Baseball HOF A JOKE!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact Bonds and Rose arent in or Clemens for that matter is an effing joke. Glad for Ortiz, but wasnt he linked to PEDs as well but he was just liked more.

I will never take that Hall seriously when you have a bunch of mouth breathers still talking about Babe Ruth being the ultimate player of all time.

Bunch of fucks that only do missionary.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, it's a popularity contest. I'm pretty sure Ortiz was mentioned in the same report as Sosa and was even popped at one point, but he's one of the media now and well-liked. Bonds, Clemens, Rose all should be in the Hall. If they really want to leave out players from that era, then no one should get in. It's BS. Steroid use was so rampant at the time that it was pretty much a level playing field. Even with steroids, it takes talent to achieve what they achieved.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah, Sosa never had any evidence/proof against him but he will never get in…meanwhile, Ortiz everyone was suspicious of as well but never had proof against him.

There’s definitely a double standard going on.

Also, we have some absolutely terrible human beings in the HOF already…alot worse than guys that juiced

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Sosa never had any evidence/proof against him but he will never get in…meanwhile, Ortiz everyone was suspicious of as well but never had proof against him.

There’s definitely a double standard going on.

Also, we have some absolutely terrible human beings in the HOF already…alot worse than guys that juiced
Sosa with 18 percent vote. Insane

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Wasn't there a report or something that Ortiz did test positive?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Yeah, it's a popularity contest. I'm pretty sure Ortiz was mentioned in the same report as Sosa and was even popped at one point, but he's one of the media now and well-liked. Bonds, Clemens, Rose all should be in the Hall. If they really want to leave out players from that era, then no one should get in. It's BS. Steroid use was so rampant at the time that it was pretty much a level playing field. Even with steroids, it takes talent to achieve what they achieved.

He was mentioned in the Balco report but never popped and never failed a test. All the other guys minus Sosa admitted it.
But yeah, Ortiz last seasons were crazy. You don't get better as you age. IMO Ortiz was juicing.
They will all eventually get in now that it's out of the BWAA hands.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact Bonds and Rose arent in or Clemens for that matter is an effing joke. Glad for Ortiz, but wasnt he linked to PEDs as well but he was just liked more.

I will never take that Hall seriously when you have a bunch of mouth breathers still talking about Babe Ruth being the ultimate player of all time.

Bunch of fucks that only do missionary.
100% agreed

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He was mentioned in the Balco report but never popped and never failed a test. All the other guys minus Sosa admitted it.
But yeah, Ortiz last seasons were crazy. You don't get better as you age. IMO Ortiz was juicing.
They will all eventually get in now that it's out of the BWAA hands.
I thought he did fail a PED test. He said it was vitamins or supplements or something.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
MLB didn't mind when all these guys brought fans back and were making them big time dough after the strike had them on the verge of collapse.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I thought he did fail a PED test. He said it was vitamins or supplements or something.

MLB implemented a new policy in 2004 and Ortiz never failed their tests.
In 2003, MLB privately audited the system and his name came up as having been a user and failed unofficial tests.
Basically he was never caught IMO.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The writers colluded and lost their importance.
Good.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
They need to remake the HOF voters to be more representative of several generations. Right now it is made up of boomers are who narcissists who view the era of 60's and 70's and 80s baseball as natural, because that was their childhood. They are too insecure and egotistical to vote for players that outperformed their heroes.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
MLB implemented a new policy in 2004 and Ortiz never failed their tests.
In 2003, MLB privately audited the system and his name came up as having been a user and failed unofficial tests.
Basically he was never caught IMO.

Popular choice

Cubs fans in general dislike Sosa for corking and bailing out on his last games.

If you can not grab your own fan base the GL.

Bonds had a over all dislike towards him.

McGuire admitted to it after he couldn't be purged for it. That sealed their fate.

Ortiz was in general liked as a person. Manny was not and didn't get in.

Is what it is. MLB has a family friendly fan base and has to be jaded on who they celebrate.

