Bears all time team

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I put Cutler on the QB list.

Don't put Forte for Anderson
Matt Suhey is the only FB for the Bears that I have seen as making an impact. Nagurski as mentioned is legendary. I think Brian should be taken off.

George Blanda as a kicker for the Bears? He made 43.8% of his FG's as a Bear. Granted kickers are a lot more accurate these days but fuck. Made the list on name alone like Piccolo.
Of course, you put Cutler on the list cause you're a Packer fan. Dumb as hell to put such a prolific loser on an all-time great team.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Prime Neal Anderson is better than Forte

I disagree. He was a more explosive runner in terms of speed, that's about it. Anderson rushed for less ypc than Forte and he did it behind a much better line. Never seen a Bears player so underrated by his own fans as Forte, and it's all because he makes everything look so easy. Because of his body type and fluid running style, he doesn't move as frantically and jerkily as some shorter and lesser backs, and people are confused into thinking what he's doing isn't that good. But he is a top player and he belongs on this list.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree. He was a more explosive runner in terms of speed, that's about it. Anderson rushed for less ypc than Forte and he did it behind a much better line. Never seen a Bears player so underrated by his own fans as Forte, and it's all because he makes everything look so easy. Because of his body type and fluid running style, he doesn't move as frantically and jerkily as some shorter and lesser backs, and people are confused into thinking what he's doing isn't that good. But he is a top player and he belongs on this list.

No, he doesnt get the respect that you think he deserves because he gets tackled by a cricket in the grass and cant/wont power his way out of a tackle

Other than that hes great

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, he doesnt get the respect that you think he deserves because he gets tackled by a cricket in the grass and cant/wont power his way out of a tackle

Other than that hes great

He is respected by those who count, not unknowledgeable fans on message boards. If he were as bad or soft a runner as you think, he wouldn't be considered one of the best in the league by the coaches, players, and paid analysts who understand the game a lot better than you do.

And let's face it, if I hated Forte, you would argue for his virtues all day until the cows came home.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he were as bad or soft a runner as you think, he wouldn't be considered one of the best in the league by the paid analysts who understand the game a lot better than you do.

I was referring to your comments about being underrated by the fans..Not analysts. And besides, they might get paid, but judging on some of their comments, their knowledge occasionally comes into question

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So if a coach says a certain player is good I will automatically accept it. Does this work with every player or just the ones you are a fanboy of mick?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You can do whatever you like, Pride.

Finally got permission lol. Seriously though forte osnt better than anderson and goes down quick but he id still damn good. Dont take it as a shot

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Finally got permission lol. Seriously though forte osnt better than anderson and goes down quick but he id still damn good. Dont take it as a shot

We can agree to differ on that. My Forte love is secure enough to accept that and still respect you.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
He is respected by those who count, not unknowledgeable fans on message boards. If he were as bad or soft a runner as you think, he wouldn't be considered one of the best in the league by the coaches, players, and paid analysts who understand the game a lot better than you do.

And let's face it, if I hated Forte, you would argue for his virtues all day until the cows came home.

Cmon man, you are letting your love of Forte cloud your vision. Forte is respected as one of the better ALL AROUND backs in the NFL - you have to add that qualifier in there (ALL AROUND).

As a pure runner, he's middle of the pack. He doesn't possess explosive speed ala Charles or Johnson (we've seen quite a few breakaways in which he's been caught), he doesn't possess insanely quick feet ala Shady and he doesn't possess brute force to run over guys and or break tackles to extend plays ala Lynch, Lacy or Murray.

His biggest value as a runner is his vision and most importantly, his patience. Not to mention his ball security (Carolina game was a fluke).

If Matt Forte wasn't the receiver he was, he wouldn't get the accolades he does. It's his versatility that makes him so good, not his pure running ability. If they passed a rule tomorrow that RBs can only run and not receive, Matt Forte's value would diminish greatly.

I love him as a FOOTBALL player. I love him as a RUNNING BACK. I'm lukewarm on him as a runner.

Right or wrong, his biggest drawback is his inability to break tackles. If Marshawn Lynch is the best starting RB in the NFL at breaking tackles, Matt Forte might be the worst. I watch a lot of football (5 games or so each week) and in watching, I simply can't think of other guys that go down on such minimal contact as Forte.

