Best Defensive Infielder Christian Villanueva
Best Infield Arm Kris Bryant
Best Defensive Outfielder Albert Almora
Best Outfield Arm Jorge Soler

CHAMPS!!!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Interesting Olt doesn't even crack the top 10.

CHAMPS!!!

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
JEIMER CANDELARIO and ARODYS VIZCAINO do not belong on that list. Viz did not pitch last year and is being ranked on what he did pre. Jeimer lacks power to be concidered a top 3B prospect. Pretty homer pick.

Now Bryant #2 yes he is the best Cub in the AFL and the best hitter in the league. He has shown that his talent is better than Soler or Almora.

Edwards I feel is a little premature to rank him in the top 3. He is top 10 for sure. I want to see him become more of a innings eater before he is anointed an ace type.

Johnson is about right where he is. I believe he could be Shark quality type. 2-3 starter.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
He doesn't, but the centerpiece of that deal ranks 3rd. :shifty:

Olt was the second rated prospect in a rather deep rangers cupboard last year. To think he wasn't the center piece of the Garza deal is a head scratcher. Edwards went from 48th rounder to prospect in less then a year. Ill give him time to prove himself at AA.

Everybody do sleep on Mike Olt. When all is said and done I have a feeling he will be the Cubs 3B and Bryant on a corner outfield spot.

CHAMPS!!!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Olt was the second rated prospect in a rather deep rangers cupboard last year. To think he wasn't the center piece of the Garza deal is a head scratcher. Edwards went from 48th rounder to prospect in less then a year. Ill give him time to prove himself at AA.

Everybody do sleep on Mike Olt. When all is said and done I have a feeling he will be the Cubs 3B and Bryant on a corner outfield spot.

CHAMPS!!!
I think that is a long shot, however, that would be very exciting if it worked out that way.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I hope Kyle Hendricks is on the Cubs MLB roster before the 2014 season ends and he should get an invite to spring training and a chance to compete for a spot in the rotation.

CJ Edwards better be in AAA by the time the 2014 season ends. He wasn't even in AA this season but he deserved to be promoted.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike Olt is like Arodys Vizcaino. The Cubs bought low due to a health condition. If the health condition (Olt's eyes in this case) get fixed the Cubs have a chance to get a real top level player. If those health issues can't be fixed then it will turn into a big bust. That simple. If Olt's eyes are fixed he probably opens the year at 3B, and maybe a Valbuena/Murphy platoon would provide a huge offensive boost at 2B. That would be nice with a veteran OF signing, and the offense will be a little less putrid with development of the young guys in the infield.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
That list sure does make :cum:

I just hope in 3 yrs when we look back at this we dont :puke:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Mike Olt is like Arodys Vizcaino. The Cubs bought low due to a health condition. If the health condition (Olt's eyes in this case) get fixed the Cubs have a chance to get a real top level player. If those health issues can't be fixed then it will turn into a big bust. That simple. If Olt's eyes are fixed he probably opens the year at 3B, and maybe a Valbuena/Murphy platoon would provide a huge offensive boost at 2B. That would be nice with a veteran OF signing, and the offense will be a little less putrid with development of the young guys in the infield.
If anything, I think the recovery when coming over to the Cubs would have been on the mental side. What's promising is that the last 10 games with IA he hit .333 and took 10 walks.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Very high praise for Edwards, or perhaps lowballing our outfield prospects. In any case, seeing where they normally rank, sounds like we may have 5 Top 30 or 40 prospects, which is incredible.

Not as high on Candelario and I would not put Vizcaino on the list after missing an entire season, but the fact that they still see something in him is great.

Keepi in mind that this isn't Callis anymore though.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Wait, doesn't their list come out tomorrow? Where did you get this?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If Olt's eyes are fixed he probably opens the year at 3B, and maybe a Valbuena/Murphy platoon would provide a huge offensive boost at 2B.

Bingo
That would be nice with a veteran OF signing, and the offense will be a little less putrid with development of the young guys in the infield.

No

It has been put out that Vitters has been adjusting to OF play. I expect him on the short end of a platoon with Schierholtz. His arm is coincided plus and his bat fits the corner OF mold. It could end up saving his career in the ML's. Not saying with the Cubs par say.

I'm seeing them investing into a top of the rotation and trading shark for a MLB ready top of the rotation type. 3rd move would be a closer or set up to go along with Strop. Those are the changes I expect happening. Rest should be in house options.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I hope Kyle Hendricks is on the Cubs MLB roster before the 2014 season ends and he should get an invite to spring training and a chance to compete for a spot in the rotation.

CJ Edwards better be in AAA by the time the 2014 season ends. He wasn't even in AA this season but he deserved to be promoted.

Edwards was in A ball with the Rangers and got promoted to A+ with the Cubs. So he was promoted last year. Don't rush it.

We will see with Kyle. I'm not so high on him. Iowa: 6.1 S/O per 9 is pretty low but he counters with a 1.8 BB/9 and a 7.9 H/9. So not over powering stuff but throws strikes.

If Bosio sticks I could see this working out but not every control pitcher will have success.

Pitchers that lack talent have to be smarter than the hitter and has to have MLB experience and command to back it. Maddog was successful due to his brain not his arm. But that took years to prove it.

The odds are against him. He lacks to ability to just gass it when in doubt. I'm not counting him out but he has a bigger chance of becoming a Casey Colman stuck in AAA and not even making it as a BP arm.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
We definitely have a handful of guys to keep an eye on to make our future better. I just wish we had more pitching. I miss the days of Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Clement etc when we had one of the better rotations in the league. And guess what? We almost went to the series with that staff.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
JEIMER CANDELARIO and ARODYS VIZCAINO do not belong on that list. Viz did not pitch last year and is being ranked on what he did pre. Jeimer lacks power to be concidered a top 3B prospect. Pretty homer pick.

Now Bryant #2 yes he is the best Cub in the AFL and the best hitter in the league. He has shown that his talent is better than Soler or Almora.

Edwards I feel is a little premature to rank him in the top 3. He is top 10 for sure. I want to see him become more of a innings eater before he is anointed an ace type.

Johnson is about right where he is. I believe he could be Shark quality type. 2-3 starter.

How can there be a "homer" pick on a list of top prospects exclusively in one organization?

Unless you mean Jeimer is from the writer's hometown.

Every team has to have a Top 10. Maybe all of one team's is better than 8 of another. But unless you have fewer than 10 players in your minor league system, you have a Top 10.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't look to much in this list past the top 6 or 7

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
\It has been put out that Vitters has been adjusting to OF play. I expect him on the short end of a platoon with Schierholtz. His arm is coincided plus and his bat fits the corner OF mold. It could end up saving his career in the ML's. Not saying with the Cubs par say.

I'm seeing them investing into a top of the rotation and trading shark for a MLB ready top of the rotation type. 3rd move would be a closer or set up to go along with Strop. Those are the changes I expect happening. Rest should be in house options.

What top of the rotation types are out there besides Tanaka? Josh Johnson, Ubaldo Jimenez and Scott Kazimir have huge question marks. And I really doubt that the front office is heavily invested in Josh Vitters producing anything this season. He could surprise, but I think he has been written off a long time ago since he doesn't walk or hit for a ton of power.