Non subscriber article--
------------------
Benches clear at Bears camp

Martellus Bennett (Jerry Lai/USA TODAY)
By Jeremy Stoltz
Bear Report Publisher
Posted Aug 2, 2013

Share on twitter Share on facebook | More Sharing ServicesMore

The Chicago Bears took a page out of the WWE today with an on-field scuffle during practice, in which most of the team was involved.

At the beginning of Chicago Bears practice today, the tight ends and safeties squared off in 1-on-1 blocking drills. During one of the first reps, TE Martellus Bennett lifted S Major Wright off his feet and threw him to the ground.

On Bennett's next snap, he drove S Chris Conte 15 yards deep into the backfield. At a certain point, Conte got tired of being pushed backward and he yanked Bennett's helmet off. The two began jawing before Craig Steltz intervened. Yet almost immediately, Bennett and Steltz started going at it.

"From Day 1 I have been physical," Bennett said after practice. "I have gears. I’ve got a fifth gear I can take it in usually. You like when your teammates don’t like to finish blocks and things like that. Today, I feel like they got a little rough with me, so I got a little rough with them."

But it wasn't over by a long shot.

In the following 7-on-7 session, Bennett caught a pass over the middle. CB Kelvin Hayden hit the big tight end after the catch and threw him hard to the ground.

And it was on...

More here http://chi.scout.com/2/1312391.html

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Lol FIRE AND PASSION!!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
..."It’s practice, it is what it is," Bennett said. "That’s what we’re here for. Everybody is aggressive, everybody is a little tired, everybody is a little sore. Guys do something you don’t like, you just react. I am an aggressive football player, I will never stop being one. I am a blue collar football player and that is what I always will be and I enjoy playing like that."

Coach Marc Trestman said the team used the scrum as way to raise their intensity on the field.

"It’s going to happen in a game where somebody’s going to lose their mind," Trestman said. "When one guy does, it’s not who he is, he just lost his composure for a minute. The team’s gotta bring him along and I thought the team did a very good job of pushing through practice and not lowering the effort, but actually the effort was raised and we finished with a very clean practice."

Wright agrees.

“Definitely. It gets everybody riled up," he said. "It gets everybody going even if you were not having a good day that kind of gets you going. It was a good day. Overall, today was a good day other than that little scuffle we got into. But that happens for teams. We’ll move on and get better."

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
It wasn't a big deal, I was right there watching it. If anything it's M.Bennetts bitchy prima donna attitude after the scuffle that is gonna set this team aprat in the season if he starts whining. I'm just tellin yua guys as someone whos played football his whole life, Bennetts got that whiney bitchy attitude noone can stand. He reminds me of a young Brandon Marshall, hopefully our Marshall can get his ass in line.

Liked Posts:
It's about time we had a player on offense that didn't take any shit from the defense during TC. This offense has been put over the D's knee for years now. I love seeing some good ol' piss & vinegar from the offensive side of the ball for a change.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It wasn't a big deal, I was right there watching it. If anything it's M.Bennetts bitchy prima donna attitude after the scuffle that is gonna set this team aprat in the season if he starts whining. I'm just tellin yua guys as someone whos played football his whole life, Bennetts got that whiney bitchy attitude noone can stand. He reminds me of a young Brandon Marshall, hopefully our Marshall can get his ass in line.

I don't disagree with a team not wanting a whiney bitch as I played football through college so I know what you mean. But, what do we have to say that Martellus is a whiney bitch? One day? I don't remember hearing complaints about his attitude or having problems with his teammates. Then again, I have not really followed his career.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't disagree with a team not wanting a whiney bitch as I played football through college so I know what you mean. But, what do we have to say that Martellus is a whiney bitch? One day? I don't remember hearing complaints about his attitude or having problems with his teammates. Then again, I have not really followed his career.
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6296430

Wanting Kitna to start over Romo.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
If BU is there this NEVER happens. Not saying I miss Lach, just saying....

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Better than offense on offense training camp scuffs before the Bears have had.

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
This happens all the time. When it crosses into the locker room is when it becomes a problem. People just need to chill the fuck out, it's football for fucks sake not the national spelling bee.

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys don't now shit about what happens in an NFL practice. Neither do I.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
This happens all the time. When it crosses into the locker room is when it becomes a problem. People just need to chill the fuck out, it's football for fucks sake not the national spelling bee.

I agree.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True, but last week we were poking fun at the titans and some other team I can't remember for having brawls in camp. So maybe we should figure out exactly where we stand on this.

well. I never commented on the Titans brawls, so I know where I stand. haha

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:

It was there. The guy is known for running his mouth and not always being a great teammate.