Bear sign TE Jesse James

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if anyone saw that James deal has 3 void years on it. So we are kicking the can down the road for a 3rd string TE. Not sure that is necessary
Pace loves carrying around corpses.

The Bears have signed tight end Jesse James to a one-year deal, NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo reported on Sunday. According to Brad Spielberger of Pro Football Focus, it’s a one-year contract with a $2.15 million max value, with $1.65 million guaranteed, and three void years added on to keep this season’s cap hit lower.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Pace loves carrying around corpses.

The Bears have signed tight end Jesse James to a one-year deal, NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo reported on Sunday. According to Brad Spielberger of Pro Football Focus, it’s a one-year contract with a $2.15 million max value, with $1.65 million guaranteed, and three void years added on to keep this season’s cap hit lower.
It's like he just learned about void years and is using them on unnecessary contracts now

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is an insurance policy

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
for cole kmet sucking again lol

greg23

Liked Posts:
Hes battling with Holtz-butt-horstead for the #3/4 TE spot

He's an upgrade over all three

Not sure what all the angst is about.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
i guess they’re not confident Graham will finish the season
They would get $7M in cap space if they cut Graham now.

This move makes me think they aren't confident Graham will be on the team come week 1.

Seriously, Leno and Massie signed for under $4M cap space combined. You could get backup tackles with starting experience just in case the Jenkins or Ifedi aren't ready.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I hated the Graham signing. He actually had a pretty good year though. Hell statistically he had to be up there as far as TD’s for tight ends. He was really the only guy they could rely on in the red zone. People act like he sucked though and are always bringing up dumping him for cap purposes. Not sure why. He is the only TE they have who has a real track record. I know Kmet is supposed to be the guy now. It hasn’t happened yet though and until it does they need to have somebody who can take up that role. The way he produced they actually didn’t really even overpay. Although initially I didn’t think he’d be anywhere near worth what they signed him for. He was a solid contributor though and people act like he wasn’t.