This is a political vote. Most know who not to vote for as MLB might cut their vote rights.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They need to remake the HOF voters to be more representative of several generations. Right now it is made up of boomers are who narcissists who view the era of 60's and 70's and 80s baseball as natural, because that was their childhood. They are too insecure and egotistical to vote for players that outperformed their heroes.

Irrelevant. MLB doesn't want the backlash of pushing a suspected cheater into the hall.

Sorry to say it. Maybe one day there will be a new building built celebrating the greatest cheaters in sports and celebrate how they didn't get away with it

Sounds more fun the waiting in line for boring do gooders.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Irrelevant. MLB doesn't want the backlash of pushing a suspected cheater into the hall.

Sorry to say it. Maybe one day there will be a new building built celebrating the greatest cheaters in sports and celebrate how they didn't get away with it

Sounds more fun the waiting in line for boring do gooders.
Every generation had a substance they used to cheat.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Every generation had a substance they used to cheat.

Still irrelevant, Shoeless Joe Jackson is still not in the hall after the black sox. Even though all he did is mark an X because he was illiterate. 100 ban thus far. For a .356/.423/.517 career hitter in the dead ball era.

Pete is still getting the snub. Even though he bet on his teams to win not lose.

Lets be real here. This is not about a guy sticking a needle in his ass to get over on a record. If Barry was white this may have been swept under the carpet. Conseco most likely blackballed by MLB for breaking unspoken codes.

If it was Mac breaking the record. Ya this is a non issue and Hey Hey lets celebrate 1998 all over again. But no a disliked human who happens to be black.... Hammering Hank got death threats for passing Babe and he did it legit.

We can say...drugs are used and they are banned all day long. If it was Mac this never goes to the senate for a clown show.

This was about stopping Barry Bonds from breaking a record.

When Mac broker the single record.... Hey Hey.

Bonds did it? Ya open a Senate investigation.

I like to cay 'Come on now" This time it applies.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But the way I look at it. You let in one you open the door for the rest. That is why non of them will be let in.

Forever? Well a precedent has been set with Shoeless and Pete. Gambling and we are talking 100 years. Joe is dead and still not in.

So don't be shocked when 100 years go by and status que.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Still irrelevant, Shoeless Joe Jackson is still not in the hall after the black sox. Even though all he did is mark an X because he was illiterate. 100 ban thus far. For a .356/.423/.517 career hitter in the dead ball era.

Pete is still getting the snub. Even though he bet on his teams to win not lose.

Lets be real here. This is not about a guy sticking a needle in his ass to get over on a record. If Barry was white this may have been swept under the carpet. Conseco most likely blackballed by MLB for breaking unspoken codes.

If it was Mac breaking the record. Ya this is a non issue and Hey Hey lets celebrate 1998 all over again. But no a disliked human who happens to be black.... Hammering Hank got death threats for passing Babe and he did it legit.

We can say...drugs are used and they are banned all day long. If it was Mac this never goes to the senate for a clown show.

This was about stopping Barry Bonds from breaking a record.

When Mac broker the single record.... Hey Hey.

Bonds did it? Ya open a Senate investigation.

I like to cay 'Come on now" This time it applies.

So Roger Clemens was a black guy all this time? I never knew

While I can agree that it shouldn't be this way, the reality is it was there prick behavior along with suspected or known PED use that's cost them. Todd Helton isn't in and he's pretty white guy with some impressive numbers.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So Roger Clemens was a black guy all this time? I never knew

While I can agree that it shouldn't be this way, the reality is it was there prick behavior along with suspected or known PED use that's cost them. Todd Helton isn't in and he's pretty white guy with some impressive numbers.

He was another in the witch hunt.

This was not about the scandal.

If it was then this would have been addressed after 1998.

This was about Barry blasting 80 Jack's and looking to blow up every record in the book.

I would call the hearings a clown show because it was.

MLB is a private industry.

The fact that the Government got involved with the private sector was a joke. That is why no one went to jail.

Hmmm ? why did no one go to jail?

Because it was all smoke and mirrors.

MLB got strict because black eye national CNN bad PR. I would call it a reaction.

If they were serious then fines and bans would have been levied.

So the final part of this is blocking them from the Hall. ?. Boo hoo.