legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Just making an observation here. According to ESPN, Vikes have a higher rated overall defense than the Bears AND a higher rated overall offense. This while playing a first place schedule this season while Bears played a fourth place schedule. Since Vikes rate higher than Bears, they must be pretty good, agreed?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ower-rankings-non-quarterback-mvps-every-team

What's weird is the same site has the Bears being a top 5 team, but the Vikings are middle of the pack... strange.

WhichBackAchillestang-small.gif

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Be prepared to be called a troll....

I'd just go with idiot. Do you really think the Vikings are better than the Bears? The fact we already beat them once and have 3 more wins tells me no.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just making an observation here. According to ESPN, Vikes have a higher rated overall defense than the Bears AND a higher rated overall offense. This while playing a first place schedule this season while Bears played a fourth place schedule. Since Vikes rate higher than Bears, they must be pretty good, agreed?

Did you "observe" this in my post that pointed it out? :)

The first place schedule vs the fourth place schedule accounts for exactly two games of 16. Not completely insignificant, but as it turned out, we were 1-1 in our games against 4th place finishers and they were 1-1 against 1st place finishers, as one was the Eagles.

We have played 12 common opponents, and have two more wins.

Did you create a new alt just for this?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Did ESPN explain why their statistics didn't win the game for the Vikings when they played the BEARs ?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I still find this thread funny...in my 10 years of going to games here in MN. I've never seen the Bears beat up the Vikings that badly.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Look at DVOA stats instead.

And don’t know about the schedule, but the Vikes haven’t beat a single team above .500 this year.

Thank heavens we have DVOA to tell us the Bears had a better defense than the Vikings in 2018.

Signed

Fuck Choreman

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ahhhh.....the advanced metrics that people use to show hidden rankings that really tell us the better team.

I put these up with Aikman efficiency ratings and the numbskull PFF “data scientist” that told us Trubisky isn’t half the quarterback that Cousins is.