Bears allegedly looking slot

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
The Bears already have this player, his name is Tarik Cohen.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
As taking as they know the playbook and don’t punch the opposition im good

Wims is a waste of a roster spot and an indictment of both Pace and Nagy.

Pace for picking an undisciplined WR with suspect hands

and Nagy for neither controlling him nor benching him and letting this guy hurt our offense week in and week out

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Bears already have this player, his name is Tarik Cohen.

Tarik and Jimmy G staying gives us a decent amount of slot targets.

However, wouldn't be shocked if we take a slot WR in the 3rd considering its a strong WR class again.

msadows

Liked Posts:

and Nagy for neither controlling him nor benching him and letting this guy hurt our offense week in and week out

Isn't Wims good at blocking/ST?

If so he's not a waste, but 100% replaceable by a late round pick. No reason the dumbass should be on the roster.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Tarik and Jimmy G staying gives us a decent amount of slot targets.

However, wouldn't be shocked if we take a slot WR in the 3rd considering its a strong WR class again.
Yeah it'd be nice to have a solid trio

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

If so he's not a waste, but 100% replaceable by a late round pick. No reason the dumbass should be on the roster.

Imagine a 7th round pick having flaws. Miller is a massive disappointment. Wims is just a guy, best on ST

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Wims was a 7th rounder. 7th round picks are typically a GM taking a shot at upside/special teams targets.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Anthony Miller trade rumors heating up?

If someone was willing to give a 7th, I have to believe he would be gone already.

I know we all don't like A.Miller very much but he's definitely worth more than a 7th round pick. I think the issue is more about all the free agent WR's and how strong the draft is at WR for why they might be having trouble finding a taker for him.

Sign Tim Patrick or play Riley Ridley.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Jacob Infante
@jacobinfante24

·
Mar 25

Take a look at some of the draft wide receivers the #Bears are meeting with: • Rondale Moore • Elijah Moore • D’Wayne Eskridge They clearly have a type: athletic slot weapons. With Anthony Miller trade rumors picking up, Chicago could go WR in one of the first three rounds.

I think that Elijah Moore is an elite talent that will transform our passing attack. He can not be covered one on one in Man coverage.

He took the best that the D Ole Miss was playing and just broke them. It's different when you're the guy that the D tries to stop and can't. Again, if we go with Money and AR on the perimeter and Moore in the slot, they can't use a LB to cover him. He'll just chew up yardage and force the D shell down, thereby opening up either a single on Money or AR. As long as Dalton can throw a catchable ball to Money deep, fahgetaboudit.

Has a very good discussion of Elijah Moore, then, you just watch the tape.

The other two are speed dudes. This guy's a guy that can catch, run routes, and has speed.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Lots of Fools Gold for slot receivers in this draft. Overall, I'm not impressed with this class. While I'm ready to move on from Anthony Miller, his college tape was better than most of the options that will be available to us in this draft.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Imagine a 7th round pick having flaws. Miller is a massive disappointment. Wims is just a guy, best on ST
Wimms value dropped to zero when his bum ass decided he can take dumb ass penalties fighting. I like him as a player before that but bums should never be able to get away with that crap. Should have been cut after

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wimms value dropped to zero when his bum ass decided he can take dumb ass penalties fighting. I like him as a player before that but bums should never be able to get away with that crap. Should have been cut after
Yep. Agree. At least uppercut the guy

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This year's WR draft class is better than last years. I'll let Mike Furrey pick the next WR since he did find Mooney.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Wims plays decent blocking/ST, and I'm fine with him taking WR reps. Who are you talking about there's no reason the dumbass should be on the roster? you mean Wims or Miller?

I'd give Wims another chance. But yeah, if he punched one more player, I'd offer to trade him, but he wouldn't likely make many rosters; so I'd bench him.

Last edited:

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Wims was a 7th rounder. 7th round picks are typically a GM taking a shot at upside/special teams targets.
I know we all don't like A.Miller very much but he's definitely worth more than a 7th round pick. I think the issue is more about all the free agent WR's and how strong the draft is at WR for why they might be having trouble finding a taker for him.

Sign Tim Patrick or play Riley Ridley.
I'm keeping Miller! He's obviously got skills.

It's the job of the coaching staff to keep him from doing his one-arm catches, or two gator arms; and keep him from doing stupid penalties like throwing punches. How hard could that possibly be?

Miller could be a very good Slot receiver. Cohen might be better. I'd have them split the reps. If Miller does something wrong, ream his ass out loudly on the spot about letting his team down and bench him. Put in Cohen, Ridley, Wims, whoever.

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This just in...Bears are looking for a dirty little slot....