Bears and Seahawks are “really fucking deep” in talks regarding Russell Wilson

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
...ya'll better get ready for Alex Smith.

MisguidedMeatyArachnid-size_restricted.gif

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I often wonder why I’m not excited as most to see the Bears trading a huge cargo for a 32 yr old Wilson.

Maybe I’m to jaded by the past...

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I often wonder why I’m not excited as most to see the Bears trading a huge cargo for a 32 yr old Wilson.

Maybe I’m to jaded by the past...
That's the ONLY thing about it I don't like
Not everyone is TB12

On the other hand...Watson is only 25

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
...ya'll better get ready for Alex Smith.
sad part is...if Wilson & Watson wasn't on the table Smith would still be the best QB they've ever had

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wilson will be 33 end of november. You would hope to get at least 6-8 years of him at the very least and that’s an eternity in the nfl.

Watson at 25 is definitely more intriguing to me long term...with the thought he is only getting better and can reach or top wilson at some point. His knee history is concerning though but not a deal breaker

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I’ve been waiting for Portillos Hamburger to confirm with his sources. It’s happening!
Yeah, I was excited until I read his bio where he clearly states he's not affiliated with Portillos Hamburger.

Without the junk food street cred I'm wondering who his 'multiple sources' really are?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Wilson will be 33 end of november. You would hope to get at least 6-8 years of him at the very least and that’s an eternity in the nfl.

Watson at 25 is definitely more intriguing to me long term...with the thought he is only getting better and can reach or top wilson at some point. His knee history is concerning though but not a deal breaker
Agree but I like that fact that Wilson has come out and said he would play for Chicago and would want to turn the franchise around. Seems like he’d would stick around the rest of his career.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I don’t know.........Wilson was only a third round pick. I mean how good could he be?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i think to build a superbowl you have to balance the guys who are on their rookie contracts with the expensive vets....now you're making the QB slot a big salary, you have to find younger cheaper kids in the draft, except we would be giving up prime draft picks for 3 years allegedly, getting closer to the end of Wilson's career

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think to build a superbowl you have to balance the guys who are on their rookie contracts with the expensive vets....now you're making the QB slot a big salary, you have to find younger cheaper kids in the draft, except we would be giving up prime draft picks for 3 years allegedly, getting closer to the end of Wilson's career
I am definitely on the fence about winning the Watson or Wilson sweepstakes for this very reason. Seems to be several decent rookie qbs we could try to move up for.

It may be possible to move into any of spots 2-7 to acquire one probably cheaper than getting Wilson or Watson and be able to manage our cap situation much easier.

exciting to think of these two, but I would be ok with that and wouldn’t necessarily run pace and Nagy out the door if we come up a little short this season...so long as we are moving in the right direction.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Trubisky is the best QB free agent, while all you knobs are slobbering over Wilson and Watson, neither of which is available
Based on what?

Trubisky ain’t coming back here. I don’t think there’s any appetite for that on either side.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
How are they deep in talks for Wilson, with a massive offer on the table for Watson?? Are they trying to get both?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have the Bears cum yet

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How are they deep in talks for Wilson, with a massive offer on the table for Watson?? Are they trying to get both?
Duh! YOGAFQBO

You only get a franchise QB once

Biscuit

Liked Posts:

“.......As long as a team drafts well enough, then, can the quarterback set records with his contract and cap hit and still win a Super Bowl?

Potentially. But we're still waiting to see it. Consider the quarterback who took up the highest percentage of his team's cap: Brady.

Both in 2020 and in 2018, according to Over the Cap, Brady's cap hit made up 12.2 percent of his team's cap. Per OTC, he's the only quarterback to take up such a significant percentage of his team's cap and still come away with a Lombardi........What's it mean? A quarterback can be expensive and win it all, but maybe not too expensive since that 12 percent threshold seems to represent the magic number over the last two decades.........”