your frustration but how is it any different going into this with seething pessimism? I just plan on watching this play out without any hope or damnation

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I can understand your frustration but how is it any different going into this with seething pessimism? I just plan on watching this play out without any hope or damnation

Cuz it seems like we're going down the same road. It seems like the same movie and different actors.

Nick80

Cuz it seems like we're going down the same road. It seems like the same movie and different actors.

Well, that's a good thing for you, you can continue to quote a million posts one at a time and repeat the same thing over and over again to your hearts content.

Happy days!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post

Well, that's a good thing for you, you can continue to quote a million posts one at a time and repeat the same thing over and over again to your hearts content.

Happy days!

sir I believe the topic is Ballard and Toub? Thanks

Nick80

Did you have a point R&S? You readily question everyone on their reasoning, mainly on the topic of GM/HC yet, unless I have missed it, aren't willing to put forward your own suggestion of a GM/HC combo. If it is within one of the 50 threads on the same subject on the site, then I'd be more than happy to LOL at it and continue 'trolling' you.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

How is this the same road? Different GM's and different coaches doesn't equal the same road? Trestman was not like Lovie and Angelo was not like Emery so I fail to see your point honestly

Newblood

Liked Posts:
How is this the same road? Different GM's and different coaches doesn't equal the same road? Trestman was not like Lovie and Angelo was not like Emery so I fail to see your point honestly

Because the guys that the media say are the leading candidates have previous ties with the Bears. Therefore, that equals the same road. So may as well start freaking out now and start cunting.

When the fact of the matter is, no matter who the Bears pick, these same people would be here saying it's the same ole Bears. Some people just want to bleed.