BA's Top Ten Cubs Prospects list

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Agreed. If Vitters does anything at the MLB level, it will be a surprise. It's possible, but I doubt the organization expects much from him at this point.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Very surprising to see CJ Edwards at #3. People refer to the Cubs "Core 4" , and Edwards is not considered to be in that category. Also surprised Johnson is higher than Alcantra. I would love nothing more than to see Olt pan out, but it would be interesting to see which guy they move to LF. Won't be CF obviously and Soler's arm suits him in RF so they won't likely play there either.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very surprising to see CJ Edwards at #3. People refer to the Cubs "Core 4" , and Edwards is not considered to be in that category. Also surprised Johnson is higher than Alcantra. I would love nothing more than to see Olt pan out, but it would be interesting to see which guy they move to LF. Won't be CF obviously and Soler's arm suits him in RF so they won't likely play there either.

If Bryant moves to the OF, he would go to right over Soler. Soler arm is good but not as good as scouts thought it was. Bryant arm is stronger from what I have read.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Wait, doesn't their list come out tomorrow? Where did you get this?

I have my sources.:gary:

In reality, i'm subbed. I had it for a couple days already.

CHAMPS!!!

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I have my sources.:gary:

In reality, i'm subbed. I had it for a couple days already.

CHAMPS!!!

Lucky :smh:

I'll get to see the rest of ths stuff in a few hours now I guess (e.g. Top players under 25)

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Edwards, and Hendricks are the homer picks in pitching for me... Hopefully Hendricks can turn into a poor man's Maddux with the slow velocity, and ground ball pitching style, Edwards, he has a little bit before he is a legitimate prospect in the organization. 1 year of lights out doesn't throw him in the talks. I love Johnson though... really hope the kid pans out... would be a nice slap in the face for all those guys jobbing for Prince Fielder before. Also, Olt is going to be interesting... I feel like he is going to struggle mightly in ST and will start in AAA again.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Edwards, and Hendricks are the homer picks in pitching for me... Hopefully Hendricks can turn into a poor man's Maddux with the slow velocity, and ground ball pitching style, Edwards, he has a little bit before he is a legitimate prospect in the organization. 1 year of lights out doesn't throw him in the talks. I love Johnson though... really hope the kid pans out... would be a nice slap in the face for all those guys jobbing for Prince Fielder before. Also, Olt is going to be interesting... I feel like he is going to struggle mightly in ST and will start in AAA again.

Not sure you get how all this stuff works. One year ago Olt was a top 50 prospect and untouchable. People yo-yo around quite a bit based off good/bad seasons in the minors.

Also, I think you're underselling how good Edwards was. To illustrate my point, compare Edwards in A ball to a top 10 prospect overall on most people's list in Taijuan Walker. Walker was 6-5 with 10.52 k/9 3.63 BB/9 74.0 % LOB% 2.89 ERA and 2.70 in A ball in 2011. It's a bit harder to add up Edwards since he was at 3 different A levels this past year but he was 10-5 and had 11.49, 11.76, 12.91 k/9 3.64, 3.28, 2.74 bb/9 72.3%, 71.7%, 81.6% LOB, 2.11, 1.83, 1.96 ERA and 1.99, 1.78 and 1.81 FIP. That's absurdly good strike out ratio which is typically a indicator of top tier pitching.

For what it's worth, Walker spent all of 2011 in A ball, all of 2012 in AA and split time this year between AA, AAA and the majors. So, it's not that out of the question to say Edwards could see full time in the majors in 2-3 years. Almora is on a similar time frame and is still a prospect most don't worry about being in top 10/100 lists.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

Dude, I was watching Good Burger a couple of days ago. "They sound similar." Good movie.