It is what it is. It's unfortunate. If he were to fix that shortcoming of his game, he'd probably average another 12-18 yards per game and pick up another 2-3 first downs per game. Unfortunately, Forte goes down on first contact more than a $2 hooker.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Harris was absolutely elite before injuries cut his career short. If his play from 2004-2006 could have lasted for a decade, he would be rivaling Warren Sapp as an all-time great 3-tech. He was unbelievably good. It's insane to have the Fridge in there over him.

Harris was good..but he wasn't that good. Warren Sapp was an absolute monster and one of the best DT's of all time. Harris was a good NFL player.

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anderson was faster and more explosive. Forte better vision, moves, and overall player. Underrated toughness too.

[video=youtube;ke_nI8KZckk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke_nI8KZckk[/video]

Anderson was the more agile of the two. Better "shake" guy. Much better feet.

Forte has had the better longevity obviously but the physical skill set advantage easily goes to Anderson. IMO Anderson was a better player, but just didn't do it for as long. Similar to how Sayers was obviously the better player than Anderson, but Anderson just had the longer career production wise. (Disclaimer: the talent gap from Sayers to Anderson is much wider than from Anderson to Forte I was imply trying to compare talent vs length of production)

Last edited:

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
QB: Sid Luckman

RB: Walter Payton
FB: Bronko Nagurski

WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Johnny Morris

TE: Mike Ditka

T: Jim Covert
G: Stan Jones
C: Clyde Turner
G: Danny Fortmann
T: George Conner

DE: Doug Atkins
DT: Wally Chambers
DT: Dan Hampton
DE: Richard Dent

OLB: Joe Fortunato
MLB: Dick Butkus
OLB: Lance Briggs

CB: Charles Tillman
CB: JC Caroline
S: Gary Fencik
S: Roosevelt Taylor

K: Robbie Gould
P: Brad Maynard

KR: Devin Hester

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
QB: Sid Luckman

RB: Walter Payton
FB: Bronko Nagurski

WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Johnny Morris

TE: Mike Ditka

T: Jim Covert
G: Stan Jones
C: Clyde Turner
G: Danny Fortmann
T: George Conner

DE: Doug Atkins
DT: Wally Chambers
DT: Dan Hampton
DE: Richard Dent

OLB: Joe Fortunato
MLB: Dick Butkus
OLB: Lance Briggs

CB: Charles Tillman
CB: JC Caroline
S: Gary Fencik
S: Roosevelt Taylor

K: Robbie Gould
P: Brad Maynard

KR: Devin Hester

id take that entire list cept id trade out cutler for luckman

cd35

Liked Posts:
I disagree. He was a more explosive runner in terms of speed, that's about it. .

Anderson was an INFINITELY better pass catcher and blocker in addition to just running. If there is any player that is underrated it's him. He could catch as well as any WR and block as well as any FB(which he was forced to play when Payton was there). It's been overlooked bc the guy before him happened to be one of the most beloved and best ever at doing all those things.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cmon man, you are letting your love of Forte cloud your vision. Forte is respected as one of the better ALL AROUND backs in the NFL - you have to add that qualifier in there (ALL AROUND).

As a pure runner, he's middle of the pack. He doesn't possess explosive speed ala Charles or Johnson (we've seen quite a few breakaways in which he's been caught), he doesn't possess insanely quick feet ala Shady and he doesn't possess brute force to run over guys and or break tackles to extend plays ala Lynch, Lacy or Murray.

His biggest value as a runner is his vision and most importantly, his patience. Not to mention his ball security (Carolina game was a fluke).

If Matt Forte wasn't the receiver he was, he wouldn't get the accolades he does. It's his versatility that makes him so good, not his pure running ability. If they passed a rule tomorrow that RBs can only run and not receive, Matt Forte's value would diminish greatly.

I love him as a FOOTBALL player. I love him as a RUNNING BACK. I'm lukewarm on him as a runner.

Right or wrong, his biggest drawback is his inability to break tackles. If Marshawn Lynch is the best starting RB in the NFL at breaking tackles, Matt Forte might be the worst. I watch a lot of football (5 games or so each week) and in watching, I simply can't think of other guys that go down on such minimal contact as Forte.

It is what it is. It's unfortunate. If he were to fix that shortcoming of his game, he'd probably average another 12-18 yards per game and pick up another 2-3 first downs per game. Unfortunately, Forte goes down on first contact more than a $2 hooker.

BM basically burned all his credibility when it comes to discussing Forte when he said the following:

FirstTimer: Do you think Matt Forte is better than Emmitt Smith?

BM: "Hard to say."

He also thinks it's "close" between Forte and Thurman Thomas and he think Forte is better than Marcus Allen.